Nothing quite as telling that Sheila and I are deep into our move than a contrast look at my art room now ( above ) vs just 3 months ago, lol! 😊
I’m gonna miss my 1st ever north light experience for painting, but know it’ll be a great change for us overall! Plus I’ll still have my daylight lamp ( Brightech Litespan – Bright LED Floor Lamp ) I’ve had since Christmas 2018!
But I think what surprised me most looking at the before ( below ) and now ( above ) images, is – after I adjusted the heights of the middle 3 of the 5 steel shelves – how much I’ve discovered in just one year about what size shelves I need where, for when I’m actively painting.
Now I’ll have 2 easy to reach upper shelves for my tubs of mediums and pastes, plus their backups and occasional mixture-concoctions – I tend to keep and use my 16 & 32 oz plastic Golden containers of gels & mediums 🎨 👨🎨
And actually, seen in the lower right hand corner of my pic below, those tubs are all kinds of blends of left-over paints already in gel or molding paste mixtures, often with small dabs of similar color left-overs palette-knifed into one of the sides of the container.
Very handy & economical way to waste less paint!
Now, with the top shelves more appropriately spaced, I can shift some of those on the floor to eye-level shelving.
Our new location has so much light in most the apartment ( see living room pic below ), I may be able to re-shoot my file shots for some of my work and reload them to Fine Art America, and, maybe, even be inspired to create more new posters of my originals. That can be kinda fun too 🙏 ☺️
The steel shelving unit btw, we got from Amazon ( of course ) and I truly like it so much I’m showing its shopping page below, on Amazon, with my original purchase date notated 😊
From what Sheila and I’ve seen so far of our new 55+ community, The Lady Bird, we’ll be surrounded by like-minded able bodied seniors, yet literally steps away from Lady Bird Lake ( Google images link ) and the vast and various population of Austin enjoying the bike paths and lake nearby – a some what tamed river actually 😊
Thanks so much everyone! Stay well – please 💕
Voting, in our democracy, is the purest form of expression.
Dissenting, affirming, protesting –
– all flow through the form of the ballot, not, the bullet…
Stay well everyone – for oneself, and for those who need us most..the children….
See & Buy My Art 👩🎨 🎨 ❤️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- July 02, 2022 – #CrescentMoon at Sunset, Austin TexasI hoped, in yesterday’s post, I might be able to post this sunset off our balcony – a crescent moon floating above the sea of crimson orange air – and am so glad I could 🙏
- July 01, 2022 – Our First Pigeon at Our New Place Shows Up for Food, Atop Our New Ivy ScreenSheila and I’ve gotten to experience several 1st’s since moving into The LadyBird here in Austin, so it was specially nice when two 1st’s joined to make a memorable image through our window –
- June 30, 2022 – My Art and Prints on Special Sale At Primal Gallery 4th of July Weekend!Primal Gallery 4th of July sale! Including both my art work and posters 😊
- June 29, 2022 – Someone Very Glad to See Us Today!As per yesterday, still very exhausted feeling, but Sheila & I both beginning to also feel the move-fatigue to our new place is slowly being replaced by relief fatigue….
- June 28, 2022 – Record # of 100 Degree Days in June. Then it Rained….This evening ( Monday, June 27, 2022 ) here in Austin, we broke the all-time record for number of days 100 degrees or more – and – the clouds and rain and cooler air swept through and we dared open the blinds and step outside before 10 pm, lol!
- June 27, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Austin Poster” ( circa 2021 ) #AustinTexas #AustinPhotographyLast week my most viewed image on Fine Art America was an Austin sunset image ( circa 2017 ) and this week a recent 2021 early am summer shot, “Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Austin Poster” – an image I captured in the greenbelt on the Violet Crown trail 😊
- June 26, 2022 – Sending Me Memories : A Grandchild in #ParisI know that look, I know that stance, and I know that view 💕 Our youngest grandchild and his mom are spending a few days in Paris, and who can’t resist making a stop at the Louvre? I know Sheila and I couldn’t when we were there, lol!
Thanks again, everyone! 😊