After checking today’s SilverSneakers reblog about “carry” exercise, I have some fun morning chores laid out today — get a new belt for my now saggy pants (see the new My Yesterday in Pictures post) at one of Sheila’s many store-favs, Kohl’s 😊; then onto Michaels across the road to see if I can find a 1/4 inch mop brush I like. The one’s I have right now are way too big for my current needs, lol!
After that, home for a concentrated day of art related activity – set up my new projector, see ‘bout hooking up my iPhone to it, and trying out how clear the projected images show up; plus, have to prep an 80’s abstract for delivery to my 1st art venue with Creative Arts Society since about 2010 when we moved to Galveston, then Vermont, after Sheila & I both retired (and then went on to Paris for a bit).
This abstract is unfortunately on paper, and was framed a long time ago, lol! I need to take the red metal frame apart and clean both the glass and the mat of dust etc. In the “old” days I had a full framing table set up, but not anymore! But I’ll get it done. Delivery for hanging through the end of the year is Monday morning. I’ll be sure & do pictures and a post on that after 😊
It’s supposed to be a gorgeous sunny day in the 70s!
Gonna hold the weatherman to it! 😊
Listening to Stevie Nicks (circa ‘81) – Edge of Seventeen (live & recorded versions), Rhiannon, Stop Dragging My Heart Around (w/Tom Petty), Leather and Lace (w/Don Henley – Eagles) ; Mel Carter (Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me – ‘65) ; Those Magic Changes (Grease – ‘78)
Yesterday was a brutally satisfying day of chores, early rising, the grandson, exercising, grocery stores, weather, and art material deliveries via Amazon. But I want to carry on a tiny bit more about music, carrying forward from yesterday’s My Day Ahead post (with memories of listening to Bruce Springsteen ❤️ )
Music, evidently, links areas of the brain not normally lighting up together, has parallels to cursive writing, and may by-pass parts of the brain to help folks dealing with Parkinson’s Disease!
And of course, music crosses cultures and languages across vast ages.
I believe most if not all the arts do something similar.
Speak to all people – touch us deeply.
Whether the art is visual or audible or tactile, or combinations of any of our senses and imaginations, it touches us somehow.
A visual work of art sends light waves to our eyes that touch sensors that suggest through associations within us, feelings and memories, hopes and dreams, ideas and plans.
Each art form touches us distinctly and immediately.
It is our gift. It is our treasure.
It is us…. 💕
Related Amazon Search & Products
My Art & Photography Materials, Supplies & Instructions Idea Page
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
I do like to point out I pick my selections to showcase from my Amazon searches. May not always be the case, or wholly always the case, but for now, I prefer picking titles and book covers and gift items that just really appeal to me. There’s lots more to choose from, but only have so much room, lol! I hope you enjoy —
My Purchase & Wish List On Amazon 😊
My Related Blog Posts
My Latest Blog Posts
- December 03, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Costa Rica Sunset Panorama” : circa 2017I almost skipped even posting about it, but at 4x the views of the nearest most viewed of my images, I needed to drag myself out of my whatever-it-is recent posting stagnation, lol!
- November 21, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Dispatcher” : circa 2011I thought Dispatcher had once already been one of my most viewed of my work on Fine Art America, but I guess not! 😊 It’s been a popular poem, and with the holidays upon us, a great choice as a print or coffee mug ☕️ 🇺🇸
- November 13, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Cypress Creek Mid Afternoon Mid October” : Circa 2019Very unusual to have so many photos from my collection of images at Fine Art America show up among my 12 most viewed images there at FAA, and for so many showing up for the 1st time….
- November 08, 2022 – The Mid-Term Elections 2022 : This is It! If the Elections Are Important to You…VOTE!!!If the elections are important to you – vote! 😊🇺🇸🙏
- November 06, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Arc de ( d’Nuit ) Triomphe Poster ” : Image Circa 2012, Poster 2017Once again one of my poster designs was my most viewed image from among my listings for prints and gifts on Fine Art America….
- October 30, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Volleyball Kill Poster” : circa 1994 ( writing ) / 2021 ( poster design )Another of my sayings / posters made it as my most viewed of my work on Fine Art America this past week, Volleyball Kill, which I wrote in the early 90s….
- October 24, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Danseur en Bleu” : circa 2022Quite an unexpected treat to see my newest painting, Danseur en Bleu, it’s 1st week on Fine Art America, be my most viewed of my images for the past week!
Thanks so much everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html