Didn’t want anyone to think I’d gone & missed my 2nd time posting in my Day Ahead Series (I’m sure it’ll happen yet, lol!) – no, today’s been a day of making choices. Been up over 4 hours already & the sun is out and shining and warm and wonderful – very unsummer like 😂 yay! Sheila has a long morning w/PT, SilverSneakers cardio class at Gold’s Gym, and some store after, I forget which 😊 so I made breakfast, then went for a wonderful walk this morning 1st time in too long. The air was soft, the coolness (in the 30s) felt better than the low 40s yesterday w/wind and wet! Picked up a morning coffee at the clubhouse and headed back.
Today I’m evaluating where I’m at w/my painting, In the Light. It’s also featured in Thursday’s My Yesterday in Pictures, with both a full view & a higher resolution detail shot, though the image wasn’t captured in light like today. Not yet anyway 😊
I also want to start re-do’s and re-evaluations of two older paintings, much like I’ve done w/In the Light. One is from earlier this year, and one is from the early 2000s. I need, or should say, want to study them. Understand where I was creatively at the times I created them, and ask myself if I’m willing to let them sit as-is, or play with them a bit.
The early 2000s painting is larger and trickier, as it has multiple texture areas.
I’ll also be getting some gloss varnish soon. I’ve done enough research I feel it’s time to actually test varnishing some works, like the two I’ll look at today, and decide if – as the videos I’ve seen show – I’m missing the initial glow of the work, and desaturation of the colors due to oil absorption, or the works really do “more.”
I’m very curious about all that. Excited is a calm low voltage kind of way, lol!
And I think it may be fun! Very important too!
Plus, with this weather, good walks after lunch later and this evening.
Because of time constraints, I’ve elaborated more on my actual day ahead this time – what a concept! 😊 and less on yesterday. But do check out my pics for yesterday, if you’re interested grey dreary Austin fall / winter shots (vs today’s warm bright pics posting later tonight!), and, pics of where I’m at with In the Light. 💕
Listening to Portugal. The Man (Feel It Still), Rolling Stones (Beast of Burden, Wild Horses), Roy Orbison (Blue Bayou, In Dreams)
Dreary Day Dealt With via Art
I wish I had time to say a little more ‘bout the process of choosing what to do yesterday. Everyday’s like that to some degree of course. Yesterday’s (vs today’s sunshine showers of colors and warmth) was more in line with how to force myself to get some activity in, and how to spend my remainder time creatively (beyond watching a few fav TV shows of course smile).
Everything seems to have been done in tiny increments, with sustained efforts to not sink into the gloom of so many wet cold days.
I do suppose not being able to take a trip this year, 1st time in many years, away to somewhere, like Vermont, has taken a deeper toll on me than I’d expected. Right now, if things work out, it may well be 2 full years since being able to do much beyond the two trips to Wimberley nearby.
Art, for now, my art in particular, may be the only way to transport myself for now ❤️
Note: pics of my paintings & Austin weather are in today’s My Yesterday in Pictures, Nov 14’19 – link listed automatically once posted, under my Category link —
Related Amazon Search & Products
My Art & Photography Materials, Supplies & Instructions Idea Page
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
I do like to point out I pick my selections to showcase from my Amazon searches. May not always be the case, or wholly always the case, but for now, I prefer picking titles and book covers and gift items that just really appeal to me. There’s lots more to choose from, but only have so much room, lol! I hope you enjoy —
My Purchase & Wish List On Amazon 😊
My Related Blog Posts
My Latest Blog Posts
- September 20, 2021 – Dappled Light, “Figures in a Landscape Study” Still Not Done, But, Already a Learning Tool For Me!“Learning Tool for Me” is part of my blog title today simply ’cause I’ve looking at this post as specifically geared to get me where I wanna go – keeping in mind my destination is a generalized abstraction of image / feeling / and intuitive aspiration (hopefully including figurative work) & it’s reached a point of development over my previous renditions that I now need to put my resolve into concrete, hopefully creative, useful thoughts for my future directions. Lot of contradictions. Like life. Like me 😊 Here goes (for now) —
- September 19, 2021 – Dappled Light, “Figures in a Landscape Study” ContinuedJust a quick post updating yesterday’s release showing what I’ve changed/added on to a watercolor on paper I’d 1st posted about on Sept 7th…A bigger factor in today’s image update is the addition of more “white”.
- September 18, 2021 – Dapple Light, My Creative Conundrum and CaldronMy regular readers know I’ve been more and more attracted to the idea of being able to paint dappled light, consciously, and hopefully, eventually more spontaneously. I titled my post to include both “conundrum” – which I kept misspelling til I looked it up 😊 – and “caldron” – which I keep feeling my creative heart and mind are swimming in (over their heads) lol!
- September 17, 2021 – New Most Viewed Image For the Week @FineArtAmerica, “Fantasy Walk” : Watercolor on Canvas on Light Molding Paste, #ContemporaryImpressionismSome times, some days, the little things, like the big things, if they are good and hopeful, then they are helpful.
- September 16, 2021 – Reblog(s) : Graham McQuade, Benchmarks 1 & 2 (Acrylic Painting) #figureartThis necessarily (on my part) a short post due to some time constraints, although I should add, Graham’s posts will be a quick read. They’re short, tight with information. What will take a little time, if you notice the time 😊 is….
- September 15, 2021 – Birds at Pfluger Bridge Austin @FineArtAmericaBirds at Pfluger Bridge Austin is an 11×14 oil painting I finished a little over 3 years ago, but never wrote up about individually on my blog. I realized this was the case when I tried to find my WordPress image from an older blog post to include in my most recent post; about birds of course 😊 Why I hadn’t done a post, announcing when I’d uploaded it to Fine Art America is simply that I….
- September 14, 2021 – Playing with 4K Video to Grab Still ShotsNow that we’ve had our bird feeder up a few months at our new location, we’ve come across a wider variety of birds (and other critters) and’ve been working at grabbing shots of birds in motion I might could use for sketches and such 🦅
Thanks so much everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html