Is walking really the best medicine for your heart? How about your waistline? Your bones? Test your knowledge with this WebMD quiz and find out how to walk your way to better health.
— Read on www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/rm-quiz-benefits-walking
WebMD, as I noted in my post of several of my wife and mine’s fav fitness sites, is esp good with short interesting quizzes 😊
The questions are fairly basic but surprisingly comprehensive, surprising as can be seen by my score below, lol!
Sometimes I luck out and get 100%, but I don’t expect it. It’s hard to remember all the details of fitness research.
And I think it is very important to point out that, though personal experience is extremely important, basic research into the why’s and what’s is what gives us the general guidelines to apply our experiences to, ie, how many steps per day does what; how does pace of walking affect the predictive benefits; and much more.
Experience, and other related research, also says taking into acct what is an intense workout for oneself, what the normal target rate is for one’s age for moderate or a vigorous workout, are the stuff of paying attention to oneself with knowledge, and mirroring it against learned knowledge.
And it’s always fun (haha), esp as we age, to keep in mind that each day can be a little, or a lot, different 😊
It’s like being a kid again, and not quite always sure how mommy or daddy might react to any one thing we wanted to do, but now our body is our parent-guide! And, for me, with the help of my Garmin wrist tracker, more to the point than I really thought would be possible!
Hope you’ll visit the quiz, or search for others that may interest you – there’s tons! ❤️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- January 17, 2022 – Art Delivery to Cypress Grill Austin for a Creative Arts Society Rotating Member ShowingI’m happy to post I’m placing my 1st piece of art work at a Creative Arts Society member venue in over a year and a half!
- January 16, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, Fantasy Landscape – New 16×20 #LyricalAbstract #AcrylicPaintingFantasy Landscape is currently residing at the Old Bakery & Emporium in downtown Austin across from the Texas State Capital. It’s a super playful acrylic I didn’t realize would be “so much” a landscape as it turned out, lol! All part of the “discovery” process inside each artist, often call the landscape inside, probably in more senses than one, as Joan Mitchell has alluded to.
- January 15, 2022 – New 12×24 Inch #Acrylic Upload @FineArtAmerica – Blue Impressionist Abstract 1Third of my 3 uploaded acrylic color blocks, each 12×24 inches on gallery wrapped canvas, Blue gives me a triad of sorts, the other two paintings being red and yellow. A link to related blog posts is – https://felipeadanlerma.com/?s=Impressionist+abstract I’ve always like panoramas, even in my….
- January 14, 2022 – Painting + Capturing Photos of the Sides of 2 #ImpressionistAbstract Panoramas Accepted by Art for the People Gallery AustinA few posts ago I announced about my art audition for an upcoming show at Austin local gallery, Art for the People, and mentioned I’d had a couple of my Impressionist Abstract panoramas chosen! One, the red version, already had its sides painted, but the newer blue version didn’t, so I got to work right away. Like I tell folks who like hearing ’bout how I put these together, painting the sides almost always takes as long or longer than the painting! Why?
- January 13, 2022 – 2 New Works In-Progress : Good Conversation + Healthy Vines Happy Hearts – #AbstractPainting #LyricalAbstraction #TheAdjacentPossibleWasn’t sure what I wanted to paint this particular day, just really needed to 😊 I’ve been reading a creativity book, The Adjacent Possible; filled with good ideas, one of which emphasizes “just starting.” A concept the author calls zero to 1, which she explains is like this huge leap, from nothing, to something. She says it over and over, all different ways, and I understood it. First intellectually. Then emotionally. And today, physically.
- January 12, 2022 – Auditioned 3 Paintings at #ArtForThePeopleGallery, Snuck in 3 Unannounced Works, Got 4 of 6 Accepted!!!Well, I didn’t really “sneak” 3 additional works into my art audition at Art for the People Gallery here in Austin — but I did pack 3 extra pieces into my car & after they’d seen the 3 they’d asked to see, I asked them if they’d like to see some even newer work, basically blocks of color, with texture, that I had with me? And they said yes! The 3 they first asked to see….
- January 11, 2022 – Adan’s #ArtPoems / #PhotoPoems : Light is But Darkness Feeling…I’ve had a PhotoPoems / Photo Poems series of posts seems since near when I 1st started my blog, and was tempted to call this verse, for Angel, a PhotoPoem also. But even though I’ve a few posts tying poem and art work together, I don’t think that would be in the spirit of the thought behind the poems anymore. An art poem, I feel instinctively, is….