Listening to the Sultans of Swing (Dire Straits), The Eagles (Hotel California)
— a quick side note, my wife and I happened to mention Hotel California to the 6 year old grandson; how one could check in anytime they liked, but they could never leave 😂 and he was “very” curious how that worked, lol! It’s so fascinating! He’s so curious and wants to understand, and we’re willing to teach him the culture we knew of back then, esp music 💕
Anyway, much to prepare for this week. Sending a file to my printer for restock prints for the Old Bakery & Emporium of a shot I captured one evening of the Driskill Hotel here in Austin with a purple sky sunset! It’s one of the original grand bldgs of old 1800s Austin 😊
Plus need to gather the foam core backings, clear sleeves, and prints I do have on hand to take the Bakery tomorrow morning (Wed) when I’ll also go by the printer’s.
Next week I’ve two new venues to deliver art to via my new membership with Creative Arts Society. I’ll have posts about each location and the images next week.
Then of course, besides eating good meals, there’s painting – at least a little, plus, walk! I must keep walking!
Painting keeps me sane, sorta 😊 and walking keeps me painting ❤️
With the weather yesterday so mild, and continuing my recent routine of walking 10+ minutes after each full meal and any large snack break, I’ve been clocking 7500+ steps each day, and yesterday, with the exceptionally mild weather and a mid-morning for-the-heck-of-it walk, topped over 9000+!! Not something it’d be wise for me to expect very often right now, but nice when it happens 😊
As important, I’ve maintained my recent resumption of painting at least a little bit each day. I’m working on a careful tonal redo of In the Light as mentioned in yesterday’s My Day Ahead post where I go into more detail about my objectives and hopes — the latter often ahead of my perceived capabilities, lol! A little practice each day is beginning to make a dent in that lag, but lag there is! 😂
That’s ok. I’ll adjust as needed ❤️
Related Amazon Search & Products
My Art & Photography Materials, Supplies & Instructions Idea Page
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
I do like to point out I pick my selections to showcase from my Amazon searches. May not always be the case, or wholly always the case, but for now, I prefer picking titles and book covers and gift items that just really appeal to me. There’s lots more to choose from, but only have so much room, lol! I hope you enjoy —
My Purchase & Wish List On Amazon 😊
My Related Blog Posts
My Latest Blog Posts
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number I.1.2“Colors and textures. Shapes that softly glow….”
- Bastille Day 2020! 🇫🇷 With Memories of Paris 2012Sheila and I eventually took the same bus back we’d taken to the Bastille monument, back to our tiny upper floor loft in a nice apartment building, rented through an early European version of what Airbnb later came into being as.
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number I.1.1“Maybe now, in my sixties, he thought, my days are like weeks now….”
- The Old American Artist by Felipe Adan Lerma – Twitter Excerpt SeriesLooking back at older work, like my 80s acrylics or 2000s water soluble oils, can be lots of things : sobering 😂 and, when I spot patterns of motifs or preferences in my work, very helpful for me, enabling me to see enduring patterns of interests. The same, it turns out, even with its own variations, is true for other art forms I’ve worked out most my life, like writing, whether patterns of expression and beliefs within my blog posts, or, in the case of The Old American Artist – a semi-autobiographical literally fiction-like novella, connections right back to my most enduring focus. Art ❤️
- My Return to Regular Pricing @FineArtAmerica July 2020It’s been a few months since I started my $1 pricing markup experiment on Fine Art America. It was a worthwhile experiment, where I was hoping to generate more interest in my work in general, plus rack up a few low profit but visibility expanding sales 😊
- Aging Gracefully – Through Covid-19 – New Paris Painting In-Progress: Lady in Paris 1889, Details One Week ApartI’ve worked on Lady in Paris 1889 in-between some smaller watercolor (vs acrylic pieces), though a lot of the new touches to this work have been watercolor paint w/matte acrylic medium, basically making it an acrylic, but with some watercolor features, like the particular pigments I really wanted to use 😊
- Aging Gracefully – During Covid-19 – Update with SilverSneakers Stability Class at Gold’s Gym with Curt HollandLast week I post a more in-depth post, pictures & info, of the SilverSneakers Stability class Sheila and I take with Curt Holland at Gold’s Gym here in Austin, promising to update with a shot I thought I’d taken but, well, didn’t take, lol! That’s the shot above 😊
Thanks so much everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html