Sheila and I signed the paperwork for our new apartment in a new 55+ development along Lady Bird Lake ( via DMA Companies ) that still has 3 connected bldgs in-progress. They form a U-shape around an existing tower ( The Rebekah ) that’ll be stripped down inside and out and, two or so years from now, will dwarf in height the new U-form of our new Lady Bird section. Our new unit is in the 1st bldg, essentially finished and cleared for leasing 😊
DMA Companies, btw, also constructs any-age affordable housing in the Austin and other areas ( cities and states! )
As is our custom, contrary to when we were “much” younger, Sheila and I take a handful of days before the movers to take more delicate stuff over on our own and place it in our new address, and that’s what’ll we’ll be doing til early next week.
Temperatures being what they were today, that’ll be an even better moving strategy than usual, lol!
While we’re obviously still sorting and preparing for the movers to come for our stuff in about a week, and I haven’t done much painting, I have had a few moments to work up another new poster of one of my paintings – hopefully have more on that soon 😊
Thanks so much everyone! We’re feeling a bit of a preliminary relief here in the Lerma family, at least in terms of where we’ll live, so continue to wish us well 🙏 ❤️
Voting, in our democracy, is the purest form of expression.
Dissenting, affirming, protesting –
– all flow through the form of the ballot, not, the bullet…
Stay well everyone – for oneself, and for those who need us most..the children….
See & Buy My Art 👩🎨 🎨 ❤️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- July 01, 2022 – Our First Pigeon at Our New Place Shows Up for Food, Atop Our New Ivy ScreenSheila and I’ve gotten to experience several 1st’s since moving into The LadyBird here in Austin, so it was specially nice when two 1st’s joined to make a memorable image through our window –
- June 30, 2022 – My Art and Prints on Special Sale At Primal Gallery 4th of July Weekend!Primal Gallery 4th of July sale! Including both my art work and posters 😊
- June 29, 2022 – Someone Very Glad to See Us Today!As per yesterday, still very exhausted feeling, but Sheila & I both beginning to also feel the move-fatigue to our new place is slowly being replaced by relief fatigue….
- June 28, 2022 – Record # of 100 Degree Days in June. Then it Rained….This evening ( Monday, June 27, 2022 ) here in Austin, we broke the all-time record for number of days 100 degrees or more – and – the clouds and rain and cooler air swept through and we dared open the blinds and step outside before 10 pm, lol!
- June 27, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Austin Poster” ( circa 2021 ) #AustinTexas #AustinPhotographyLast week my most viewed image on Fine Art America was an Austin sunset image ( circa 2017 ) and this week a recent 2021 early am summer shot, “Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Austin Poster” – an image I captured in the greenbelt on the Violet Crown trail 😊
- June 26, 2022 – Sending Me Memories : A Grandchild in #ParisI know that look, I know that stance, and I know that view 💕 Our youngest grandchild and his mom are spending a few days in Paris, and who can’t resist making a stop at the Louvre? I know Sheila and I couldn’t when we were there, lol!
- June 25, 2022 – Aging Gracefully : A Spot of Oasis in My Life From the Heat OutsideThough we again went out in the morning for chores, and held them down to groceries and some exercise, the heat finally got to me today.
Thanks again, everyone! 😊