Today I came closest to my full exercise schedule before our move to our new apartment, and yes, it wore me out, lol! But in a good way 😊
Still, it’s past 8:30 pm, and I almost didn’t get any painting in, but thankfully, did do a bit of in-lay texture dabbling ( not shown ).
I’ve basically found myself needing to stick to doing tiny portions of a work, things I could do in a sitting, and then do again with another work, not wanting to or feeling like yet spending the more in-depth time I need to work past the 1st in-lays.
That’s where I left off with “Dancing Turquoise” above.
It has a watercolor drawn figure, a heavy rough textured coat of Golden’s Light Molding Paste, and a wash mixture of watercolor paint mixed with Golden’s Extra Heavy Gel.
I’ve two more more or less like this also developed, and no true idea where or what I’ll end up with, nor how I’ll get there.
I keep telling myself I like that 😊
So how is this I’m doing now – textures / figures / abstraction – different from one of my already well-liked well-regarded, figures in abstract images – like “Walking in Light” below?
Bout the most I can tell you is, Walking in Light is a more faithful abstraction of a seen scene.
Dancing Turquoise is more nearly a creature adrift in abstraction.
Which is easier resolved with less figure, ie, a partial outline or such. Hopefully, tomorrow, I’ll show an example of what I mean via the last diptych I pulled off while at our old apartment.
I’m beginning to suspect I may need to create both styles of this art, a full figure and an outlined figure — both set among a sea of abstracted color and texture, which sounds really good to me, as an artist, but worries me as someone with an obvious shrinking time-horizon.
Certainly good reason to keeping aim on the idea of Aging Gracefully 😊 ❤️
Stay well everyone! Best way to do what you want to do 🙏
Voting, in our democracy, is the purest form of expression.
Dissenting, affirming, protesting –
– all flow through the form of the ballot, not, the bullet…
Stay well everyone – for oneself, and for those who need us most..the children….
See & Buy My Art 👩🎨 🎨 ❤️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- August 12, 2022 – Texas TOD ( Tourist Orientated Designation ) Sign Go-Fund-Me for #PrimalGalleryDSExpanding on yesterday’s post, there’s a well-deserved much-needed Go Fund Me for a gallery I’m showing in – Primal Gallery! Joe the owner literally built his gallery from the ground up….
- August 11, 2022 – Aging Gracefully, Riding the Tide of a Busy DayHad wanted to write about a well-deserved much-needed Go Fund Me for a gallery I’m showing in ( Primal Gallery ), but….
- August 10, 2022 – A Beginner’s ( Layman’s ) View : Today’s #Inflation Report on #Food and #EnergyI came across several good articles, and felt The Hilll’s piece particularly well balanced and thoughtful, and, unlike as has been the case with many complex subjects, like the economy and climate and clean energy, not initially headline-presented in over-cheerily words.
- August 09, 2022 – Revisiting #FestivalBeachFoodForest with Max the 9-Year OldAnd while Max helped with some watering, I asked Karen about a bright berry cluster in a small tree the morning light was glowing on —
- August 08, 2022 – Bingo! At #TheLadyBird’s 55+ Residences #AustinTexasAfter a full day of live online SilverSneakers exercise classes, painting…and of course Sheila’s wonderful meals – Sheila and I, plus the 9 year old and his mom, had a good old-fashioned Bingo bash, lol! ❤️
- August 07, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week (again) @FineArtAmerica, “Walking in Light” : circa 2021Having reappeared last week as my most viewed image on Fine Art America last week – after also being most viewed late last year ( 2021 ) – “Walking in Light” has again surfaced as my most viewed this 1st week of August 2022!
- August 06, 2022 – Discovering / Exploring #FestivalBeachFoodForest with the 9-Year Old!!Sheila and I had heard there was to be a walk-through and intro to one of the garden areas near where we’ve recently relocated ( The LadyBird 55+ Austin Texas ) this Saturday ( today ) and we also happened to have the 9 year old overnight so… 😊
Thanks again, everyone! 😊