Is walking really the best medicine for your heart? How about your waistline? Your bones? Test your knowledge with this WebMD quiz and find out how to walk your way to better health.
— Read on www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/rm-quiz-benefits-walking
WebMD, as I noted in my post of several of my wife and mine’s fav fitness sites, is esp good with short interesting quizzes 😊
The questions are fairly basic but surprisingly comprehensive, surprising as can be seen by my score below, lol!
Sometimes I luck out and get 100%, but I don’t expect it. It’s hard to remember all the details of fitness research.
And I think it is very important to point out that, though personal experience is extremely important, basic research into the why’s and what’s is what gives us the general guidelines to apply our experiences to, ie, how many steps per day does what; how does pace of walking affect the predictive benefits; and much more.
Experience, and other related research, also says taking into acct what is an intense workout for oneself, what the normal target rate is for one’s age for moderate or a vigorous workout, are the stuff of paying attention to oneself with knowledge, and mirroring it against learned knowledge.
And it’s always fun (haha), esp as we age, to keep in mind that each day can be a little, or a lot, different 😊
It’s like being a kid again, and not quite always sure how mommy or daddy might react to any one thing we wanted to do, but now our body is our parent-guide! And, for me, with the help of my Garmin wrist tracker, more to the point than I really thought would be possible!
Hope you’ll visit the quiz, or search for others that may interest you – there’s tons! ❤️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- July 31, 2021 – Prepping a New 16×20 Acrylic, Working Title : Testing the WaterThe initial goal was to simply select and mark the area for my figure. Then I freely applied Golden’s light molding paste, leaving the selected area for my figure much more level, and forming the paste into potentially vegetative designs as inspiration and malleable ground meshed —
- July 30, 2021 – What a Difference a New Keyboard Makes : LENRICH iPad pro 12.9 case with keyboardThis is an older now discontinued keyboard, but one of the few still available for my IPad Pro 2nd generation model (current model is 5th generation I believe), but I’m impressed with it enough to post about it and (if all continues well) my renewed ease of use not having to use the onscreen keyboard for blog posts, emails etc – that’s a big deal for me, lol! 😊
- July 29, 2021 – Whew! Yesterday Was a Day of Plowing Through, lol!Above is a picture of me November 2019 (notice the weather is warm but hot, finally 😊) and I look just a bit worn out? I’d just climbed the 218 steps to top of Old Baldy near Wimberley Texas! That’s kinda how I felt yesterday, only without as nice a view, lol! I’ll just say that….
- July 28, 2021 – New 25×40 #Acrylic on Canvas In-Progress : Barton Springs Greenbelt Indian SummerA chore heat filled day where my keyboard evidently is deciding it’s had it, lol! Hopefully I finish this post 😊 Basically I started the groundwork for my newest painting, acrylic, wanting to settle on my composition before hand, unlike how I handled my just finished watercolor, same size, where I inserted my figure at the end.
- July 27, 2021 – 4 Weeks Running! My Most Viewed Image For the Week @FineArtAmerica, Summer is a Lady : #Watercolor on Paper #ContemporaryImpressionismI’m sure I’ve had images repeat as most viewed 4 times in a row, but I wasn’t paying as much attention to that as I try to nowadays 😊 Summer is a Lady continues to simmer atop my selection of photos and artwork and illustrated poetry ♥️
- July 26, 2021 – Where I Left Off Before Our Trip, New #Watercolor on Canvas Completed : Barton Springs Greenbelt Indian SummerI just took another look at my newly completed painting (above) to try for some settled sentiment I can include for my post, and I do have that – some settled sentiment. I’m still digesting and assimilating what this new work means to me. Though I know it’s incomplete, because I also know this work is more a conscious marker of where I want to head, and feel compelled to head toward, I do have a grasp enough to point out some things that are making themselves more known to me.
- July 25, 2021 – Where I Left Off Before Our Trip, New Watercolor on Canvas in-progress, Developing the Right Figure to AddAs you can tell from my top pic, my efforts to progress from my value study and digital studies below are not going great, lol! I take solace from several things —