Today I came closest to my full exercise schedule before our move to our new apartment, and yes, it wore me out, lol! But in a good way 😊
Still, it’s past 8:30 pm, and I almost didn’t get any painting in, but thankfully, did do a bit of in-lay texture dabbling ( not shown ).
I’ve basically found myself needing to stick to doing tiny portions of a work, things I could do in a sitting, and then do again with another work, not wanting to or feeling like yet spending the more in-depth time I need to work past the 1st in-lays.
That’s where I left off with “Dancing Turquoise” above.
It has a watercolor drawn figure, a heavy rough textured coat of Golden’s Light Molding Paste, and a wash mixture of watercolor paint mixed with Golden’s Extra Heavy Gel.
I’ve two more more or less like this also developed, and no true idea where or what I’ll end up with, nor how I’ll get there.
I keep telling myself I like that 😊
So how is this I’m doing now – textures / figures / abstraction – different from one of my already well-liked well-regarded, figures in abstract images – like “Walking in Light” below?
Bout the most I can tell you is, Walking in Light is a more faithful abstraction of a seen scene.
Dancing Turquoise is more nearly a creature adrift in abstraction.
Which is easier resolved with less figure, ie, a partial outline or such. Hopefully, tomorrow, I’ll show an example of what I mean via the last diptych I pulled off while at our old apartment.
I’m beginning to suspect I may need to create both styles of this art, a full figure and an outlined figure — both set among a sea of abstracted color and texture, which sounds really good to me, as an artist, but worries me as someone with an obvious shrinking time-horizon.
Certainly good reason to keeping aim on the idea of Aging Gracefully 😊 ❤️
Stay well everyone! Best way to do what you want to do 🙏
Voting, in our democracy, is the purest form of expression.
Dissenting, affirming, protesting –
– all flow through the form of the ballot, not, the bullet…
Stay well everyone – for oneself, and for those who need us most..the children….
See & Buy My Art 👩🎨 🎨 ❤️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- November 21, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Dispatcher” : circa 2011I thought Dispatcher had once already been one of my most viewed of my work on Fine Art America, but I guess not! 😊 It’s been a popular poem, and with the holidays upon us, a great choice as a print or coffee mug ☕️ 🇺🇸
- November 13, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Cypress Creek Mid Afternoon Mid October” : Circa 2019Very unusual to have so many photos from my collection of images at Fine Art America show up among my 12 most viewed images there at FAA, and for so many showing up for the 1st time….
- November 08, 2022 – The Mid-Term Elections 2022 : This is It! If the Elections Are Important to You…VOTE!!!If the elections are important to you – vote! 😊🇺🇸🙏
- November 06, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Arc de ( d’Nuit ) Triomphe Poster ” : Image Circa 2012, Poster 2017Once again one of my poster designs was my most viewed image from among my listings for prints and gifts on Fine Art America….
- October 30, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Volleyball Kill Poster” : circa 1994 ( writing ) / 2021 ( poster design )Another of my sayings / posters made it as my most viewed of my work on Fine Art America this past week, Volleyball Kill, which I wrote in the early 90s….
- October 24, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Danseur en Bleu” : circa 2022Quite an unexpected treat to see my newest painting, Danseur en Bleu, it’s 1st week on Fine Art America, be my most viewed of my images for the past week!
- October 23, 2022 – A Beginner’s View : Inflation, the Economy, Climate, Clean Energy, Health etc, How Are They Related in Our Current Everyday Lives? – An On-Going Inquiry, Part 9 – #Inflation and Our 2022 Mid-Term Election to Keep/Improve Our #Democracy…while true that any price guidelines / control can be a slippery slope, we also already know price gouging has easily done slipped-slid-and-sunk into its own quicksand of problems….
Thanks again, everyone! 😊