Staying home this morning while Sheila goes to SilverSneakers stability class at Gold’s Gym; she’s then heading to see the youngest girl for lunch. But no worries, guys. She’s left me just the right amt of meatloaf and cheesecake for my lunch ❤️ When she gets back I’m gonna try and get to Lady Bird Lake on what looks like the last warm sunny day in the 10 day forecast! Then the 6 year old (now out for Christmas break from school) comes over in the evening for a rare week night over-night 😊
Listening to The Rolling Stones (Waiting on a Friend), Dire Straits (Sultans of Swing), Borns (Electric Love; 10,000 Emerald Pools), Roy Orbison (Blue Bayou, In Dreams).
At Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center Austin Texas
My second day straight returning to the Wildflower Center was a concentrated visual and walking treat. I went alone and lost track of time in what seemed five minutes and was nearly two hours 😊
My biggest surprise wasn’t discovering how vast the grounds are, or how, even in this near-winter season, so much beauty’s in abundance at the Wildflower Center.
One is, finding, maybe, the 1st Austin proximity images I’ve felt compelled to try something with paint, with scenes I saw Saturday and especially Sunday. Nature believes in patterns. Smooth patterns, spasmatic patterns. Wave patterns. Shape patterns. And, color patterns. There’s more I’m sure, but I’m going to focus on color patterns for a moment.
And that’s #two for me right now: color patterns.
I look back at work I did in the 80s & 90s, the 2000s and recently.
I see patterns of colors oscillating across the space of the canvases.
What I saw differently today, and had seen in bits and pieces starting this spring, with what our old neighborhood is thankfully still chock full of, florals, is patterns of light & dark, of colors, within the usual landscapes, within the floral sweeps, within the silhouette sweeps of tree trunks against the sky. In pieces. In patterns of light.
It’s more to do with (my) seeing how attracted I’ve been to patterns for what inspires me to paint.
Is Notan having a stealth influence on me, lol?
I’ll have to be patient to see I guess 😊
I need to do that post on my blog milestone. I need to do a blog post about the Wildflower Center.
But I want to do the post about this. The light-dark patterns I saw today. What it was in the gestalt of the scene in the photo that drew me into the scene to begin with. The spark. The point of focus that sparkles because the point of focus isn’t one spot. It’s spots. It’s stars of light. I want to do that with paint…
With – something, or a person, recognizable among it all ❤️
I guess it’s appropriate I’m listening to Roy Orbison’s “In Dreams” right now 💕
Maybe it’s true then — art — paintings, stories, poems, dances, sculptures — all the arts, are dreams come to life….
Note: pics of Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center and more, are in today’s My Yesterday in Pictures, Nov 24’19 – link listed automatically once posted, under my Category link —
Related Amazon Search & Products
My Art & Photography Materials, Supplies & Instructions Idea Page
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
I do like to point out I pick my selections to showcase from my Amazon searches. May not always be the case, or wholly always the case, but for now, I prefer picking titles and book covers and gift items that just really appeal to me. There’s lots more to choose from, but only have so much room, lol! I hope you enjoy —
My Purchase & Wish List On Amazon 😊
My Related Blog Posts
My Latest Blog Posts
- July 31, 2021 – Prepping a New 16×20 Acrylic, Working Title : Testing the WaterThe initial goal was to simply select and mark the area for my figure. Then I freely applied Golden’s light molding paste, leaving the selected area for my figure much more level, and forming the paste into potentially vegetative designs as inspiration and malleable ground meshed —
- July 30, 2021 – What a Difference a New Keyboard Makes : LENRICH iPad pro 12.9 case with keyboardThis is an older now discontinued keyboard, but one of the few still available for my IPad Pro 2nd generation model (current model is 5th generation I believe), but I’m impressed with it enough to post about it and (if all continues well) my renewed ease of use not having to use the onscreen keyboard for blog posts, emails etc – that’s a big deal for me, lol! 😊
- July 29, 2021 – Whew! Yesterday Was a Day of Plowing Through, lol!Above is a picture of me November 2019 (notice the weather is warm but hot, finally 😊) and I look just a bit worn out? I’d just climbed the 218 steps to top of Old Baldy near Wimberley Texas! That’s kinda how I felt yesterday, only without as nice a view, lol! I’ll just say that….
- July 28, 2021 – New 25×40 #Acrylic on Canvas In-Progress : Barton Springs Greenbelt Indian SummerA chore heat filled day where my keyboard evidently is deciding it’s had it, lol! Hopefully I finish this post 😊 Basically I started the groundwork for my newest painting, acrylic, wanting to settle on my composition before hand, unlike how I handled my just finished watercolor, same size, where I inserted my figure at the end.
- July 27, 2021 – 4 Weeks Running! My Most Viewed Image For the Week @FineArtAmerica, Summer is a Lady : #Watercolor on Paper #ContemporaryImpressionismI’m sure I’ve had images repeat as most viewed 4 times in a row, but I wasn’t paying as much attention to that as I try to nowadays 😊 Summer is a Lady continues to simmer atop my selection of photos and artwork and illustrated poetry ♥️
- July 26, 2021 – Where I Left Off Before Our Trip, New #Watercolor on Canvas Completed : Barton Springs Greenbelt Indian SummerI just took another look at my newly completed painting (above) to try for some settled sentiment I can include for my post, and I do have that – some settled sentiment. I’m still digesting and assimilating what this new work means to me. Though I know it’s incomplete, because I also know this work is more a conscious marker of where I want to head, and feel compelled to head toward, I do have a grasp enough to point out some things that are making themselves more known to me.
- July 25, 2021 – Where I Left Off Before Our Trip, New Watercolor on Canvas in-progress, Developing the Right Figure to AddAs you can tell from my top pic, my efforts to progress from my value study and digital studies below are not going great, lol! I take solace from several things —
Thanks so much everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html