So 1st thing I’ll say is, if the service or product is not essential in our contemporary world to live – at all, or healthily – then the seller can “probably” sell at what ever price she or he or they wish.
And while true that any price guidelines / control can be a slippery slope, we also already know price gouging has easily done slipped-slid-and-sunk into its own quicksand of problems ( price gouging after hurricanes etc; denying affordable insulin at affordable prices to the point of letting people die; needless wars, though yes, sadly, some are ).
Bottomline here is – as some of my recent posts show, before I even knew of Katie Porter’s recent chart about inflation causes, during a House of Representatives hearing – inflation is not primarily driven by workers’ wages, but – most recently, and predominantly – by a 70 year high spike in corporate pricing.
And one can’t really dismiss the effect Climate Change & the need for Clean Energy are having on food supply, clean water availability and the very air we need to breathe to live.
But one can’t have a 70 year record rate of corporate profit on top of all that headwind and not contribute to inflation.
Katie Porter bravely brought the data, and to their credit, numerous media outlets ran with it – here’s a sampling :
But there’s 47% other reasons for current inflation, including an imbalanced tax system, mostly skewed against those of us ( we’re all in this together ) with the least ,if any, discretionary income, passive or otherwise.
And then there’s simple supply and demand —
And there’ll always be a demand for healthy food, clean water, and energy to stay cool or warm.
And, with shortages due to climate change and pollution of our planet increasing with no trustworthy end in sight, #CleanEnergy is our most direct path to producing and correcting both those necessities.
It’s good to have folks like Katie Porter, and of course Bernie Sanders to remind us 😊
Stay well everyone! Stay hopeful!! ❤️ 🙏
My climate related posts – https://felipeadanlerma.com/?s=Climate
My inflation related posts – https://felipeadanlerma.com/category/inflation/
I support passage of The Voting Rights Act 🙏❤️😊Adan
Voting, in our democracy, is the purest form of expression.
Dissenting, affirming, protesting –
– all flow through the form of the ballot, not, the bullet…
Stay well everyone – for oneself, and for those who need us most..the children….
See & Buy My Art 👩🎨 🎨 ❤️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- January 01, 2023 – Happy New Year! : My Most Viewed Image the Last Week of 2022 @FineArtAmerica, Little Steps PosterA wonderfully fitting image as my most viewed this past week, the last week, of 2022 – Little Steps, my poster version ❤️ 🙏 ☺️
- December 18, 2022 – 1st Return Appearance Since Spring : My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, Blue with Gold Twilight – #PanoramaOcean waves of blue fill our skies and seas, cascading sighs and whispers of inspiration with each breath.
- December 11, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Austin Poster” ( circa 2021 ) #AustinTexas #AustinPhotographyMorning Light Poster also recently sold at the Old Bakery and Emporium 🙏😌
- December 03, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Costa Rica Sunset Panorama” : circa 2017I almost skipped even posting about it, but at 4x the views of the nearest most viewed of my images, I needed to drag myself out of my whatever-it-is recent posting stagnation, lol!
- November 21, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Dispatcher” : circa 2011I thought Dispatcher had once already been one of my most viewed of my work on Fine Art America, but I guess not! 😊 It’s been a popular poem, and with the holidays upon us, a great choice as a print or coffee mug ☕️ 🇺🇸
- November 13, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Cypress Creek Mid Afternoon Mid October” : Circa 2019Very unusual to have so many photos from my collection of images at Fine Art America show up among my 12 most viewed images there at FAA, and for so many showing up for the 1st time….
- November 08, 2022 – The Mid-Term Elections 2022 : This is It! If the Elections Are Important to You…VOTE!!!If the elections are important to you – vote! 😊🇺🇸🙏
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA, Pixels) – https://felipeadan-lerma.pixels.com/