I was all set to complain, since it’s already nearly 3pm, I don’t have much of my day ahead of me anymore, lol! Then I thought, well, I do have some day still ahead me. That better mean something to me, or I’ve got other problems 😊
Other than sleeping an hour late (til 7), a very leisurely breakfast (my famous morning cereal w/more berries than whole wheat circles, ie, oats), we also went out to use valuable coupons – Sheila at Kohl’s (where I left her off), and me at Michael’s 👩🎤. Both are easy distance from the other and we each had a leisurely profitable (meaning got lots of goodies) shopping 😊 I’ll try and have some pics of my paints in tomorrow’s My Yesterday in Pictures.
And, despite it being mid to upper 80s, we’ve walked a few times and I look fwd to a cooler evening walk ❤️
Listening to the quiet this time around ☺️
Painting Experiment with Acrylics – Evening Walking into the Fog
Though in tiny steps, I continue to work my into developing my 1st acrylic since before 2000 when I switched to oils. I’m not giving up on oils, but rather expanding what I work with. It appears some artists are now laying in anything from a one layer base to an evolved in-lay before proceeding with oils on the same piece! I think the artist that first and most impacted me regarding working from acrylic to oils in one art work is Raphael Seygnovert. Here’s a link to one of his blog posts w/pics and commentary in both French & English – https://raphael-seygnovert.com/les-oiseaux-de-passage-huile-et-acrylique-etape-par-etape/ .
My plan for my current experiment is to do my ongoing piece start to finish in acrylic. Eventually, hopefully, or as commented to a fellow artist, if I don’t burn out, lol! Then, in a 2nd piece, work looser, and merge oil over acrylic, followed – maybe, hopefully, a 3rd related piece in oils. All from the same photo, but stylistically differing among the three. We’ll see 😊 Wish me lots of luck! ☺️
(walking the evening into fog)
I really like capturing evening and night shots. It’s not something I do a lot of, or get many good shots of either, lol! But I get a few, like my recent Paris floral among my floral shots of the last twenty years. And like last night on my walk.
My walk began in twilight, proceeded into night, and suddenly, with the temperature drop meeting the dew point, fog!
It’s a fun thing capturing the shift in light, and am very grateful to fellow blogger, Living the Dream via China (person, not the country 😊) for Reblogging my post! I’ve followed her posts for awhile now, and it’s amazing the variety and quality she picks out, so I feel very honored! ❤️
Note: pics of my acrylic painting experiment and my evening photography are in today’s My Yesterday in Pictures, Nov 29’19 – link listed automatically once posted, under my Category link —
Related Amazon Search & Products
My Art & Photography Materials, Supplies & Instructions Idea Page
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
Canon G9 Series Link
I do like to point out I pick my selections to showcase from my Amazon searches. May not always be the case, or wholly always the case, but for now, I prefer picking titles and book covers and gift items that just really appeal to me. There’s lots more to choose from, but only have so much room, lol! I hope you enjoy —
My Purchase & Wish List On Amazon 😊
My Related Blog Posts
My Latest Blog Posts
- July 31, 2021 – Prepping a New 16×20 Acrylic, Working Title : Testing the WaterThe initial goal was to simply select and mark the area for my figure. Then I freely applied Golden’s light molding paste, leaving the selected area for my figure much more level, and forming the paste into potentially vegetative designs as inspiration and malleable ground meshed —
- July 30, 2021 – What a Difference a New Keyboard Makes : LENRICH iPad pro 12.9 case with keyboardThis is an older now discontinued keyboard, but one of the few still available for my IPad Pro 2nd generation model (current model is 5th generation I believe), but I’m impressed with it enough to post about it and (if all continues well) my renewed ease of use not having to use the onscreen keyboard for blog posts, emails etc – that’s a big deal for me, lol! 😊
- July 29, 2021 – Whew! Yesterday Was a Day of Plowing Through, lol!Above is a picture of me November 2019 (notice the weather is warm but hot, finally 😊) and I look just a bit worn out? I’d just climbed the 218 steps to top of Old Baldy near Wimberley Texas! That’s kinda how I felt yesterday, only without as nice a view, lol! I’ll just say that….
- July 28, 2021 – New 25×40 #Acrylic on Canvas In-Progress : Barton Springs Greenbelt Indian SummerA chore heat filled day where my keyboard evidently is deciding it’s had it, lol! Hopefully I finish this post 😊 Basically I started the groundwork for my newest painting, acrylic, wanting to settle on my composition before hand, unlike how I handled my just finished watercolor, same size, where I inserted my figure at the end.
- July 27, 2021 – 4 Weeks Running! My Most Viewed Image For the Week @FineArtAmerica, Summer is a Lady : #Watercolor on Paper #ContemporaryImpressionismI’m sure I’ve had images repeat as most viewed 4 times in a row, but I wasn’t paying as much attention to that as I try to nowadays 😊 Summer is a Lady continues to simmer atop my selection of photos and artwork and illustrated poetry ♥️
- July 26, 2021 – Where I Left Off Before Our Trip, New #Watercolor on Canvas Completed : Barton Springs Greenbelt Indian SummerI just took another look at my newly completed painting (above) to try for some settled sentiment I can include for my post, and I do have that – some settled sentiment. I’m still digesting and assimilating what this new work means to me. Though I know it’s incomplete, because I also know this work is more a conscious marker of where I want to head, and feel compelled to head toward, I do have a grasp enough to point out some things that are making themselves more known to me.
- July 25, 2021 – Where I Left Off Before Our Trip, New Watercolor on Canvas in-progress, Developing the Right Figure to AddAs you can tell from my top pic, my efforts to progress from my value study and digital studies below are not going great, lol! I take solace from several things —
Thanks so much everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html