Elementary schools (maybe all of them?) on two hour delay this morning cause of the cold and patches of possible ice on the roads. Not sure Austin even has more than one or two relatively small de-icers for the whole city (several million people metro). Winds still high though down from last night w/wind chill to the teens. Not terrible, kinda like when it’s the 90s up north, not ideal either, lol!
Plans for today? Stay home, work on my painting(s), upload images of two 80’s circa modern/abstract paintings I delivered for a Creative Arts Society (CAS) show at Urban Hair yesterday, and final prep of two 2000’s circa impressionist paintings to another CAS venue tomorrow morning at Cypress Grill (projected temp in mid-to-upper 20s 😊)
Have a couple of reg posts I’d like to do if time permits, one w/more pics of my CAS art delivery to Urban Hair, and one of my most viewed images on Fine Art America last week. The latter’s mostly done, just need to go into it & add links etc.
And maybe a little cold-weather down-time w/Sheila ❤️
Listening to Enya 😊
Long day yesterday split in two yesterday.
Spent 1/2, through 2 pm actually out and about taking Sheila to Gold’s Gym, delivering art, returning a projector to Amazon, going back to Gold’s Gym & actually getting a nice short track-walk w/light weight ball, eat a Veterans Day meal at Olive Garden, and picking up specials Sheila’d spotted at Walgreens.
Home I got hold of an Amazon rep & we talked about my projector experience.
Not their fault of course, but they corrected some return info &’ve already credited my $ back to my acct (subject to the items, screen & projector) arriving back to them of course.
This is the style and quality of service I’ve come to expect from Amazon.
To me, it’s amazing the history of brand names, companies, corporations, movie stars, authors, and – maybe most glaring – music stars 🌟
Whether it’s a change in technology or public whim or – some say,public mood – even if the talent remains the same, which it usually doesn’t, most nothing except “maybe” light being constant (and that in a vacuum), nothing remains on top, or peak efficiency, or popularity.
So what’s this all got to do w/Amazon?
Well, I sure don’t want the level of service, product availability, and pricing to go against my expectations, but I remember the 1st time I heard Bill Gates talk about the possibility of Apple finally catching Microsoft (remember those days? 😊) and being shocked he said he expected Apple to take dominance eventually. It was part of the cycle.
So again, lol, what’s this got to do w/Amazon?
Well, they seem to be able to change and re-invent themselves maybe a little better than most giant corporations.
And as Saturday Night Live pointed out in a skit recently, we pay a fee for Amazon Prime, and in return we get a lot of benefits – the music I listen to, books to read, super quick shipping, and – the king and queen combo that means a lot to me – great customer service!
The latter being what determines which stores we return to here in Austin, which places we’re willing to eat out at, and even where we live. We don’t own homes anymore, and even then, we found we had less recourse – and more responsibility – than when we don’t. Though I’ll grant, if I had enough $, maybe that wouldn’t be an issue either. I don’t expect I’ll be finding out the truth of that any time soon 😊
Related Amazon Search & Products
My Art & Photography Materials, Supplies & Instructions Idea Page
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
I do like to point out I pick my selections to showcase from my Amazon searches. May not always be the case, or wholly always the case, but for now, I prefer picking titles and book covers and gift items that just really appeal to me. There’s lots more to choose from, but only have so much room, lol! I hope you enjoy —
My Purchase & Wish List On Amazon 😊
My Related Blog Posts
My Latest Blog Posts
- How Colors Can Affect You via WebMD 🎨 🌈 ❤️“Our vibrant world is filled with colors, and they may affect you more than you realize. They can change your mood and your behavior, maybe even your diet and who you find attractive. Before you redecorate, get dressed, or serve your next meal, it might be good to keep that in mind.”
- My Yesterday in Pictures for, Dec 07, 2019 😊My Yesterday in Pictures – Dec 07, 2019 – Another long but also good day: Walking totals, My painting process w/acrylics & oils, Grandchildren w/grandparents, evening walk image
- My Yesterday in Pictures for, Dec 06, 2019 😊My Yesterday in Pictures – Dec 06, 2019 – A long good day: Walking, Creative Arts Society, Orange Co-working, Grandchildren w/grandparents, Zilker Botanical Gardens, Art Reception at Old Bakery & Emporium
- Sequoia in the Fall via Cindy KnokeThe forest in late fall, is emptied of people, full of magical colors, still and expectant. Winter is coming! Cheers to you from Sequoia in the fall~
- My Yesterday in Pictures for, Dec 05, 2019 😊My Yesterday in Pictures – Dec 05, 2019 – Walking in South Austin; my painting process 😊
- Woman in Moonlight circa 2019 ❤️ Adan’s PhotoPoems 💕PhotoPoem sayings 💕 Woman in Moonlight circa 2019
- My Yesterday in Pictures for, Dec 04, 2019 😊My Yesterday in Pictures – Old Bakery & Emporium – Dec 04, 2019
Thanks so much everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html