Max (our 8 yr old grandson) and I got to do an mid-morning visit to the nearby Barton Creek Greenbelt this morning and there were all kinds of tweets awaiting us! 😊
Besides the 1st sunny early/mid-morning in over a week, there was still plenty of water waiting in the creek for us! And, there were “lots” of families and children – always a good sign ❤️ Light dappled on water and and woods and kids alike! Max even worked out a route and I was able to cross the creek for the 1st time in weeks – since the rains began over 2 weeks ago!
Plus – workers and volunteers with the City of Austin’s Bark Rangers were out in gentle but firm force, picking up errant owner’s pets’ poop and offering education material why leaving pets’ poop – bagged or al fresco – is so very harmful to the everyone’s water supply – especially in an area so water sensitive as Austin!
Though the lushness of the greenbelt was in full gleam, flush with plenty of moisture in the ground and even more plentiful sunshine, the patient very knowledgeable folks we met explained the incredible fragility of what we (my observation, of others & myself) far too often take for granted – our quality of life, and even our ability to live in locations.
There were quite a variety of folks making up the Bark Rangers, with Max seen mingling about 💕
I myself got a bit of needed schooling when I quipped that, at least some pet owners were leaving the poop in bags along the trail, even if for “someone else” to pick it up.
The young lady below explained —
Leaving pets’ poop in plastic bags along the trail is actually a double threat to being able continue a quality of life in Austin.
Because then there’s both feces and plastic being swept into the water we need to live here!!
Yeah, pretty obvious – and I should have known better, not made excuses for folks who packaged the poop, but didn’t carry it out with them….
Initially, I thought Bark Rangers was another of Austin’s cute ways of promoting things, but a Google search indicated this is a much wider effort. My search link is here –
It was a beautiful morning on the city’s premier greenbelt, and Bark Rangers is a big part of keep the Violet Crown Trail something we can not only all enjoy, but take comfort in the emotional and physical benefits it bestows on us ♥️
Keep your heart and your environment the way you’d want to live within ☺️
ps – couldn’t resist a pic of Max this morning, walking across the creek in his new waterproof hiking sandals 😊
My own 1st trek across the creek with water shoes (w/video) is at – https://felipeadanlerma.com/2021/06/08/june-08-2021-walking-in-barton-creek-with-my-new-waterproof-hiking-sandals-video-and-pics/ ☺️
link to shoes in above tweet 😊 – https://amzn.to/2U37esT
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for “dog care books” –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- September 27, 2022 – Now This Sounds Right : “Fed can avoid ‘deep pain’ in inflation fight, Bostic says”One of the fun things of being a lay-person in re to an esoteric topic, like the effect of Federal Reserve actions and statements about folks in my fiscal strata is – long as I’m upfront it’s my opinion – I can say how things appear from my socio-economic perspective.
- September 26, 2022 – Changes to My Blog – No Externally Generated Ads / Blogging As AbleI needed to regroup.
- September 25, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Walk Among the Wildflowers” : circa 2020I’m hoping to catch the deadline to submit it to a new-to-me Austin venue, Bee Caves Arts Foundation. Do wish me luck. It’d be a great add-on to its being my most viewed on Fine Art America this past week 😊🙏
- September 22, 2022 – Clean Energy, Part 5 – The Practical Problem, and, How #Solar Kept the Lights on After Fiona Left #PuertoRico in the DarkThe bulk of the info is a very fairly laid out presentation that a 90% of renewable energy is mostly doable and feasible. The only really debatable portion, and Dan presents pluses and minuses for each possible choice, is how to supply that last needed 10%.
- September 21, 2022 – Working Texture and Figures into Compositions I Like, Part 5 : Adding a 4th ( textured ) Layer to Danseur en Bleu ( formerly Dancing Turquoise )Much enhanced less subtle, but more vibrant, the current stage of development for Danseur en Bleu is nearing a finish.
- September 20, 2022 – A Beginner’s View : Inflation, the Economy, Climate, Clean Energy, Health etc, How Are They Related in Our Current Everyday Lives? – An On-Going Inquiry, Part 7 – #ClimateTweetsA selection of Tweets I’ve Retweeted about #Climate & related topics, both scary & hopeful 😊🙏
- September 19, 2022 – Working Texture and Figures into Compositions I Like, Part 4 : Adding a 3rd ( pink ) Layer to Danseur en Bleu ( formerly Dancing Turquoise )I only painted a few minutes, ten or so, after mixing matte gel medium and a touch of acrylic rose, and I could only do it because I’m hopeful!
Thanks again, everyone! 😊