I was all set to complain, since it’s already nearly 3pm, I don’t have much of my day ahead of me anymore, lol! Then I thought, well, I do have some day still ahead me. That better mean something to me, or I’ve got other problems 😊
Other than sleeping an hour late (til 7), a very leisurely breakfast (my famous morning cereal w/more berries than whole wheat circles, ie, oats), we also went out to use valuable coupons – Sheila at Kohl’s (where I left her off), and me at Michael’s 👩🎤. Both are easy distance from the other and we each had a leisurely profitable (meaning got lots of goodies) shopping 😊 I’ll try and have some pics of my paints in tomorrow’s My Yesterday in Pictures.
And, despite it being mid to upper 80s, we’ve walked a few times and I look fwd to a cooler evening walk ❤️
Listening to the quiet this time around ☺️
Painting Experiment with Acrylics – Evening Walking into the Fog
Though in tiny steps, I continue to work my into developing my 1st acrylic since before 2000 when I switched to oils. I’m not giving up on oils, but rather expanding what I work with. It appears some artists are now laying in anything from a one layer base to an evolved in-lay before proceeding with oils on the same piece! I think the artist that first and most impacted me regarding working from acrylic to oils in one art work is Raphael Seygnovert. Here’s a link to one of his blog posts w/pics and commentary in both French & English – https://raphael-seygnovert.com/les-oiseaux-de-passage-huile-et-acrylique-etape-par-etape/ .
My plan for my current experiment is to do my ongoing piece start to finish in acrylic. Eventually, hopefully, or as commented to a fellow artist, if I don’t burn out, lol! Then, in a 2nd piece, work looser, and merge oil over acrylic, followed – maybe, hopefully, a 3rd related piece in oils. All from the same photo, but stylistically differing among the three. We’ll see 😊 Wish me lots of luck! ☺️
(walking the evening into fog)
I really like capturing evening and night shots. It’s not something I do a lot of, or get many good shots of either, lol! But I get a few, like my recent Paris floral among my floral shots of the last twenty years. And like last night on my walk.
My walk began in twilight, proceeded into night, and suddenly, with the temperature drop meeting the dew point, fog!
It’s a fun thing capturing the shift in light, and am very grateful to fellow blogger, Living the Dream via China (person, not the country 😊) for Reblogging my post! I’ve followed her posts for awhile now, and it’s amazing the variety and quality she picks out, so I feel very honored! ❤️
Note: pics of my acrylic painting experiment and my evening photography are in today’s My Yesterday in Pictures, Nov 29’19 – link listed automatically once posted, under my Category link —
Related Amazon Search & Products
My Art & Photography Materials, Supplies & Instructions Idea Page
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
Painting Instruction Videos https://amzn.to/2ZNgxfi
Painting Instruction Prime Video https://amzn.to/35oeMq2
I do like to point out I pick my selections to showcase from my Amazon searches. May not always be the case, or wholly always the case, but for now, I prefer picking titles and book covers and gift items that just really appeal to me. There’s lots more to choose from, but only have so much room, lol! I hope you enjoy —
My Purchase & Wish List On Amazon 😊
My Related Blog Posts
My Latest Blog Posts
- Progress Update Working with Golden Absorbent Ground and Fineline Masking Fluid, on The First Snow 01.25.20“Later, once the piece is done, the gloss isolation layer and matte varnish will have to protect paint and masking fluid. The glossy isolation layer preserves the colors, and the clear matte varnish protects against dust etc, but restores the surface feel and matte finish of the completed work – as I found out via … Read more
- Progress Update Working with Golden Absorbent Ground and Fineline Masking Fluid, on Violet Blooms 01.24.20“Turns out this method (for me) is also not 100% foolproof, at least in regard to getting the right areas masked, etc. But I really think this is more to do with a learning curve, both in regard to watercolor choices in general, and using masking fluid for and with those choices.”
- 7 Expert Tricks To Improve Your Author Newsletter | David Gaughran“There is so much more you can do with author newsletter these days beyond simply telling your fans that you have a new book.”
- Autumn Friends circa 1986 Acrylic ❤️ Adan’s PhotoPoems 💕PhotoPoem sayings 💕 Autumn Friends circa 1986 Acrylic – “We are mirrors…”
- On the Way to the Cantina by Tiffany Arp Daleo 😊“She often writes that she paints intuitively, from the heart, finding any suggestion of image within her process itself, an amazing feat I “sometimes” feel I pull off 😏 ”
- In the Egg # 2 by Francisco Bravo CabreraFrancisco is an exceptionally prolific artist, with work that ranges from lush to whimsical or elegant.
- Villa Ladera – Private Hillside Escape * Pura Vida in Costa Rica! ❤️“…absolutely gorgeous, with 3 bedrooms- all with their own huge bathroom and shower! The sparkling pool and the seating area is just perfect for grilling and hanging out. And the location??!! ITS a 1 MINUTE WALK TO THE MOST BEAUTIFUL BEACH AND DOZENS OF WONDERFUL RESTAURANTS!”
Thanks so much everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html