Double-checked my review post of the French bio film, Renoir. A beautiful deceptively complex movement within the film of the many layers surrounding the seeming simplicity of Renoir’s art in his latter years 😊
Projected to be a little warmer today, with sunshine.
With that, not much to complain about going to Central Market for – initially, walnuts and fresh rolls of garlic sourdough bread – a list that’s grown to over a dozen items. But, ever so yumming-ly 💕
Time to change the clocks, again. Another time change. I don’t like them. I say keep the time at one or the other settings, and let us live our lives, lol!
Hopefully work some more on my old painting, In the Light. Spoke a little about this in a recent post. How I’m experimenting, well, trying to experiment, with enhancing a previously finished painting I’d like to be a little more – wish me luck! I’m documenting the changes, for better or worse 😊 Individually, each change is relatively subtle. As a whole, it should be a much more dynamic work. More importantly, dynamic in a way that says to me it really is better. So it’s a slow (re)work in progress, tiny touches, shadings, highlights.
Beyond that, hopefully see Sheila start to get better from a bad cough and congestion ♥️
Always a strange day after having the youngest grandchild w/us and seeing him off again w/his parents to do all those things so wonderful for his life there also. Wife & I can rest a bit more, but not sure it’s worth the trade-off of not having him around 😊
The same thing happened in July a few years back when we had the oldest girl’s 3 girls stay with us for a whole week! It was back when Sheila & I could still not only do the drive to Houston, but did two round trips, picking them up plus taking them back. But again, so worth those too short but wonderful memories. Could really feel their absence when we took them back home ❤️
And then there was our oldest granddaughter, who stayed with us many a day and night for many years, and also one day moved on to become a young lady. She since graduated from college and even spent a semester as an exchange student in Paris!
Part of the process. And who knows, maybe this last one, this time around, may linger with us even longer before growing his wings 💕
Related Amazon Search & Products
My Art & Photography Materials, Supplies & Instructions Idea Page
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
I do like to point out I pick my selections to showcase from my Amazon searches. May not always be the case, or wholly always the case, but for now, I prefer picking titles and book covers and gift items that just really appeal to me. There’s lots more to choose from, but only have so much room, lol! I hope you enjoy —
My Purchase & Wish List On Amazon 😊
My Related Blog Posts
My Latest Blog Posts
- July 31, 2021 – Prepping a New 16×20 Acrylic, Working Title : Testing the WaterThe initial goal was to simply select and mark the area for my figure. Then I freely applied Golden’s light molding paste, leaving the selected area for my figure much more level, and forming the paste into potentially vegetative designs as inspiration and malleable ground meshed —
- July 30, 2021 – What a Difference a New Keyboard Makes : LENRICH iPad pro 12.9 case with keyboardThis is an older now discontinued keyboard, but one of the few still available for my IPad Pro 2nd generation model (current model is 5th generation I believe), but I’m impressed with it enough to post about it and (if all continues well) my renewed ease of use not having to use the onscreen keyboard for blog posts, emails etc – that’s a big deal for me, lol! 😊
- July 29, 2021 – Whew! Yesterday Was a Day of Plowing Through, lol!Above is a picture of me November 2019 (notice the weather is warm but hot, finally 😊) and I look just a bit worn out? I’d just climbed the 218 steps to top of Old Baldy near Wimberley Texas! That’s kinda how I felt yesterday, only without as nice a view, lol! I’ll just say that….
- July 28, 2021 – New 25×40 #Acrylic on Canvas In-Progress : Barton Springs Greenbelt Indian SummerA chore heat filled day where my keyboard evidently is deciding it’s had it, lol! Hopefully I finish this post 😊 Basically I started the groundwork for my newest painting, acrylic, wanting to settle on my composition before hand, unlike how I handled my just finished watercolor, same size, where I inserted my figure at the end.
- July 27, 2021 – 4 Weeks Running! My Most Viewed Image For the Week @FineArtAmerica, Summer is a Lady : #Watercolor on Paper #ContemporaryImpressionismI’m sure I’ve had images repeat as most viewed 4 times in a row, but I wasn’t paying as much attention to that as I try to nowadays 😊 Summer is a Lady continues to simmer atop my selection of photos and artwork and illustrated poetry ♥️
- July 26, 2021 – Where I Left Off Before Our Trip, New #Watercolor on Canvas Completed : Barton Springs Greenbelt Indian SummerI just took another look at my newly completed painting (above) to try for some settled sentiment I can include for my post, and I do have that – some settled sentiment. I’m still digesting and assimilating what this new work means to me. Though I know it’s incomplete, because I also know this work is more a conscious marker of where I want to head, and feel compelled to head toward, I do have a grasp enough to point out some things that are making themselves more known to me.
- July 25, 2021 – Where I Left Off Before Our Trip, New Watercolor on Canvas in-progress, Developing the Right Figure to AddAs you can tell from my top pic, my efforts to progress from my value study and digital studies below are not going great, lol! I take solace from several things —
Thanks so much everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html