Staying home this morning while Sheila goes to SilverSneakers stability class at Gold’s Gym; she’s then heading to see the youngest girl for lunch. But no worries, guys. She’s left me just the right amt of meatloaf and cheesecake for my lunch ❤️ When she gets back I’m gonna try and get to Lady Bird Lake on what looks like the last warm sunny day in the 10 day forecast! Then the 6 year old (now out for Christmas break from school) comes over in the evening for a rare week night over-night 😊
Listening to The Rolling Stones (Waiting on a Friend), Dire Straits (Sultans of Swing), Borns (Electric Love; 10,000 Emerald Pools), Roy Orbison (Blue Bayou, In Dreams).
At Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center Austin Texas
My second day straight returning to the Wildflower Center was a concentrated visual and walking treat. I went alone and lost track of time in what seemed five minutes and was nearly two hours 😊
My biggest surprise wasn’t discovering how vast the grounds are, or how, even in this near-winter season, so much beauty’s in abundance at the Wildflower Center.
One is, finding, maybe, the 1st Austin proximity images I’ve felt compelled to try something with paint, with scenes I saw Saturday and especially Sunday. Nature believes in patterns. Smooth patterns, spasmatic patterns. Wave patterns. Shape patterns. And, color patterns. There’s more I’m sure, but I’m going to focus on color patterns for a moment.
And that’s #two for me right now: color patterns.
I look back at work I did in the 80s & 90s, the 2000s and recently.
I see patterns of colors oscillating across the space of the canvases.
What I saw differently today, and had seen in bits and pieces starting this spring, with what our old neighborhood is thankfully still chock full of, florals, is patterns of light & dark, of colors, within the usual landscapes, within the floral sweeps, within the silhouette sweeps of tree trunks against the sky. In pieces. In patterns of light.
It’s more to do with (my) seeing how attracted I’ve been to patterns for what inspires me to paint.
Is Notan having a stealth influence on me, lol?
I’ll have to be patient to see I guess 😊
I need to do that post on my blog milestone. I need to do a blog post about the Wildflower Center.
But I want to do the post about this. The light-dark patterns I saw today. What it was in the gestalt of the scene in the photo that drew me into the scene to begin with. The spark. The point of focus that sparkles because the point of focus isn’t one spot. It’s spots. It’s stars of light. I want to do that with paint…
With – something, or a person, recognizable among it all ❤️
I guess it’s appropriate I’m listening to Roy Orbison’s “In Dreams” right now 💕
Maybe it’s true then — art — paintings, stories, poems, dances, sculptures — all the arts, are dreams come to life….
Note: pics of Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center and more, are in today’s My Yesterday in Pictures, Nov 24’19 – link listed automatically once posted, under my Category link —
Related Amazon Search & Products
My Art & Photography Materials, Supplies & Instructions Idea Page
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
I do like to point out I pick my selections to showcase from my Amazon searches. May not always be the case, or wholly always the case, but for now, I prefer picking titles and book covers and gift items that just really appeal to me. There’s lots more to choose from, but only have so much room, lol! I hope you enjoy —
My Purchase & Wish List On Amazon 😊
My Related Blog Posts
My Latest Blog Posts
- November 21, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Dispatcher” : circa 2011I thought Dispatcher had once already been one of my most viewed of my work on Fine Art America, but I guess not! 😊 It’s been a popular poem, and with the holidays upon us, a great choice as a print or coffee mug ☕️ 🇺🇸
- November 13, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Cypress Creek Mid Afternoon Mid October” : Circa 2019Very unusual to have so many photos from my collection of images at Fine Art America show up among my 12 most viewed images there at FAA, and for so many showing up for the 1st time….
- November 08, 2022 – The Mid-Term Elections 2022 : This is It! If the Elections Are Important to You…VOTE!!!If the elections are important to you – vote! 😊🇺🇸🙏
- November 06, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Arc de ( d’Nuit ) Triomphe Poster ” : Image Circa 2012, Poster 2017Once again one of my poster designs was my most viewed image from among my listings for prints and gifts on Fine Art America….
- October 30, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Volleyball Kill Poster” : circa 1994 ( writing ) / 2021 ( poster design )Another of my sayings / posters made it as my most viewed of my work on Fine Art America this past week, Volleyball Kill, which I wrote in the early 90s….
- October 24, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Danseur en Bleu” : circa 2022Quite an unexpected treat to see my newest painting, Danseur en Bleu, it’s 1st week on Fine Art America, be my most viewed of my images for the past week!
- October 23, 2022 – A Beginner’s View : Inflation, the Economy, Climate, Clean Energy, Health etc, How Are They Related in Our Current Everyday Lives? – An On-Going Inquiry, Part 9 – #Inflation and Our 2022 Mid-Term Election to Keep/Improve Our #Democracy…while true that any price guidelines / control can be a slippery slope, we also already know price gouging has easily done slipped-slid-and-sunk into its own quicksand of problems….
Thanks so much everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html