The pic of my dad above, left side, looking down, lips pursed, touching his fingers together to help make the connections he needed inside himself, was before he left for several months-long journeys from Brownsville to Houston to secure work and a place for us to live.
Early 1950s. Roads were rough. One lane. Some folks didn’t make it back from trips like that back then. My mom only had me at the time, though by the time he made his journeys back and forth and felt he could carry us in his old car to a new home, I also had a baby brother.
He was fulfilling a promise both to himself and my mom, about life, the life they wanted together. I know this to be true because I know that look on my mom’s face – a trust in a pact of two hearts; and the love and confidence in my dad’s face, standing beside her, said that, yes, he would find a way for them. And us, their 6 children they brought forth in the years ahead.
Years later, in a picture I took during high school ( below ), with a camera a friend of mine sold to me for the ungodly sum of $25, I captured a promise kept.
Though, I still couldn’t understand their lack of excitement for the new 13 inch color TVs being promised by the next decade. Or 1 foot long cordless phones you could carry around with you in the house – long as you didn’t wander too far from the phone’s base….
Didn’t they understand anything about the future? 😊
Evidently they did understand something I didn’t yet about that impending sure future – or maybe I just took it for granted, from them – that that future would have to be grounded in an open-heart faith and iron will to persist….
Happy Father’s Day, dad.
Mom would remain proud of you & love you through her own last day 💕
Adan 🙏 💕
I support passage of The Voting Rights Act 🙏❤️😊Adan
Voting, in our democracy, is the purest form of expression.
Dissenting, affirming, protesting –
– all flow through the form of the ballot, not, the bullet…
Stay well everyone – for oneself, and for those who need us most..the children….
See & Buy My Art 👩🎨 🎨 ❤️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- January 01, 2023 – Happy New Year! : My Most Viewed Image the Last Week of 2022 @FineArtAmerica, Little Steps PosterA wonderfully fitting image as my most viewed this past week, the last week, of 2022 – Little Steps, my poster version ❤️ 🙏 ☺️
- December 18, 2022 – 1st Return Appearance Since Spring : My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, Blue with Gold Twilight – #PanoramaOcean waves of blue fill our skies and seas, cascading sighs and whispers of inspiration with each breath.
- December 11, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Austin Poster” ( circa 2021 ) #AustinTexas #AustinPhotographyMorning Light Poster also recently sold at the Old Bakery and Emporium 🙏😌
- December 03, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Costa Rica Sunset Panorama” : circa 2017I almost skipped even posting about it, but at 4x the views of the nearest most viewed of my images, I needed to drag myself out of my whatever-it-is recent posting stagnation, lol!
- November 21, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Dispatcher” : circa 2011I thought Dispatcher had once already been one of my most viewed of my work on Fine Art America, but I guess not! 😊 It’s been a popular poem, and with the holidays upon us, a great choice as a print or coffee mug ☕️ 🇺🇸
- November 13, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Cypress Creek Mid Afternoon Mid October” : Circa 2019Very unusual to have so many photos from my collection of images at Fine Art America show up among my 12 most viewed images there at FAA, and for so many showing up for the 1st time….
- November 08, 2022 – The Mid-Term Elections 2022 : This is It! If the Elections Are Important to You…VOTE!!!If the elections are important to you – vote! 😊🇺🇸🙏
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA, Pixels) – https://felipeadan-lerma.pixels.com/
What a lovely tribute to your father! I hope you had a wonderful Father’s Day, Adan!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Seemed extra nice, Tiffany! Hope ya’ll’s weekend went great too 😊 And, Sheila and I are settled into our new apt, though needing to sort and place things of course, lol!