Sheila and I had heard there was to be a walk-through and intro to one of the garden areas near where we’ve recently relocated ( The LadyBird 55+ Austin Texas / firstname.lastname@example.org ) this Saturday ( today ) and we also happened to have the 9 year old overnight ( here’s there behind the 2 ladies on a log ), so… 😊
Jenna and Karen, the two ladies pictured above, welcomed us ( and several others that arrived shortly after ) with several natural teas brewed from berries and/or leaves grown in the Food Forest, and showed us how they endeavor to naturally use the land to provide food from our Earth nearly year round!
We’ve only just now discovered this little patch near our apt isn’t just a part of the park, but a learning / teaching / experiential project about sustainability – so I plan to eventually have periodic updates on happenings and things we learn ❤️
Their website – https://festivalbeach.org/ – has tons of info, plus they’re also on —
Facebook : www.facebook.com/festivalbeach
Instagram : Instagram.com/austin_food_forest
What an incredible feeling it is knowing there’s projects like this here in Austin! It reminds me of the feeling I had when I discovered the Bark Ranger folks over by the Spyglass Greenbelt last year 💕
Stay well everyone! 🙏
ps – did I mention I got in a short painting session also today? my 1st 3rd-day-in-a-row putting touches onto a canvas since before our move beginning of summer 😊
Voting, in our democracy, is the purest form of expression.
Dissenting, affirming, protesting –
– all flow through the form of the ballot, not, the bullet…
Stay well everyone – for oneself, and for those who need us most..the children….
See & Buy My Art 👩🎨 🎨 ❤️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- September 26, 2022 – Changes to My Blog – No Externally Generated Ads / Blogging As AbleI needed to regroup.
- September 25, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Walk Among the Wildflowers” : circa 2020I’m hoping to catch the deadline to submit it to a new-to-me Austin venue, Bee Caves Arts Foundation. Do wish me luck. It’d be a great add-on to its being my most viewed on Fine Art America this past week 😊🙏
- September 22, 2022 – Clean Energy, Part 5 – The Practical Problem, and, How #Solar Kept the Lights on After Fiona Left #PuertoRico in the DarkThe bulk of the info is a very fairly laid out presentation that a 90% of renewable energy is mostly doable and feasible. The only really debatable portion, and Dan presents pluses and minuses for each possible choice, is how to supply that last needed 10%.
- September 21, 2022 – Working Texture and Figures into Compositions I Like, Part 5 : Adding a 4th ( textured ) Layer to Danseur en Bleu ( formerly Dancing Turquoise )Much enhanced less subtle, but more vibrant, the current stage of development for Danseur en Bleu is nearing a finish.
- September 20, 2022 – A Beginner’s View : Inflation, the Economy, Climate, Clean Energy, Health etc, How Are They Related in Our Current Everyday Lives? – An On-Going Inquiry, Part 7 – #ClimateTweetsA selection of Tweets I’ve Retweeted about #Climate & related topics, both scary & hopeful 😊🙏
- September 19, 2022 – Working Texture and Figures into Compositions I Like, Part 4 : Adding a 3rd ( pink ) Layer to Danseur en Bleu ( formerly Dancing Turquoise )I only painted a few minutes, ten or so, after mixing matte gel medium and a touch of acrylic rose, and I could only do it because I’m hopeful!
- September 18, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Time at the Musee d’Orsay ” : circa 2012Just a month ago Time at the Musee d’Orsay suddenly popped up as my most viewed, and here it is again! Maybe that means we’ll make it back to Paris eventually after all, lol!
Thanks again, everyone! 😊