Up early, taking the six year old to school. We were going to go eat breakfast out, but I’ve become more & more finicky ‘bout what I eat as my taste buds return from who knows how many decades of acid reflux stunted enjoyment, lol! 😂
We’ll have breakfast at home, and I might go w/Sheila to Gold’s Gym and walk the track while she does SilverSneakers cardio. If I do go, I’ll also probably use a ball as I walk the laps. Yesterday I found a SilverSneakers post about doing just that as one walks as a really big deal! I was impressed, lol! I plan to reblog it this coming weekend.
The rest of the day? I did order the projector I wrote about recently, one I can project digital shots of my work onto a screen to “work” from, seeing if and how to enhance originals in progress. I’m also expecting a new pack of daylight bulbs to fit the ceiling fan light in my art room (already have a pack of reg daylight bulbs for lamps etc – amazing how they cheer a room up in winter! Yeah, as far as most of us seniors here in Austin are concerned, if it’s not 100+ degrees summer, it’s either a fluke, or winter 😊 No idea what tinkering it might take to get the projector going (I have an HDMI adapter already), plus the screen I got to go with it.
Should be interesting though, wish me luck!
Listened to (while on treadmill at apt clubhouse) Bruce Springsteen, for a 30 minute walk-set. Only 4 songs, but did play them all more than once, some more than others 😊 In order of my listening – I’m Goin’ Down, Dancing in the Dark, I’m on Fire, and Hungry Heart 💕
Probably because when I’m a treadmill I can’t amble, or mosey, or stop-take a picture-start again like when I’m out on a sidewalk, or pathways between apts, taking my time when I want and speeding up when I want, not as easily anyway. I can’t just think it and do it like when I’m walking outside! Gotta adjust the treadmill speed, maybe put a hand on one of the bars to balance while adjusting, all that, lol!
So maybe partly cause of all that, and partly my mood, I picked some of Bruce Springsteen’s songs to treadmill-walk by.
I can kinda say say I grew up listening to his music, but more accurately, it was a significant time in my life. I’d already really grown up, from Junior high on, listening to the Beatles, Stones. Hungry Heart was released the year I met Sheila, ‘80 – ‘nuf said ☺️ and it still brings an immediate pounding in my heart ❤️ The lyrics “kinda” mirrored my life then, if I romanticize myself enough, lol!
The other three songs of his were ‘84, and by then Sheila and I and our three kids (blended family) were in full gear. Kids were growing up, fast! I’d been painting steady since the late 70s and picked up doing malls and art shows and festivals and would for more than another decade – all while doing the Lone Star Drama, an 1800 seat outdoor amphitheatre, with the kids, at night, on the west end of Galveston.
His music mirrored our lives then, the energy and verve. Wikipedia has a good summary/history (see the 1984-91 section). MTV was hot. A young Courteney Cox jumped on stage (staged? we didn’t care either way 😊) to dance with him & his music. Our kids could walk to the seawall. Sheila and I had coffee nearly everyday at a coffee shop on the seawall, just blocks from where we lived. History rolled all around us, Lafitte the Pirate, Galvez the Spanish Explorer, hurricanes, salt and birds in the air — all that played in mind and heart as I walked on the treadmill listening to Bruce Springsteen’s music, the drive of the drums, wail of the sax, and of course, his voice ❤️
Music and memories fed my 1st 30 minute walking set since August 💕
My Yesterday in Pictures, w/pics of me in the fitness room 😊
Related Amazon Search & Products
My Art & Photography Materials, Supplies & Instructions Idea Page
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
I do like to point out I pick my selections to showcase from my Amazon searches. May not always be the case, or wholly always the case, but for now, I prefer picking titles and book covers and gift items that just really appeal to me. There’s lots more to choose from, but only have so much room, lol! I hope you enjoy —
My Purchase & Wish List On Amazon 😊
My Related Blog Posts
My Latest Blog Posts
- August 03, 2021 – Working a New 16×20 Acrylic, Working Title : Testing the Water, Refining the Figure, Developing the BackgroundI wanted to do more on this but things are happening re Covid, in my life. I’ll have more on this very soon – nothing w/me or family here in Austin (despite horrid #s lately), but nearby, also here in Texas. Wonderful how fluid and flexible art is, giving us challenges one day, inspiration on another, and solace even when needed.
- August 02, 2021 – Prepping a New 16×20 Acrylic, Working Title : Testing the Water, 1st Figure Lay-inI included my most recent updated image from a post a few days ago further below. Besides the figure work (not yet complete), you can see where I continued to rework the area around the figure, setting her off more completely.
- August 01, 2021 – Some Interruptions in Life are BlessingsJust back from an incredible trip to the Galapagos west of Ecuador, wife & I got the opportunity to have the youngest grandchild over. This is from our mid-morning walk in warm dappled light ❤️ I only wish I’d realized the value of this with our own children more fully…
- July 31, 2021 – Prepping a New 16×20 Acrylic, Working Title : Testing the WaterThe initial goal was to simply select and mark the area for my figure. Then I freely applied Golden’s light molding paste, leaving the selected area for my figure much more level, and forming the paste into potentially vegetative designs as inspiration and malleable ground meshed —
- July 30, 2021 – What a Difference a New Keyboard Makes : LENRICH iPad pro 12.9 case with keyboardThis is an older now discontinued keyboard, but one of the few still available for my IPad Pro 2nd generation model (current model is 5th generation I believe), but I’m impressed with it enough to post about it and (if all continues well) my renewed ease of use not having to use the onscreen keyboard for blog posts, emails etc – that’s a big deal for me, lol! 😊
- July 29, 2021 – Whew! Yesterday Was a Day of Plowing Through, lol!Above is a picture of me November 2019 (notice the weather is warm but hot, finally 😊) and I look just a bit worn out? I’d just climbed the 218 steps to top of Old Baldy near Wimberley Texas! That’s kinda how I felt yesterday, only without as nice a view, lol! I’ll just say that….
- July 28, 2021 – New 25×40 #Acrylic on Canvas In-Progress : Barton Springs Greenbelt Indian SummerA chore heat filled day where my keyboard evidently is deciding it’s had it, lol! Hopefully I finish this post 😊 Basically I started the groundwork for my newest painting, acrylic, wanting to settle on my composition before hand, unlike how I handled my just finished watercolor, same size, where I inserted my figure at the end.
Thanks so much everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html