Sheila and I hold up pretty good, eating well, exercising indoors, and continuing to transition to our new home in a 55+ community ( The Lady Bird ) making trips with delicate and other items til the movers come in for the big move next week 😊
But it’s a longer than need-be slog cause of the continuing heat here in Texas.
Don’t be fooled into thinking this is a temporary few days or even week long event.
We’ve been in the 90s since late April and nearly nearly all of May, and the 100s here just look to be increasing.
It’s disheartening to me for the media to – when one or two days are in the upper 90s, to harp on that it wasn’t “a hundred.” If no records are broken because a day here or there didn’t crest the century mark, my feeling is – “give me a much needed break” – from the hype, please!
Just admit it. We’re not just mass shooting ourselves to death ( #Uvalde, #BuffaloNY ), we’re baking ourselves into a different oblivion.
Then other folk, using the price of gas, divert attention from our planet-killing temperatures, ignore the oil leases not being activated, and ignore the changes being implemented by Biden and others to help transition us more quickly to more climate-friendly behavior.
It’s ironic. If it wasn’t so relentlessly and unremittingly too hot to live or function optimally, I’d probably be less focussed on the unnecessary suffering we are inflicting on ourselves, our children, our elderly – oh, that’s me and Sheila again, lol!
There’s not a LOT I can do. ‘Cept move to a newer construction apartment that’s also income adjusted. Eat well, and act sensibly when outside. And, of course – vote….
Stay well everyone!
As a lot of weather folks are saying our high temps aren’t record breaking anymore – they’re record shattering! Whew!
And when weather folks focus on how many or the # of days the temps hit 100 or more, it becomes an easy way to ignore all those 90s that are “way” above human-normal and, intentionally or unintentionally, make it seem the hard part, the hot-hot part, is “only” when it’s above 100.
No – 98 & 99 running day after day is NOT a good thing either, lol!
Which leads me to ask, and end with, finally 😊- is, since when did it become ok for “public” utilities to be huge profit makers? Yeah, I don’t know either ☺️ But this article, via Teen Vogue of all folks, https://www.teenvogue.com/story/public-utilities-energy-grid – has some interesting points about the value of public utilities being, well, publicly owned. To hammer the point, I’ll point out this article is nearly 3 years old, and not much has changed. Esp here in Texas.
Stay well everyone – stay cool ❤️
Voting, in our democracy, is the purest form of expression.
Dissenting, affirming, protesting –
– all flow through the form of the ballot, not, the bullet…
Stay well everyone – for oneself, and for those who need us most..the children….
See & Buy My Art 👩🎨 🎨 ❤️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- September 28, 2022 – Working Texture and Figures into Compositions I Like, Part 6 : Adding a 5th ( scumbled ) Layer to Danseur en Bleu ( formerly Dancing Turquoise )I don’t want to forget, souls and spirits that we may be, we are also of and from the Earth we stand upon ❤️
- September 27, 2022 – Now This Sounds Right : “Fed can avoid ‘deep pain’ in inflation fight, Bostic says”One of the fun things of being a lay-person in re to an esoteric topic, like the effect of Federal Reserve actions and statements about folks in my fiscal strata is – long as I’m upfront it’s my opinion – I can say how things appear from my socio-economic perspective.
- September 26, 2022 – Changes to My Blog – No Externally Generated Ads / Blogging As AbleI needed to regroup.
- September 25, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Walk Among the Wildflowers” : circa 2020I’m hoping to catch the deadline to submit it to a new-to-me Austin venue, Bee Caves Arts Foundation. Do wish me luck. It’d be a great add-on to its being my most viewed on Fine Art America this past week 😊🙏
- September 22, 2022 – Clean Energy, Part 5 – The Practical Problem, and, How #Solar Kept the Lights on After Fiona Left #PuertoRico in the DarkThe bulk of the info is a very fairly laid out presentation that a 90% of renewable energy is mostly doable and feasible. The only really debatable portion, and Dan presents pluses and minuses for each possible choice, is how to supply that last needed 10%.
- September 21, 2022 – Working Texture and Figures into Compositions I Like, Part 5 : Adding a 4th ( textured ) Layer to Danseur en Bleu ( formerly Dancing Turquoise )Much enhanced less subtle, but more vibrant, the current stage of development for Danseur en Bleu is nearing a finish.
- September 20, 2022 – A Beginner’s View : Inflation, the Economy, Climate, Clean Energy, Health etc, How Are They Related in Our Current Everyday Lives? – An On-Going Inquiry, Part 7 – #ClimateTweetsA selection of Tweets I’ve Retweeted about #Climate & related topics, both scary & hopeful 😊🙏
Thanks again, everyone! 😊