Elementary schools (maybe all of them?) on two hour delay this morning cause of the cold and patches of possible ice on the roads. Not sure Austin even has more than one or two relatively small de-icers for the whole city (several million people metro). Winds still high though down from last night w/wind chill to the teens. Not terrible, kinda like when it’s the 90s up north, not ideal either, lol!
Plans for today? Stay home, work on my painting(s), upload images of two 80’s circa modern/abstract paintings I delivered for a Creative Arts Society (CAS) show at Urban Hair yesterday, and final prep of two 2000’s circa impressionist paintings to another CAS venue tomorrow morning at Cypress Grill (projected temp in mid-to-upper 20s 😊)
Have a couple of reg posts I’d like to do if time permits, one w/more pics of my CAS art delivery to Urban Hair, and one of my most viewed images on Fine Art America last week. The latter’s mostly done, just need to go into it & add links etc.
And maybe a little cold-weather down-time w/Sheila ❤️
Listening to Enya 😊
Long day yesterday split in two yesterday.
Spent 1/2, through 2 pm actually out and about taking Sheila to Gold’s Gym, delivering art, returning a projector to Amazon, going back to Gold’s Gym & actually getting a nice short track-walk w/light weight ball, eat a Veterans Day meal at Olive Garden, and picking up specials Sheila’d spotted at Walgreens.
Home I got hold of an Amazon rep & we talked about my projector experience.
Not their fault of course, but they corrected some return info &’ve already credited my $ back to my acct (subject to the items, screen & projector) arriving back to them of course.
This is the style and quality of service I’ve come to expect from Amazon.
To me, it’s amazing the history of brand names, companies, corporations, movie stars, authors, and – maybe most glaring – music stars 🌟
Whether it’s a change in technology or public whim or – some say,public mood – even if the talent remains the same, which it usually doesn’t, most nothing except “maybe” light being constant (and that in a vacuum), nothing remains on top, or peak efficiency, or popularity.
So what’s this all got to do w/Amazon?
Well, I sure don’t want the level of service, product availability, and pricing to go against my expectations, but I remember the 1st time I heard Bill Gates talk about the possibility of Apple finally catching Microsoft (remember those days? 😊) and being shocked he said he expected Apple to take dominance eventually. It was part of the cycle.
So again, lol, what’s this got to do w/Amazon?
Well, they seem to be able to change and re-invent themselves maybe a little better than most giant corporations.
And as Saturday Night Live pointed out in a skit recently, we pay a fee for Amazon Prime, and in return we get a lot of benefits – the music I listen to, books to read, super quick shipping, and – the king and queen combo that means a lot to me – great customer service!
The latter being what determines which stores we return to here in Austin, which places we’re willing to eat out at, and even where we live. We don’t own homes anymore, and even then, we found we had less recourse – and more responsibility – than when we don’t. Though I’ll grant, if I had enough $, maybe that wouldn’t be an issue either. I don’t expect I’ll be finding out the truth of that any time soon 😊
Related Amazon Search & Products
My Art & Photography Materials, Supplies & Instructions Idea Page
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
I do like to point out I pick my selections to showcase from my Amazon searches. May not always be the case, or wholly always the case, but for now, I prefer picking titles and book covers and gift items that just really appeal to me. There’s lots more to choose from, but only have so much room, lol! I hope you enjoy —
My Purchase & Wish List On Amazon 😊
My Related Blog Posts
My Latest Blog Posts
- August 04, 2021 – The Resurgence of COVID-19There’s few times life or death issues are so widespread they not only engulf those close to us, but nearly everyone one hears about – this is one of those times…KVUE news, whose images I’m using for this post, has an article title, “‘The choice now becomes vaccination or ventilator.’ 230 unvaccinated people hospitalized for COVID-19 in Austin in 2 weeks, versus 47 vaccinated.”
- August 03, 2021 – Working a New 16×20 Acrylic, Working Title : Testing the Water, Refining the Figure, Developing the BackgroundI wanted to do more on this but things are happening re Covid, in my life. I’ll have more on this very soon – nothing w/me or family here in Austin (despite horrid #s lately), but nearby, also here in Texas. Wonderful how fluid and flexible art is, giving us challenges one day, inspiration on another, and solace even when needed.
- August 02, 2021 – Prepping a New 16×20 Acrylic, Working Title : Testing the Water, 1st Figure Lay-inI included my most recent updated image from a post a few days ago further below. Besides the figure work (not yet complete), you can see where I continued to rework the area around the figure, setting her off more completely.
- August 01, 2021 – Some Interruptions in Life are BlessingsJust back from an incredible trip to the Galapagos west of Ecuador, wife & I got the opportunity to have the youngest grandchild over. This is from our mid-morning walk in warm dappled light ❤️ I only wish I’d realized the value of this with our own children more fully…
- July 31, 2021 – Prepping a New 16×20 Acrylic, Working Title : Testing the WaterThe initial goal was to simply select and mark the area for my figure. Then I freely applied Golden’s light molding paste, leaving the selected area for my figure much more level, and forming the paste into potentially vegetative designs as inspiration and malleable ground meshed —
- July 30, 2021 – What a Difference a New Keyboard Makes : LENRICH iPad pro 12.9 case with keyboardThis is an older now discontinued keyboard, but one of the few still available for my IPad Pro 2nd generation model (current model is 5th generation I believe), but I’m impressed with it enough to post about it and (if all continues well) my renewed ease of use not having to use the onscreen keyboard for blog posts, emails etc – that’s a big deal for me, lol! 😊
- July 29, 2021 – Whew! Yesterday Was a Day of Plowing Through, lol!Above is a picture of me November 2019 (notice the weather is warm but hot, finally 😊) and I look just a bit worn out? I’d just climbed the 218 steps to top of Old Baldy near Wimberley Texas! That’s kinda how I felt yesterday, only without as nice a view, lol! I’ll just say that….
Thanks so much everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html