It’s a minute to ten, past my bedtime for all practical purposes, lol! But had to get this short post out so ya’ll will know us 70+ year olds ( wife & I ) are – so far – successfully pacing through a 2nd month of all time record high temps here in Austin.
We exercise moderately, mostly 15 minute sets via Zoom & SilverSneakers, work on sorting and placing our “things” in our new-to-us ( actually we’re it’s 1st tenants! ) here at The LadyBird ( 55+ community ), eat great via Sheila’s wonderful veggie and other stuff ( seafood or grilled chicken etc ), walk early mornings, and – on alternate days – go out and do chores.
Like today we went to Lowe’s and checked out washer and dryers and, for me, a new LED daylight linear shop light to use in my art room. I’ll have a post on it soon w/a pic and how it looks to be really helpful with my art. The sales person at Lowe’s took the time to explain and show me the differing light intensities and temperatures. I chose a 3000 Lumens lamp that he said is similar to the light used in schools and even inside Lowe’s itself. Patient and helpful, with a good price for the unit to boot – I was almost as happy as Sheila is with the small plant we picked out. We wanted one we could put out on our balcony, but “everybody” said, nope, only plastic plants’ll live through this heat, lol! So this newbie ( pics soon ) will stay indoors til after summer 🪴
This morning ( Thursday ), as part of our walk we stopped at the pop-up coffee baristas of Afuga Coffee who are opening a full service indoor seating coffee shop the next block from our apt bldg later this summer. Considering how good our coffees and cookie were, yeah, we’re ready for them to open. Sheila had a cappuccino and I had an Americano. They smelled great, looked great, and yeah, delicious-delicious!!! 😊 ☕️
I feel like lately Sheila and I are the senior version of the 2 folks we were when we 1st met and were finding and establishing ourselves into new lives we hadn’t fully realized we were doing yet – discovering new places and new things to do and wanted to do as we discovered each other. I am hoping this new location, with its promise of being more stable, may just bring about a new settling and new fun stage in our lives for us 💕
Stay hopeful! It’s the promise to oneself of recognizing new things of value when we stumble upon them! ☺️
Voting, in our democracy, is the purest form of expression.
Dissenting, affirming, protesting –
– all flow through the form of the ballot, not, the bullet…
Stay well everyone – for oneself, and for those who need us most..the children….
See & Buy My Art 👩🎨 🎨 ❤️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- July 01, 2022 – Our First Pigeon at Our New Place Shows Up for Food, Atop Our New Ivy ScreenSheila and I’ve gotten to experience several 1st’s since moving into The LadyBird here in Austin, so it was specially nice when two 1st’s joined to make a memorable image through our window –
- June 30, 2022 – My Art and Prints on Special Sale At Primal Gallery 4th of July Weekend!Primal Gallery 4th of July sale! Including both my art work and posters 😊
- June 29, 2022 – Someone Very Glad to See Us Today!As per yesterday, still very exhausted feeling, but Sheila & I both beginning to also feel the move-fatigue to our new place is slowly being replaced by relief fatigue….
- June 28, 2022 – Record # of 100 Degree Days in June. Then it Rained….This evening ( Monday, June 27, 2022 ) here in Austin, we broke the all-time record for number of days 100 degrees or more – and – the clouds and rain and cooler air swept through and we dared open the blinds and step outside before 10 pm, lol!
- June 27, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Austin Poster” ( circa 2021 ) #AustinTexas #AustinPhotographyLast week my most viewed image on Fine Art America was an Austin sunset image ( circa 2017 ) and this week a recent 2021 early am summer shot, “Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Austin Poster” – an image I captured in the greenbelt on the Violet Crown trail 😊
- June 26, 2022 – Sending Me Memories : A Grandchild in #ParisI know that look, I know that stance, and I know that view 💕 Our youngest grandchild and his mom are spending a few days in Paris, and who can’t resist making a stop at the Louvre? I know Sheila and I couldn’t when we were there, lol!
- June 25, 2022 – Aging Gracefully : A Spot of Oasis in My Life From the Heat OutsideThough we again went out in the morning for chores, and held them down to groceries and some exercise, the heat finally got to me today.
Thanks again, everyone! 😊