Max (our 8 yr old grandson) and I got to do an mid-morning visit to the nearby Barton Creek Greenbelt this morning and there were all kinds of tweets awaiting us! 😊
Besides the 1st sunny early/mid-morning in over a week, there was still plenty of water waiting in the creek for us! And, there were “lots” of families and children – always a good sign ❤️ Light dappled on water and and woods and kids alike! Max even worked out a route and I was able to cross the creek for the 1st time in weeks – since the rains began over 2 weeks ago!
Plus – workers and volunteers with the City of Austin’s Bark Rangers were out in gentle but firm force, picking up errant owner’s pets’ poop and offering education material why leaving pets’ poop – bagged or al fresco – is so very harmful to the everyone’s water supply – especially in an area so water sensitive as Austin!
Though the lushness of the greenbelt was in full gleam, flush with plenty of moisture in the ground and even more plentiful sunshine, the patient very knowledgeable folks we met explained the incredible fragility of what we (my observation, of others & myself) far too often take for granted – our quality of life, and even our ability to live in locations.
There were quite a variety of folks making up the Bark Rangers, with Max seen mingling about 💕
I myself got a bit of needed schooling when I quipped that, at least some pet owners were leaving the poop in bags along the trail, even if for “someone else” to pick it up.
The young lady below explained —
Leaving pets’ poop in plastic bags along the trail is actually a double threat to being able continue a quality of life in Austin.
Because then there’s both feces and plastic being swept into the water we need to live here!!
Yeah, pretty obvious – and I should have known better, not made excuses for folks who packaged the poop, but didn’t carry it out with them….
Initially, I thought Bark Rangers was another of Austin’s cute ways of promoting things, but a Google search indicated this is a much wider effort. My search link is here –
It was a beautiful morning on the city’s premier greenbelt, and Bark Rangers is a big part of keep the Violet Crown Trail something we can not only all enjoy, but take comfort in the emotional and physical benefits it bestows on us ♥️
Keep your heart and your environment the way you’d want to live within ☺️
ps – couldn’t resist a pic of Max this morning, walking across the creek in his new waterproof hiking sandals 😊
My own 1st trek across the creek with water shoes (w/video) is at – https://felipeadanlerma.com/2021/06/08/june-08-2021-walking-in-barton-creek-with-my-new-waterproof-hiking-sandals-video-and-pics/ ☺️
link to shoes in above tweet 😊 – https://amzn.to/2U37esT
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for “dog care books” –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- January 01, 2023 – Happy New Year! : My Most Viewed Image the Last Week of 2022 @FineArtAmerica, Little Steps PosterA wonderfully fitting image as my most viewed this past week, the last week, of 2022 – Little Steps, my poster version ❤️ 🙏 ☺️
- December 18, 2022 – 1st Return Appearance Since Spring : My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, Blue with Gold Twilight – #PanoramaOcean waves of blue fill our skies and seas, cascading sighs and whispers of inspiration with each breath.
- December 11, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Austin Poster” ( circa 2021 ) #AustinTexas #AustinPhotographyMorning Light Poster also recently sold at the Old Bakery and Emporium 🙏😌
- December 03, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Costa Rica Sunset Panorama” : circa 2017I almost skipped even posting about it, but at 4x the views of the nearest most viewed of my images, I needed to drag myself out of my whatever-it-is recent posting stagnation, lol!
- November 21, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Dispatcher” : circa 2011I thought Dispatcher had once already been one of my most viewed of my work on Fine Art America, but I guess not! 😊 It’s been a popular poem, and with the holidays upon us, a great choice as a print or coffee mug ☕️ 🇺🇸
- November 13, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Cypress Creek Mid Afternoon Mid October” : Circa 2019Very unusual to have so many photos from my collection of images at Fine Art America show up among my 12 most viewed images there at FAA, and for so many showing up for the 1st time….
- November 08, 2022 – The Mid-Term Elections 2022 : This is It! If the Elections Are Important to You…VOTE!!!If the elections are important to you – vote! 😊🇺🇸🙏
Thanks again, everyone! 😊