Today I want to read up on and experiment more with varnishing, plus continue working on an unfinished piece from earlier this year.
Temperatures are continuing to moderate, so also want to get outside more 😊
And, need to prepare files of two images I want to submit to a show at Art For the People for early next year (just around the corner now!) One, In the Light, is a piece I’ve been tinkering with for awhile now, rebalancing its tones (values). I think I may have finished with it, just a question, once its dry, if I’ll varnish it. Too soon to say 😊
May also go to our climate controlled storage nearby & take a bunch of empty boxes, make a little more room for us. It’s close by but has lots of codes to get through doors, elevators, etc, which is good, but kinda deters us from just “dropping by” lol! Also just as well and good!
So that’s plenty enough & hopefully still leave a little time to just relax ❤️
Listening to Sleep: Ambient Music Therapy (Sound Healing Center) – I know, it’s morning, but maybe it’s extending my resting time, lol! 😊
It’s like I have a blank about yesterday this morning. I know I took pictures of some of what I was doing, but I think it’s because I’m heavily into extending those same things today: learning more about varnishing, painting, walking, and needing to get files ready for another art show submission. My yesterday is also today? Well, why not?
And it must not just be me, ‘cause Sheila woke up wanting to tell me how much Woman in Moonlight stuck w/her (after I showed her how the 1st coat of varnish brought it back to how I painted it). We talked about it, how the woman is of this world and yet on the edge of creation so to speak, how the colors worked with each other, how surreal and yet how real it seemed. So I’m very pleased with that, that this work woke something curious about it in her ❤️
I can’t ask for much more than that 💕
Note: pics of Woman in Moonlight, and more, are in today’s My Yesterday in Pictures, Nov 16’19 – link listed automatically once posted, under my Category link —
Related Amazon Search & Products
My Art & Photography Materials, Supplies & Instructions Idea Page
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
I do like to point out I pick my selections to showcase from my Amazon searches. May not always be the case, or wholly always the case, but for now, I prefer picking titles and book covers and gift items that just really appeal to me. There’s lots more to choose from, but only have so much room, lol! I hope you enjoy —
My Purchase & Wish List On Amazon 😊
My Related Blog Posts
My Latest Blog Posts
- February 25, 2021 – Austin Winter Storm, Is It a Wrap?Is our #TexasFreeze winter storm over? A wrap? Done and ready to be forgotten?
- February 24, 2021 – The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number I.2.1 – with CommentaryI’ve no real idea if this is common, a little common, or just plain uncommon, lol, to other artists.
- February 23, 2021 – Texas Hill Country November – circa 2021 Watercolor – Adan’s PhotoPoemsThough an abstract, I think one of the things I like best about Texas Hill Country November, is it captures a little of the sense of the authentic the Texas landscaped outside….
- February 22, 2021 – Austin Winter Storm, Power is On, Water is Running, Boil Ban is Canceled, and – I Shaved!It’s hard to express the relief in again having the taken-for-granted luxury of running water, power to heat and cool our air and bodies, and being able to stand with family, even if for a short time, even if we knew we’d all four had to have been social distancing / masking – even if out doors in our relatively fresh Austin city air.
- February 21, 2021 – Austin Winter Storm, Hope is a Wet Blue Line and One Brave Bird in a TreeMy apologies for the break in communication continuity since yesterday morning – it’s been a rough but promising ride, and, I got my own answer as to how come the phrase/idea, “Why the Caged Bird Sings” has always appealed to me 😊
- February 20, 2021 – Austin Winter Storm, Possible Light End of A Cold TunnelThe Texas Tribune has lots of articles examining both the overall and details of this disaster. A major component, as voiced from different directions, is cost —
- February 19, 2021 – Austin Winter Storm, The Light in the ColdThe Texas Tribune has lots of articles examining both the overall and details of this disaster. A major component, as voiced from different directions, is cost —
Thanks so much everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html