Listening to the Sultans of Swing (Dire Straits), The Eagles (Hotel California)
— a quick side note, my wife and I happened to mention Hotel California to the 6 year old grandson; how one could check in anytime they liked, but they could never leave 😂 and he was “very” curious how that worked, lol! It’s so fascinating! He’s so curious and wants to understand, and we’re willing to teach him the culture we knew of back then, esp music 💕
Anyway, much to prepare for this week. Sending a file to my printer for restock prints for the Old Bakery & Emporium of a shot I captured one evening of the Driskill Hotel here in Austin with a purple sky sunset! It’s one of the original grand bldgs of old 1800s Austin 😊
Plus need to gather the foam core backings, clear sleeves, and prints I do have on hand to take the Bakery tomorrow morning (Wed) when I’ll also go by the printer’s.
Next week I’ve two new venues to deliver art to via my new membership with Creative Arts Society. I’ll have posts about each location and the images next week.
Then of course, besides eating good meals, there’s painting – at least a little, plus, walk! I must keep walking!
Painting keeps me sane, sorta 😊 and walking keeps me painting ❤️
With the weather yesterday so mild, and continuing my recent routine of walking 10+ minutes after each full meal and any large snack break, I’ve been clocking 7500+ steps each day, and yesterday, with the exceptionally mild weather and a mid-morning for-the-heck-of-it walk, topped over 9000+!! Not something it’d be wise for me to expect very often right now, but nice when it happens 😊
As important, I’ve maintained my recent resumption of painting at least a little bit each day. I’m working on a careful tonal redo of In the Light as mentioned in yesterday’s My Day Ahead post where I go into more detail about my objectives and hopes — the latter often ahead of my perceived capabilities, lol! A little practice each day is beginning to make a dent in that lag, but lag there is! 😂
That’s ok. I’ll adjust as needed ❤️
Related Amazon Search & Products
My Art & Photography Materials, Supplies & Instructions Idea Page
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
I do like to point out I pick my selections to showcase from my Amazon searches. May not always be the case, or wholly always the case, but for now, I prefer picking titles and book covers and gift items that just really appeal to me. There’s lots more to choose from, but only have so much room, lol! I hope you enjoy —
My Purchase & Wish List On Amazon 😊
My Related Blog Posts
My Latest Blog Posts
- January 15, 2021 – Placing a Few More WordAds in My Posts, For NowJust a quick post to let folks know I’ll have a few more WordAds in my posts. I’ve had one or so at or near the bottom of my posts, now I’ll also have one or more in the sidebar.
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number III.17.2“Arturo had arrived along this stretch of the Mediterranean with Rosetta less than a year ago….”
- January 14, 2021 – Grande Roue de Paris Night, Photography circa 2012, Adan’s PhotoPoemsGrande Roue de Paris Night, Photography – Adan’s PhotoPoems, “Reaching into the heights of night….”
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number III.17.1“Freshly bathed and dressed in the deep blues of the ocean night nearby, Arturo entered the main ballroom reserved for art shows, weddings, graduations, conventions, and political gatherings. Almost anything anyone could pay or trade for.”
- January 13, 2021 – Monet’s Garden April Rain in Giverny, Photo to Oil to Watercolors through Three Decades, Part 5 – (Non-Professional) Challenges Photographing Painting NuancesYesterday I posted a couple of my watercolor renditions of my mini-Monet’s Garden series of posts, but was immediately unhappy with how one of the two appeared on screen.
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number III.16.2“At the entrance to the grande fortress hotel, set from the beach to midway up the rough hill facing the ocean….”
- January 12, 2021 – Monet’s Garden April Rain in Giverny, Photo to Oil to Watercolors through Three Decades, Part 4 – Learning Lessons Doing Repetition VariationsPreviously, in Part 3 of this mini series, I showcased my 1st watercolor (seen below) keyed off an original oil of 2001, itself keyed off an original photo of the same year.
Thanks so much everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html