Sheila and I hold up pretty good, eating well, exercising indoors, and continuing to transition to our new home in a 55+ community ( The Lady Bird ) making trips with delicate and other items til the movers come in for the big move next week 😊
But it’s a longer than need-be slog cause of the continuing heat here in Texas.
Don’t be fooled into thinking this is a temporary few days or even week long event.
We’ve been in the 90s since late April and nearly nearly all of May, and the 100s here just look to be increasing.
It’s disheartening to me for the media to – when one or two days are in the upper 90s, to harp on that it wasn’t “a hundred.” If no records are broken because a day here or there didn’t crest the century mark, my feeling is – “give me a much needed break” – from the hype, please!
Just admit it. We’re not just mass shooting ourselves to death ( #Uvalde, #BuffaloNY ), we’re baking ourselves into a different oblivion.
Then other folk, using the price of gas, divert attention from our planet-killing temperatures, ignore the oil leases not being activated, and ignore the changes being implemented by Biden and others to help transition us more quickly to more climate-friendly behavior.
It’s ironic. If it wasn’t so relentlessly and unremittingly too hot to live or function optimally, I’d probably be less focussed on the unnecessary suffering we are inflicting on ourselves, our children, our elderly – oh, that’s me and Sheila again, lol!
There’s not a LOT I can do. ‘Cept move to a newer construction apartment that’s also income adjusted. Eat well, and act sensibly when outside. And, of course – vote….
Stay well everyone!
As a lot of weather folks are saying our high temps aren’t record breaking anymore – they’re record shattering! Whew!
And when weather folks focus on how many or the # of days the temps hit 100 or more, it becomes an easy way to ignore all those 90s that are “way” above human-normal and, intentionally or unintentionally, make it seem the hard part, the hot-hot part, is “only” when it’s above 100.
No – 98 & 99 running day after day is NOT a good thing either, lol!
Which leads me to ask, and end with, finally 😊- is, since when did it become ok for “public” utilities to be huge profit makers? Yeah, I don’t know either ☺️ But this article, via Teen Vogue of all folks, https://www.teenvogue.com/story/public-utilities-energy-grid – has some interesting points about the value of public utilities being, well, publicly owned. To hammer the point, I’ll point out this article is nearly 3 years old, and not much has changed. Esp here in Texas.
Stay well everyone – stay cool ❤️
I support passage of The Voting Rights Act 🙏❤️😊Adan
Voting, in our democracy, is the purest form of expression.
Dissenting, affirming, protesting –
– all flow through the form of the ballot, not, the bullet…
Stay well everyone – for oneself, and for those who need us most..the children….
See & Buy My Art 👩🎨 🎨 ❤️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- January 01, 2023 – Happy New Year! : My Most Viewed Image the Last Week of 2022 @FineArtAmerica, Little Steps PosterA wonderfully fitting image as my most viewed this past week, the last week, of 2022 – Little Steps, my poster version ❤️ 🙏 ☺️
- December 18, 2022 – 1st Return Appearance Since Spring : My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, Blue with Gold Twilight – #PanoramaOcean waves of blue fill our skies and seas, cascading sighs and whispers of inspiration with each breath.
- December 11, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Austin Poster” ( circa 2021 ) #AustinTexas #AustinPhotographyMorning Light Poster also recently sold at the Old Bakery and Emporium 🙏😌
- December 03, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Costa Rica Sunset Panorama” : circa 2017I almost skipped even posting about it, but at 4x the views of the nearest most viewed of my images, I needed to drag myself out of my whatever-it-is recent posting stagnation, lol!
- November 21, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Dispatcher” : circa 2011I thought Dispatcher had once already been one of my most viewed of my work on Fine Art America, but I guess not! 😊 It’s been a popular poem, and with the holidays upon us, a great choice as a print or coffee mug ☕️ 🇺🇸
- November 13, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Cypress Creek Mid Afternoon Mid October” : Circa 2019Very unusual to have so many photos from my collection of images at Fine Art America show up among my 12 most viewed images there at FAA, and for so many showing up for the 1st time….
- November 08, 2022 – The Mid-Term Elections 2022 : This is It! If the Elections Are Important to You…VOTE!!!If the elections are important to you – vote! 😊🇺🇸🙏
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA, Pixels) – https://felipeadan-lerma.pixels.com/