Listening to the Sultans of Swing (Dire Straits), The Eagles (Hotel California)
— a quick side note, my wife and I happened to mention Hotel California to the 6 year old grandson; how one could check in anytime they liked, but they could never leave 😂 and he was “very” curious how that worked, lol! It’s so fascinating! He’s so curious and wants to understand, and we’re willing to teach him the culture we knew of back then, esp music 💕
Anyway, much to prepare for this week. Sending a file to my printer for restock prints for the Old Bakery & Emporium of a shot I captured one evening of the Driskill Hotel here in Austin with a purple sky sunset! It’s one of the original grand bldgs of old 1800s Austin 😊
Plus need to gather the foam core backings, clear sleeves, and prints I do have on hand to take the Bakery tomorrow morning (Wed) when I’ll also go by the printer’s.
Next week I’ve two new venues to deliver art to via my new membership with Creative Arts Society. I’ll have posts about each location and the images next week.
Then of course, besides eating good meals, there’s painting – at least a little, plus, walk! I must keep walking!
Painting keeps me sane, sorta 😊 and walking keeps me painting ❤️
With the weather yesterday so mild, and continuing my recent routine of walking 10+ minutes after each full meal and any large snack break, I’ve been clocking 7500+ steps each day, and yesterday, with the exceptionally mild weather and a mid-morning for-the-heck-of-it walk, topped over 9000+!! Not something it’d be wise for me to expect very often right now, but nice when it happens 😊
As important, I’ve maintained my recent resumption of painting at least a little bit each day. I’m working on a careful tonal redo of In the Light as mentioned in yesterday’s My Day Ahead post where I go into more detail about my objectives and hopes — the latter often ahead of my perceived capabilities, lol! A little practice each day is beginning to make a dent in that lag, but lag there is! 😂
That’s ok. I’ll adjust as needed ❤️
Related Amazon Search & Products
My Art & Photography Materials, Supplies & Instructions Idea Page
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
I do like to point out I pick my selections to showcase from my Amazon searches. May not always be the case, or wholly always the case, but for now, I prefer picking titles and book covers and gift items that just really appeal to me. There’s lots more to choose from, but only have so much room, lol! I hope you enjoy —
My Purchase & Wish List On Amazon 😊
My Related Blog Posts
My Latest Blog Posts
- May 17, 2022 – I Have a Lot of Happenings ( art & personal ) This Week, But Still Finding Moments To Start a New Painting : Morning’s PromiseIt’s nice to dance the surface of my canvas as needed. And able ☺️ And right now, a light step, at an easy pace, may give me the time – and energy – to get more than a handful of other needed things also done this week. Not a bad compromise. For now 😊
- May 16, 2022 – New Diptych : “Freedom” Almost Finished, Panels Need Signing ( front & back )And what I’ve come across figuring out how to make prints of this that folks can work with, ie, close to or within standard size dimensions, was how to get a 22×28 image convert into – in 2 examples – an 8×10 or 12×18, and I came up with this as a starting prototype….
- May 15, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Spring Rising”I’d done a lot of deep or darker night-like paintings for a bit, so it felt pretty nice to lighten up my palette for awhile. Working back & forth, from the two approaches – playing the potential good from both approaches seems to suit my Libra middle, lol!
- May 14, 2022 – My 1st Classical Stretch Workout with Miranda Esmonde-White ( via YouTube ) in Many Months!Though similar to SilverSneakers’ classes, Miranda’s classes focus largely on making the fascia network in our bodies more fluid. Some movements are very similar, but more extended, dance-like, reflecting Miranda’s ballerina and dance background!
- May 13, 2022 – “Angel” in AVAA’s 1st Austin Art Space Gallery and Studio Group Show in a Long Time!Just a very quick post to announce that my 18×24 inch acrylic on stretched canvas, Angel – has been accepted into Austin Visual Arts Association’s ( AVAA) 1st group show since ( I believe ) the pandemic. Definitely been a long time coming and feels great to be able to be showing with this long time Austin art association again! 😊
- May 12, 2022 – Updated My #Twitter Header Image and Pinned TweetThough Twitter’s future is up in the air, or ether, or virtual landscape; and my own “footprint” there and social media in general is micro-whatever, lol! — it’s still my micro existence, and I want to care for it best I can 😊
- May 11, 2022 – Reblog / Review : Joan Mitchell, “I carry my landscapes around with me” – #Polyptychs…my reading of Joan Mitchell’s work – while often including much of that same connection, speaks more directly to me about the impact of the canvas before me in that process. Especially most specifically in regard to Joan’s work with multi-panel / multi-canvas works of art – ie, polyptychs!
Thanks so much everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html