Elementary schools (maybe all of them?) on two hour delay this morning cause of the cold and patches of possible ice on the roads. Not sure Austin even has more than one or two relatively small de-icers for the whole city (several million people metro). Winds still high though down from last night w/wind chill to the teens. Not terrible, kinda like when it’s the 90s up north, not ideal either, lol!
Plans for today? Stay home, work on my painting(s), upload images of two 80’s circa modern/abstract paintings I delivered for a Creative Arts Society (CAS) show at Urban Hair yesterday, and final prep of two 2000’s circa impressionist paintings to another CAS venue tomorrow morning at Cypress Grill (projected temp in mid-to-upper 20s 😊)
Have a couple of reg posts I’d like to do if time permits, one w/more pics of my CAS art delivery to Urban Hair, and one of my most viewed images on Fine Art America last week. The latter’s mostly done, just need to go into it & add links etc.
And maybe a little cold-weather down-time w/Sheila ❤️
Listening to Enya 😊
Long day yesterday split in two yesterday.
Spent 1/2, through 2 pm actually out and about taking Sheila to Gold’s Gym, delivering art, returning a projector to Amazon, going back to Gold’s Gym & actually getting a nice short track-walk w/light weight ball, eat a Veterans Day meal at Olive Garden, and picking up specials Sheila’d spotted at Walgreens.
Home I got hold of an Amazon rep & we talked about my projector experience.
Not their fault of course, but they corrected some return info &’ve already credited my $ back to my acct (subject to the items, screen & projector) arriving back to them of course.
This is the style and quality of service I’ve come to expect from Amazon.
To me, it’s amazing the history of brand names, companies, corporations, movie stars, authors, and – maybe most glaring – music stars 🌟
Whether it’s a change in technology or public whim or – some say,public mood – even if the talent remains the same, which it usually doesn’t, most nothing except “maybe” light being constant (and that in a vacuum), nothing remains on top, or peak efficiency, or popularity.
So what’s this all got to do w/Amazon?
Well, I sure don’t want the level of service, product availability, and pricing to go against my expectations, but I remember the 1st time I heard Bill Gates talk about the possibility of Apple finally catching Microsoft (remember those days? 😊) and being shocked he said he expected Apple to take dominance eventually. It was part of the cycle.
So again, lol, what’s this got to do w/Amazon?
Well, they seem to be able to change and re-invent themselves maybe a little better than most giant corporations.
And as Saturday Night Live pointed out in a skit recently, we pay a fee for Amazon Prime, and in return we get a lot of benefits – the music I listen to, books to read, super quick shipping, and – the king and queen combo that means a lot to me – great customer service!
The latter being what determines which stores we return to here in Austin, which places we’re willing to eat out at, and even where we live. We don’t own homes anymore, and even then, we found we had less recourse – and more responsibility – than when we don’t. Though I’ll grant, if I had enough $, maybe that wouldn’t be an issue either. I don’t expect I’ll be finding out the truth of that any time soon 😊
Related Amazon Search & Products
My Art & Photography Materials, Supplies & Instructions Idea Page
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
I do like to point out I pick my selections to showcase from my Amazon searches. May not always be the case, or wholly always the case, but for now, I prefer picking titles and book covers and gift items that just really appeal to me. There’s lots more to choose from, but only have so much room, lol! I hope you enjoy —
My Purchase & Wish List On Amazon 😊
My Related Blog Posts
My Latest Blog Posts
- Aging Through Covid-19, April 02, 2020With a skipped day in-between, both wife and I and the 7 year old were pretty ready for a little FaceTime together, lol! He tried on superhero costumes for us and we asked him if he could resume reading his graphic novel-comic, Dog Man, with us —
- Aging Through Covid-19, April 01, 2020Line to the register had the now familiar blue tape line social distancing markers for the mandate Austin put in weeks ago – back way back, early March, when SXSW was cancelled amid mixed (but now grateful) reviews. And, no one in line! Lucky us – by the time we were barely half way checked out we had 3+ people waiting behind us at the various blue strips of tape.
- Aging Through Covid-19, March 31, 2020My walking, which was beginning to suffer because of pain in my legs, esp at night, has been incredibly helped by some simple shin splits stretches. The hardest part is holding the stretch for 30 seconds, lol!
- Aging Through Covid-19, March 30, 2020Though generally healthy, but in the target age group for most vulnerable, Sheila and I had early on began practicing social distancing. We also ate well, better even. More veggies. More sleep – can’t tell you what a blessing that’s been for me, lol! 😊
- New SilverSneakers Exercise Streaming Opportunity on Facebook Monday 03.23.20 10:30 CSTI’m glad SilverSneakers has already added/scheduled a followup to this week’s initial live class stream – very much looking forward to it! 💕
- Update / Review : SilverSneakers Exercise Streaming Opportunity on Facebook Thursday 03.19.20Jenny, the instructor, carried all the energy and humor and relatedness that can only be found in a live class, and only surpassed by a live class of the same caliber teacher but with equally real time feedback to the participants in the class.
- SilverSneakers Exercise Streaming Opportunity on Facebook Thursday 03.19.20At a time when so many resources are being curtailed, and much needed other health resources are just beginning to be provided, it’s good, and very welcome, that such a solid standby for seniors as SilverSneakers is providing this.
Thanks so much everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html