Today is an extremely rare day – I have no idea what we may be up to, lol! Good thing today’s reading-review of Notan’s up & going!
We have so many things coming up tomorrow and Thursday, I think we may need a buffer day anyway, but we’ll see 😊
Sometimes just winding through a day is an adventure in itself ❤️
My highly anticipated warm mild day before the cold fronts arrived dissipated like steam from a stove through an adjacent open window 😊 It was enough, with a continuing stomach unease (though better than yesterday) to keep me home while Sheila went to SilverSneakers strength class at Gold’s Gym. We’d taken a short walk after breakfast (as per the excellent advice in WebMD’s quiz I recently reblogged), which’d helped my stomach, and which also showed up as mostly vigorous intensity (vs moderate or not at all), telling me my system was being taxed. Not a bad thing in itself, but a signal to be aware that usually lighter activity was triggering more exertion than usual. Those trackers, esp my Garmin, is useful in ways I hadn’t expected!
On an even more of a plus side of things, I did get to work on my reg post for today, which has grabbed hold of my attention since Sunday night. My reading-review (still reading, still evaluating 😊) of Notan, is proving to be a deep chest full of goodies for my creative curiosity and is having the pleasurable effect of engaging both my mind and my feelings. Nice! I’m sure enough of the value of this short book I’ve already added it to my Arts & Photography product page on Amazon!
Originally, today’s reg post on my ongoing review of the book Notan & its concepts, was to be a short quote, a short commentary, and see where it went from there (in terms of future updates on my readings).
Well, “where it went front there” was into a rapid engagement in me about comparing / contrasting a sample or two of my work against the ideas just in the forward, lol!
Definitely unexpected, but also definitely welcomed ❤️
Then, by 4, I was worn out, slept over two hours, and went for a wobbly-to-start but strong walk about the apt complex. The cool but mild evening had clusters of folks and kids and pets out chatting and running about. It was like a village in a lot of ways, some folks waving or nodding as I passed by, others giving or wanting to be to themselves or group already clustered an animated amongst themselves. It’s been a very long time since we’d lived in apartments, esp such a large meandering complex of bldgs, and I’ve really no idea what we’ll opt to do next summer. Play it by ear I guess, like we did this year, minus any more medical situations hopefully 😊
Evening, Sheila & I watched the Rookie, then The Durrells in Corfu, sadly ending their run this year – one of the best multi-generational shows set in another culture and surrounded by both the Ionian Sea and historical events leading to WWII. Masterpiece does a literally masterful production! 💕
Related Amazon Search & Products
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
My Purchase & Wish List On Amazon 😊
I do like to point out I pick my selections to showcase from my Amazon searches. May not always be the case, or wholly always the case, but for now, I prefer picking titles and book covers and gift items that just really appeal to me. There’s lots more to choose from, but only have so much room, lol! I hope you enjoy —
My Related Blog Posts
My Latest Blog Posts
- Neuroscience Says Listening to This Song Reduces Anxiety by Up to 65 Percent | Inc.com by Melanie CurtinThe group that created "Weightless", Marconi Union, did so in collaboration with sound therapists. Its carefully arranged harmonies, rhythms, and bass lines help slow a listener's heart rate, reduce blood pressure and lower levels of the stress hormone cortisol.
- My Yesterday in Pictures for, Dec 13-14, 2019 😊My Yesterday in Pictures – Dec 13-14, 2019 – Trip to Houston: Christmas Lights, My Mom
- My Yesterday in Pictures for, Dec 12, 2019 😊My Yesterday in Pictures – Dec 12, 2019 – Grandchildren & grandparents ❤️ My artist process – old starts becoming new paintings 👩🎤
- Pursuit of Perfection in the Arts by David J. Rogers“The virtuoso performance is the single most exciting and popular feature not only of drama but of any art, and the most thrilling feature of a virtuoso performance is not the possibility that the artist may fail. Rather, it is the spectacle of succeeding in an extraordinary way…”
- My Yesterday in Pictures for, Dec 11, 2019 😊My Yesterday in Pictures – Dec 11, 2019 – Creativity: My artist process / comparison 2003 vs 2019 – is it that much different?
- My Yesterday in Pictures for, Dec 10, 2019 😊My Yesterday in Pictures – Dec 10, 2019 – Varnishing, glazing, and delivery two paintings to Buda Mercantile Co., Buda Tx 😊
- Glazing with Acrylics, Oils and Watercolors / Just Paint via Stacy Brock & Golden Artist ColorsThe word “glaze” can have a very slightly different meaning whether you are painting with oils, acrylics or watercolor. In all three media, a glaze is a translucent layer of color applied on top of a base of other colors or an underpainting.
Thanks so much everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html