Today I want to read up on and experiment more with varnishing, plus continue working on an unfinished piece from earlier this year.
Temperatures are continuing to moderate, so also want to get outside more 😊
And, need to prepare files of two images I want to submit to a show at Art For the People for early next year (just around the corner now!) One, In the Light, is a piece I’ve been tinkering with for awhile now, rebalancing its tones (values). I think I may have finished with it, just a question, once its dry, if I’ll varnish it. Too soon to say 😊
May also go to our climate controlled storage nearby & take a bunch of empty boxes, make a little more room for us. It’s close by but has lots of codes to get through doors, elevators, etc, which is good, but kinda deters us from just “dropping by” lol! Also just as well and good!
So that’s plenty enough & hopefully still leave a little time to just relax ❤️
Listening to Sleep: Ambient Music Therapy (Sound Healing Center) – I know, it’s morning, but maybe it’s extending my resting time, lol! 😊
It’s like I have a blank about yesterday this morning. I know I took pictures of some of what I was doing, but I think it’s because I’m heavily into extending those same things today: learning more about varnishing, painting, walking, and needing to get files ready for another art show submission. My yesterday is also today? Well, why not?
And it must not just be me, ‘cause Sheila woke up wanting to tell me how much Woman in Moonlight stuck w/her (after I showed her how the 1st coat of varnish brought it back to how I painted it). We talked about it, how the woman is of this world and yet on the edge of creation so to speak, how the colors worked with each other, how surreal and yet how real it seemed. So I’m very pleased with that, that this work woke something curious about it in her ❤️
I can’t ask for much more than that 💕
Note: pics of Woman in Moonlight, and more, are in today’s My Yesterday in Pictures, Nov 16’19 – link listed automatically once posted, under my Category link —
Related Amazon Search & Products
My Art & Photography Materials, Supplies & Instructions Idea Page
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
Painting Instruction Videos https://amzn.to/2ZNgxfi
Painting Instruction Prime Video https://amzn.to/35oeMq2
I do like to point out I pick my selections to showcase from my Amazon searches. May not always be the case, or wholly always the case, but for now, I prefer picking titles and book covers and gift items that just really appeal to me. There’s lots more to choose from, but only have so much room, lol! I hope you enjoy —
My Purchase & Wish List On Amazon 😊
My Related Blog Posts
My Latest Blog Posts
- At Rest With Nature – New Watercolor on Absorbent Ground, May 2020At Peace With Nature has several firsts for me. One, it’s a 5×7 stretched canvas, another size like my recent 6×12, A Walk Among the Wildflowers, I haven’t done in quite awhile, certainly even further back by maybe even decades, lol! It’s an interesting size, being small, yet enabling and enhancing the sense of length or height, like the 6×12, but more subtly.
- Aging Through Covid-19, May 27, 2020Personal Transitions During Stay-at-Home Distancing No BIG in the typical sense of what I tend to think “big” life change/transitions are, but with no blog post for 5 or 6 days, I gave up figuring out the exact # of days, lol, I felt compelled to say a little something.
- Aging Through Covid-19, May 26, 2020Photo Lessons for Dummies by BE KITSCHIG is a superb humor laden look at the all too common pitfalls and inadvertent mistakes we all non-professionals make with our cameras 😂
- A Walk Among the WildFlowers – New Watercolor on Absorbent Ground, May 2020As one can tell by my photo below, I took a few liberties, but to some extent, that happens whether I plan it or not, lol 😂 But I like the result too much to alter anything on it. Another version, another time, will elicit a different response, and I do think this is one motif I’ll want to do more of, vs variations for just practice 😊
- Aging Through Covid-19, May 20, 2020A bit of news out of my home state of Texas. For the past decade, the two main political parties of that state have battled in and out of court in regard to things vote related. Actually seemingly everything vote related, lol!
- Covid-19 Visit to Lady Bird Wildflower Center May 2020 💐First trip I can think of for Sheila & myself, much less with Max, since maybe pre-Covid! 💕 Short, less than 2 hours, and less than 15 minutes from home, but what a treat! 😊
- Aging Through Covid-19, May 18, 2020A superb article, mostly for two reasons. One, it covers a huge range of our everyday activities. Two, it differentiates into most the activities, delineating what makes it risky or less so, in general.
Thanks so much everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html