Today I want to read up on and experiment more with varnishing, plus continue working on an unfinished piece from earlier this year.
Temperatures are continuing to moderate, so also want to get outside more 😊
And, need to prepare files of two images I want to submit to a show at Art For the People for early next year (just around the corner now!) One, In the Light, is a piece I’ve been tinkering with for awhile now, rebalancing its tones (values). I think I may have finished with it, just a question, once its dry, if I’ll varnish it. Too soon to say 😊
May also go to our climate controlled storage nearby & take a bunch of empty boxes, make a little more room for us. It’s close by but has lots of codes to get through doors, elevators, etc, which is good, but kinda deters us from just “dropping by” lol! Also just as well and good!
So that’s plenty enough & hopefully still leave a little time to just relax ❤️
Listening to Sleep: Ambient Music Therapy (Sound Healing Center) – I know, it’s morning, but maybe it’s extending my resting time, lol! 😊
It’s like I have a blank about yesterday this morning. I know I took pictures of some of what I was doing, but I think it’s because I’m heavily into extending those same things today: learning more about varnishing, painting, walking, and needing to get files ready for another art show submission. My yesterday is also today? Well, why not?
And it must not just be me, ‘cause Sheila woke up wanting to tell me how much Woman in Moonlight stuck w/her (after I showed her how the 1st coat of varnish brought it back to how I painted it). We talked about it, how the woman is of this world and yet on the edge of creation so to speak, how the colors worked with each other, how surreal and yet how real it seemed. So I’m very pleased with that, that this work woke something curious about it in her ❤️
I can’t ask for much more than that 💕
Note: pics of Woman in Moonlight, and more, are in today’s My Yesterday in Pictures, Nov 16’19 – link listed automatically once posted, under my Category link —
Related Amazon Search & Products
My Art & Photography Materials, Supplies & Instructions Idea Page
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
I do like to point out I pick my selections to showcase from my Amazon searches. May not always be the case, or wholly always the case, but for now, I prefer picking titles and book covers and gift items that just really appeal to me. There’s lots more to choose from, but only have so much room, lol! I hope you enjoy —
My Purchase & Wish List On Amazon 😊
My Related Blog Posts
My Latest Blog Posts
- Neuroscience Says Listening to This Song Reduces Anxiety by Up to 65 Percent | Inc.com by Melanie CurtinThe group that created "Weightless", Marconi Union, did so in collaboration with sound therapists. Its carefully arranged harmonies, rhythms, and bass lines help slow a listener's heart rate, reduce blood pressure and lower levels of the stress hormone cortisol.
- My Yesterday in Pictures for, Dec 13-14, 2019 😊My Yesterday in Pictures – Dec 13-14, 2019 – Trip to Houston: Christmas Lights, My Mom
- My Yesterday in Pictures for, Dec 12, 2019 😊My Yesterday in Pictures – Dec 12, 2019 – Grandchildren & grandparents ❤️ My artist process – old starts becoming new paintings 👩🎤
- Pursuit of Perfection in the Arts by David J. Rogers“The virtuoso performance is the single most exciting and popular feature not only of drama but of any art, and the most thrilling feature of a virtuoso performance is not the possibility that the artist may fail. Rather, it is the spectacle of succeeding in an extraordinary way…”
- My Yesterday in Pictures for, Dec 11, 2019 😊My Yesterday in Pictures – Dec 11, 2019 – Creativity: My artist process / comparison 2003 vs 2019 – is it that much different?
- My Yesterday in Pictures for, Dec 10, 2019 😊My Yesterday in Pictures – Dec 10, 2019 – Varnishing, glazing, and delivery two paintings to Buda Mercantile Co., Buda Tx 😊
- Glazing with Acrylics, Oils and Watercolors / Just Paint via Stacy Brock & Golden Artist ColorsThe word “glaze” can have a very slightly different meaning whether you are painting with oils, acrylics or watercolor. In all three media, a glaze is a translucent layer of color applied on top of a base of other colors or an underpainting.
Thanks so much everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html