Today I want to read up on and experiment more with varnishing, plus continue working on an unfinished piece from earlier this year.
Temperatures are continuing to moderate, so also want to get outside more 😊
And, need to prepare files of two images I want to submit to a show at Art For the People for early next year (just around the corner now!) One, In the Light, is a piece I’ve been tinkering with for awhile now, rebalancing its tones (values). I think I may have finished with it, just a question, once its dry, if I’ll varnish it. Too soon to say 😊
May also go to our climate controlled storage nearby & take a bunch of empty boxes, make a little more room for us. It’s close by but has lots of codes to get through doors, elevators, etc, which is good, but kinda deters us from just “dropping by” lol! Also just as well and good!
So that’s plenty enough & hopefully still leave a little time to just relax ❤️
Listening to Sleep: Ambient Music Therapy (Sound Healing Center) – I know, it’s morning, but maybe it’s extending my resting time, lol! 😊
It’s like I have a blank about yesterday this morning. I know I took pictures of some of what I was doing, but I think it’s because I’m heavily into extending those same things today: learning more about varnishing, painting, walking, and needing to get files ready for another art show submission. My yesterday is also today? Well, why not?
And it must not just be me, ‘cause Sheila woke up wanting to tell me how much Woman in Moonlight stuck w/her (after I showed her how the 1st coat of varnish brought it back to how I painted it). We talked about it, how the woman is of this world and yet on the edge of creation so to speak, how the colors worked with each other, how surreal and yet how real it seemed. So I’m very pleased with that, that this work woke something curious about it in her ❤️
I can’t ask for much more than that 💕
Note: pics of Woman in Moonlight, and more, are in today’s My Yesterday in Pictures, Nov 16’19 – link listed automatically once posted, under my Category link —
Related Amazon Search & Products
My Art & Photography Materials, Supplies & Instructions Idea Page
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
I do like to point out I pick my selections to showcase from my Amazon searches. May not always be the case, or wholly always the case, but for now, I prefer picking titles and book covers and gift items that just really appeal to me. There’s lots more to choose from, but only have so much room, lol! I hope you enjoy —
My Purchase & Wish List On Amazon 😊
My Related Blog Posts
My Latest Blog Posts
- August 03, 2021 – Working a New 16×20 Acrylic, Working Title : Testing the Water, Refining the Figure, Developing the BackgroundI wanted to do more on this but things are happening re Covid, in my life. I’ll have more on this very soon – nothing w/me or family here in Austin (despite horrid #s lately), but nearby, also here in Texas. Wonderful how fluid and flexible art is, giving us challenges one day, inspiration on another, and solace even when needed.
- August 02, 2021 – Prepping a New 16×20 Acrylic, Working Title : Testing the Water, 1st Figure Lay-inI included my most recent updated image from a post a few days ago further below. Besides the figure work (not yet complete), you can see where I continued to rework the area around the figure, setting her off more completely.
- August 01, 2021 – Some Interruptions in Life are BlessingsJust back from an incredible trip to the Galapagos west of Ecuador, wife & I got the opportunity to have the youngest grandchild over. This is from our mid-morning walk in warm dappled light ❤️ I only wish I’d realized the value of this with our own children more fully…
- July 31, 2021 – Prepping a New 16×20 Acrylic, Working Title : Testing the WaterThe initial goal was to simply select and mark the area for my figure. Then I freely applied Golden’s light molding paste, leaving the selected area for my figure much more level, and forming the paste into potentially vegetative designs as inspiration and malleable ground meshed —
- July 30, 2021 – What a Difference a New Keyboard Makes : LENRICH iPad pro 12.9 case with keyboardThis is an older now discontinued keyboard, but one of the few still available for my IPad Pro 2nd generation model (current model is 5th generation I believe), but I’m impressed with it enough to post about it and (if all continues well) my renewed ease of use not having to use the onscreen keyboard for blog posts, emails etc – that’s a big deal for me, lol! 😊
- July 29, 2021 – Whew! Yesterday Was a Day of Plowing Through, lol!Above is a picture of me November 2019 (notice the weather is warm but hot, finally 😊) and I look just a bit worn out? I’d just climbed the 218 steps to top of Old Baldy near Wimberley Texas! That’s kinda how I felt yesterday, only without as nice a view, lol! I’ll just say that….
- July 28, 2021 – New 25×40 #Acrylic on Canvas In-Progress : Barton Springs Greenbelt Indian SummerA chore heat filled day where my keyboard evidently is deciding it’s had it, lol! Hopefully I finish this post 😊 Basically I started the groundwork for my newest painting, acrylic, wanting to settle on my composition before hand, unlike how I handled my just finished watercolor, same size, where I inserted my figure at the end.
Thanks so much everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html