By a little after 8 this evening the temps had dropped a bit below 100 finally, and I got Sheila to model her new dress for me on the balcony! I told her the Fitbit on her wrist worked perfect with the whole effect! 😊 The privacy screen green ivy still has some of the ties I used to stretch the soft plastic leaves in place, but that’s okay too, lol! The little wicker bistro table and chairs have been with us since the very early 90s when we had our 1st house here in Austin, and it’s traveled to and from Galveston and Vermont for us 🙏 I love how the cut of the leaves cast light and shadow on the flooring. And setting it all off perfectly of course, is Sheila.
We had a good day, braving a late morning trip to both Kohl’s and Central Market. Rest of the time we hunkered down, taking walks along the long hallways inside our building at The LadyBird, and working the shades as the sun progressed from east to west. It’s still lingering along the far horizon as I write, but a faint duskiness is beginning to spread and soon it will be night.
Tomorrow, if we get going early enough, we’ll walk outside, maybe to Gati’s, a tiny ice cream shop a few blocks away we took the 9 year old to when we 1st moved here and have some breakfast treats ( muffins etc ) plus ( can’t help it! ) a bit of ice cream ☺️
Stay well everyone! Stay cool! Stay hopeful! 💕
Voting, in our democracy, is the purest form of expression.
Dissenting, affirming, protesting –
– all flow through the form of the ballot, not, the bullet…
Stay well everyone – for oneself, and for those who need us most..the children….
See & Buy My Art 👩🎨 🎨 ❤️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- August 11, 2022 – Aging Gracefully, Riding the Tide of a Busy DayHad wanted to write about a well-deserved much-needed Go Fund Me for a gallery I’m showing in ( Primal Gallery ), but….
- August 10, 2022 – A Beginner’s ( Layman’s ) View : Today’s #Inflation Report on #Food and #EnergyI came across several good articles, and felt The Hilll’s piece particularly well balanced and thoughtful, and, unlike as has been the case with many complex subjects, like the economy and climate and clean energy, not initially headline-presented in over-cheerily words.
- August 09, 2022 – Revisiting #FestivalBeachFoodForest with Max the 9-Year OldAnd while Max helped with some watering, I asked Karen about a bright berry cluster in a small tree the morning light was glowing on —
- August 08, 2022 – Bingo! At #TheLadyBird’s 55+ Residences #AustinTexasAfter a full day of live online SilverSneakers exercise classes, painting…and of course Sheila’s wonderful meals – Sheila and I, plus the 9 year old and his mom, had a good old-fashioned Bingo bash, lol! ❤️
- August 07, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week (again) @FineArtAmerica, “Walking in Light” : circa 2021Having reappeared last week as my most viewed image on Fine Art America last week – after also being most viewed late last year ( 2021 ) – “Walking in Light” has again surfaced as my most viewed this 1st week of August 2022!
- August 06, 2022 – Discovering / Exploring #FestivalBeachFoodForest with the 9-Year Old!!Sheila and I had heard there was to be a walk-through and intro to one of the garden areas near where we’ve recently relocated ( The LadyBird 55+ Austin Texas ) this Saturday ( today ) and we also happened to have the 9 year old overnight so… 😊
- August 05, 2022 – 2 Paintings Accepted for Juried Show at Inspired Minds Art Center, Buda Texas!!…the bigger news is I’ve had two paintings, “Fantasy Walk” and “Walking in Light” accepted for a juried show at Inspired Minds At Center, sponsored by Creative Arts Society, opening later this month!
Thanks again, everyone! 😊