Elementary schools (maybe all of them?) on two hour delay this morning cause of the cold and patches of possible ice on the roads. Not sure Austin even has more than one or two relatively small de-icers for the whole city (several million people metro). Winds still high though down from last night w/wind chill to the teens. Not terrible, kinda like when it’s the 90s up north, not ideal either, lol!
Plans for today? Stay home, work on my painting(s), upload images of two 80’s circa modern/abstract paintings I delivered for a Creative Arts Society (CAS) show at Urban Hair yesterday, and final prep of two 2000’s circa impressionist paintings to another CAS venue tomorrow morning at Cypress Grill (projected temp in mid-to-upper 20s 😊)
Have a couple of reg posts I’d like to do if time permits, one w/more pics of my CAS art delivery to Urban Hair, and one of my most viewed images on Fine Art America last week. The latter’s mostly done, just need to go into it & add links etc.
And maybe a little cold-weather down-time w/Sheila ❤️
Listening to Enya 😊
Long day yesterday split in two yesterday.
Spent 1/2, through 2 pm actually out and about taking Sheila to Gold’s Gym, delivering art, returning a projector to Amazon, going back to Gold’s Gym & actually getting a nice short track-walk w/light weight ball, eat a Veterans Day meal at Olive Garden, and picking up specials Sheila’d spotted at Walgreens.
Home I got hold of an Amazon rep & we talked about my projector experience.
Not their fault of course, but they corrected some return info &’ve already credited my $ back to my acct (subject to the items, screen & projector) arriving back to them of course.
This is the style and quality of service I’ve come to expect from Amazon.
To me, it’s amazing the history of brand names, companies, corporations, movie stars, authors, and – maybe most glaring – music stars 🌟
Whether it’s a change in technology or public whim or – some say,public mood – even if the talent remains the same, which it usually doesn’t, most nothing except “maybe” light being constant (and that in a vacuum), nothing remains on top, or peak efficiency, or popularity.
So what’s this all got to do w/Amazon?
Well, I sure don’t want the level of service, product availability, and pricing to go against my expectations, but I remember the 1st time I heard Bill Gates talk about the possibility of Apple finally catching Microsoft (remember those days? 😊) and being shocked he said he expected Apple to take dominance eventually. It was part of the cycle.
So again, lol, what’s this got to do w/Amazon?
Well, they seem to be able to change and re-invent themselves maybe a little better than most giant corporations.
And as Saturday Night Live pointed out in a skit recently, we pay a fee for Amazon Prime, and in return we get a lot of benefits – the music I listen to, books to read, super quick shipping, and – the king and queen combo that means a lot to me – great customer service!
The latter being what determines which stores we return to here in Austin, which places we’re willing to eat out at, and even where we live. We don’t own homes anymore, and even then, we found we had less recourse – and more responsibility – than when we don’t. Though I’ll grant, if I had enough $, maybe that wouldn’t be an issue either. I don’t expect I’ll be finding out the truth of that any time soon 😊
Related Amazon Search & Products
My Art & Photography Materials, Supplies & Instructions Idea Page
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
I do like to point out I pick my selections to showcase from my Amazon searches. May not always be the case, or wholly always the case, but for now, I prefer picking titles and book covers and gift items that just really appeal to me. There’s lots more to choose from, but only have so much room, lol! I hope you enjoy —
My Purchase & Wish List On Amazon 😊
My Related Blog Posts
My Latest Blog Posts
- December 03, 2021 – I Am Tired, But I Am Happy; I’ve Been Painting, A Lot!The above pic contrasts below with this earlier pic shot shot in November —
- December 02, 2021 – My Minimalist Art Experiment, “Abstract Minimalism 1 (in-progress) Part 2, Major ShiftThe large blue area (which I loved) had to be muted (or change the other orange/red areas). Blue bottom areas were also muted. The white/yellow glaze over the blue area tinting it into green. But, do I want to do more? Do I need to do more?
- December 01, 2021 – My Minimalist Art Experiment, “Abstract Minimalism 1 (in-progress) Part 1, a BeginningA funny thing happened on my way to my newest attempt to correctly ( ie, satisfyingly ) extrapolate a detail shot ( variations of which I’m calling, “Approach” ) of one of my paintings (Autumn Passage) — — during the 2nd lay-in, after applying Light Molding Paste over the canvas, I ended up, when I’d see it from a distance, ie through a door from another room, very much liking its basic look; enough so I decided to try and enhance the current stage of the painting, yet, keep it’s basic minimalism intact 😊
- November 30, 2021 – My Idea for Promoting My WordPress Blog Posts on Twitter (With My Pinned Tweet), Part 4And so far, I’m very pleased with how it’s working. It’s saving me a bit of time, yet also keeping tweets going out promoting my more recent posts. I could probably do with slightly more frequently….
- November 29, 2021 – Fine Art America News : “Easy Morning” and “Walking in Light” Featured in Art Groups + Sold a “If Dads Were” Coffee CupBoth figures in the painting above and below are watercolors, though, Easy Morning is all watercolor on absorbent ground. Walking in Light’s paint, around the figure below, is acrylic; both the watercolor figure and remainder of my painting done on Golden’s Light Molding Paste. Golden has evidently been at improving acrylics a long time, as I learned in this post (with links to Golden’s article), and I can say that for me, working on their molding paste, in watercolor and acrylic, is a real treat!
- November 28, 2021 – My Most Viewed Image This Past Week @FineArtAmerica, Heart FragmentIf it was an amazing process to see older photos and artwork show up on my most viewed list last week (and it was 😊) then this batch is incredible! Work from so many years have shown up, and such a variety! It tells me, one can never quite tell what folks might be looking for day to day, week to week, and it’s nice for me to have the inventory assortment, “almost” a historical diary, of my work
- November 27, 2021 – LOL! I Don’t Like It, But I WANT It! : Preparing More Paintings and Applications for Places to Show and Sell!!I squashed together what I could to show a “fair” sampling of my work recently finished or in-progress right now. There’s more, tucked here and there among these, lol! And on another wall! I choose to consider that a good problem 😊 Seeing these together like tis, If I had to choose one thing tying them all together – the impressionist skews, the abstracted slants, the washes, the thick tones, the high key and (nearly) BW work – I’d say it’s….
Thanks so much everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html