It’s a minute to ten, past my bedtime for all practical purposes, lol! But had to get this short post out so ya’ll will know us 70+ year olds ( wife & I ) are – so far – successfully pacing through a 2nd month of all time record high temps here in Austin.
We exercise moderately, mostly 15 minute sets via Zoom & SilverSneakers, work on sorting and placing our “things” in our new-to-us ( actually we’re it’s 1st tenants! ) here at The LadyBird ( 55+ community ), eat great via Sheila’s wonderful veggie and other stuff ( seafood or grilled chicken etc ), walk early mornings, and – on alternate days – go out and do chores.
Like today we went to Lowe’s and checked out washer and dryers and, for me, a new LED daylight linear shop light to use in my art room. I’ll have a post on it soon w/a pic and how it looks to be really helpful with my art. The sales person at Lowe’s took the time to explain and show me the differing light intensities and temperatures. I chose a 3000 Lumens lamp that he said is similar to the light used in schools and even inside Lowe’s itself. Patient and helpful, with a good price for the unit to boot – I was almost as happy as Sheila is with the small plant we picked out. We wanted one we could put out on our balcony, but “everybody” said, nope, only plastic plants’ll live through this heat, lol! So this newbie ( pics soon ) will stay indoors til after summer 🪴
This morning ( Thursday ), as part of our walk we stopped at the pop-up coffee baristas of Afuga Coffee who are opening a full service indoor seating coffee shop the next block from our apt bldg later this summer. Considering how good our coffees and cookie were, yeah, we’re ready for them to open. Sheila had a cappuccino and I had an Americano. They smelled great, looked great, and yeah, delicious-delicious!!! 😊 ☕️
I feel like lately Sheila and I are the senior version of the 2 folks we were when we 1st met and were finding and establishing ourselves into new lives we hadn’t fully realized we were doing yet – discovering new places and new things to do and wanted to do as we discovered each other. I am hoping this new location, with its promise of being more stable, may just bring about a new settling and new fun stage in our lives for us 💕
Stay hopeful! It’s the promise to oneself of recognizing new things of value when we stumble upon them! ☺️
I support passage of The Voting Rights Act 🙏❤️😊Adan
Voting, in our democracy, is the purest form of expression.
Dissenting, affirming, protesting –
– all flow through the form of the ballot, not, the bullet…
Stay well everyone – for oneself, and for those who need us most..the children….
See & Buy My Art 👩🎨 🎨 ❤️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- January 01, 2023 – Happy New Year! : My Most Viewed Image the Last Week of 2022 @FineArtAmerica, Little Steps PosterA wonderfully fitting image as my most viewed this past week, the last week, of 2022 – Little Steps, my poster version ❤️ 🙏 ☺️
- December 18, 2022 – 1st Return Appearance Since Spring : My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, Blue with Gold Twilight – #PanoramaOcean waves of blue fill our skies and seas, cascading sighs and whispers of inspiration with each breath.
- December 11, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Austin Poster” ( circa 2021 ) #AustinTexas #AustinPhotographyMorning Light Poster also recently sold at the Old Bakery and Emporium 🙏😌
- December 03, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Costa Rica Sunset Panorama” : circa 2017I almost skipped even posting about it, but at 4x the views of the nearest most viewed of my images, I needed to drag myself out of my whatever-it-is recent posting stagnation, lol!
- November 21, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Dispatcher” : circa 2011I thought Dispatcher had once already been one of my most viewed of my work on Fine Art America, but I guess not! 😊 It’s been a popular poem, and with the holidays upon us, a great choice as a print or coffee mug ☕️ 🇺🇸
- November 13, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Cypress Creek Mid Afternoon Mid October” : Circa 2019Very unusual to have so many photos from my collection of images at Fine Art America show up among my 12 most viewed images there at FAA, and for so many showing up for the 1st time….
- November 08, 2022 – The Mid-Term Elections 2022 : This is It! If the Elections Are Important to You…VOTE!!!If the elections are important to you – vote! 😊🇺🇸🙏
Thanks again, everyone! 😊