Staying home this morning while Sheila goes to SilverSneakers stability class at Gold’s Gym; she’s then heading to see the youngest girl for lunch. But no worries, guys. She’s left me just the right amt of meatloaf and cheesecake for my lunch ❤️ When she gets back I’m gonna try and get to Lady Bird Lake on what looks like the last warm sunny day in the 10 day forecast! Then the 6 year old (now out for Christmas break from school) comes over in the evening for a rare week night over-night 😊
Listening to The Rolling Stones (Waiting on a Friend), Dire Straits (Sultans of Swing), Borns (Electric Love; 10,000 Emerald Pools), Roy Orbison (Blue Bayou, In Dreams).
At Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center Austin Texas
My second day straight returning to the Wildflower Center was a concentrated visual and walking treat. I went alone and lost track of time in what seemed five minutes and was nearly two hours 😊
My biggest surprise wasn’t discovering how vast the grounds are, or how, even in this near-winter season, so much beauty’s in abundance at the Wildflower Center.
One is, finding, maybe, the 1st Austin proximity images I’ve felt compelled to try something with paint, with scenes I saw Saturday and especially Sunday. Nature believes in patterns. Smooth patterns, spasmatic patterns. Wave patterns. Shape patterns. And, color patterns. There’s more I’m sure, but I’m going to focus on color patterns for a moment.
And that’s #two for me right now: color patterns.
I look back at work I did in the 80s & 90s, the 2000s and recently.
I see patterns of colors oscillating across the space of the canvases.
What I saw differently today, and had seen in bits and pieces starting this spring, with what our old neighborhood is thankfully still chock full of, florals, is patterns of light & dark, of colors, within the usual landscapes, within the floral sweeps, within the silhouette sweeps of tree trunks against the sky. In pieces. In patterns of light.
It’s more to do with (my) seeing how attracted I’ve been to patterns for what inspires me to paint.
Is Notan having a stealth influence on me, lol?
I’ll have to be patient to see I guess 😊
I need to do that post on my blog milestone. I need to do a blog post about the Wildflower Center.
But I want to do the post about this. The light-dark patterns I saw today. What it was in the gestalt of the scene in the photo that drew me into the scene to begin with. The spark. The point of focus that sparkles because the point of focus isn’t one spot. It’s spots. It’s stars of light. I want to do that with paint…
With – something, or a person, recognizable among it all ❤️
I guess it’s appropriate I’m listening to Roy Orbison’s “In Dreams” right now 💕
Maybe it’s true then — art — paintings, stories, poems, dances, sculptures — all the arts, are dreams come to life….
Note: pics of Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center and more, are in today’s My Yesterday in Pictures, Nov 24’19 – link listed automatically once posted, under my Category link —
Related Amazon Search & Products
My Art & Photography Materials, Supplies & Instructions Idea Page
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
I do like to point out I pick my selections to showcase from my Amazon searches. May not always be the case, or wholly always the case, but for now, I prefer picking titles and book covers and gift items that just really appeal to me. There’s lots more to choose from, but only have so much room, lol! I hope you enjoy —
My Purchase & Wish List On Amazon 😊
Painting Instruction Videos https://amzn.to/2ZNgxfi
Painting Instruction Prime Video https://amzn.to/35oeMq2
My Related Blog Posts
My Latest Blog Posts
- Adan’s Fine Art America Images # 20 – Lit Like Stained Glass , Uploaded 04.13.16“Burlington, my wife’s home town in Vermont, is a very walkable city, and summers and early fall we’d often walk back at night from festivals and such….”
- Turned 70 Today – A Lot To Be Grateful For!“Plus… The first family meal, outdoors, socially distanced from other folks, since the beginning of the pandemic!”
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number II.16.2“And in the middle of the top left third, in a sky as dense as the sea, rose a waxing moon, glow askew….”
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number II.16.1“Immediately on rising, his evening show in his mind’s peripheral vision, Arturo gathered a favored brush….”
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number II.15.2“The next day she returned alone. Not sitting, she handed him several brochures….”
- Adan’s Fine Art America Images # 19 – Sunset West of Myers Bagels , Uploaded 04.10.16“Vermont’s impact on my art, fiction, and desire to be fit has been welcomingly outsized for both it’s size and the amount of time I’ve been able to spend there. And if not for my wife being from Vermont, I may well have never visited and quickly learned to love its land and people.”
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number II.15.1“Rosetta continued coming by to see Arturo in his tiny place, sometimes bringing Fluffer. At first, Rosetta would only stay standing….”
Thanks so much everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html