I was all set to complain, since it’s already nearly 3pm, I don’t have much of my day ahead of me anymore, lol! Then I thought, well, I do have some day still ahead me. That better mean something to me, or I’ve got other problems 😊
Other than sleeping an hour late (til 7), a very leisurely breakfast (my famous morning cereal w/more berries than whole wheat circles, ie, oats), we also went out to use valuable coupons – Sheila at Kohl’s (where I left her off), and me at Michael’s 👩🎤. Both are easy distance from the other and we each had a leisurely profitable (meaning got lots of goodies) shopping 😊 I’ll try and have some pics of my paints in tomorrow’s My Yesterday in Pictures.
And, despite it being mid to upper 80s, we’ve walked a few times and I look fwd to a cooler evening walk ❤️
Listening to the quiet this time around ☺️
Painting Experiment with Acrylics – Evening Walking into the Fog
Though in tiny steps, I continue to work my into developing my 1st acrylic since before 2000 when I switched to oils. I’m not giving up on oils, but rather expanding what I work with. It appears some artists are now laying in anything from a one layer base to an evolved in-lay before proceeding with oils on the same piece! I think the artist that first and most impacted me regarding working from acrylic to oils in one art work is Raphael Seygnovert. Here’s a link to one of his blog posts w/pics and commentary in both French & English – https://raphael-seygnovert.com/les-oiseaux-de-passage-huile-et-acrylique-etape-par-etape/ .
My plan for my current experiment is to do my ongoing piece start to finish in acrylic. Eventually, hopefully, or as commented to a fellow artist, if I don’t burn out, lol! Then, in a 2nd piece, work looser, and merge oil over acrylic, followed – maybe, hopefully, a 3rd related piece in oils. All from the same photo, but stylistically differing among the three. We’ll see 😊 Wish me lots of luck! ☺️
(walking the evening into fog)
I really like capturing evening and night shots. It’s not something I do a lot of, or get many good shots of either, lol! But I get a few, like my recent Paris floral among my floral shots of the last twenty years. And like last night on my walk.
My walk began in twilight, proceeded into night, and suddenly, with the temperature drop meeting the dew point, fog!
It’s a fun thing capturing the shift in light, and am very grateful to fellow blogger, Living the Dream via China (person, not the country 😊) for Reblogging my post! I’ve followed her posts for awhile now, and it’s amazing the variety and quality she picks out, so I feel very honored! ❤️
Note: pics of my acrylic painting experiment and my evening photography are in today’s My Yesterday in Pictures, Nov 29’19 – link listed automatically once posted, under my Category link —
Related Amazon Search & Products
My Art & Photography Materials, Supplies & Instructions Idea Page
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
Painting Instruction Videos https://amzn.to/2ZNgxfi
Painting Instruction Prime Video https://amzn.to/35oeMq2
Canon G9 Series Link
I do like to point out I pick my selections to showcase from my Amazon searches. May not always be the case, or wholly always the case, but for now, I prefer picking titles and book covers and gift items that just really appeal to me. There’s lots more to choose from, but only have so much room, lol! I hope you enjoy —
My Purchase & Wish List On Amazon 😊
My Related Blog Posts
My Latest Blog Posts
- January 15, 2021 – Placing a Few More WordAds in My Posts, For NowJust a quick post to let folks know I’ll have a few more WordAds in my posts. I’ve had one or so at or near the bottom of my posts, now I’ll also have one or more in the sidebar.
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number III.17.2“Arturo had arrived along this stretch of the Mediterranean with Rosetta less than a year ago….”
- January 14, 2021 – Grande Roue de Paris Night, Photography circa 2012, Adan’s PhotoPoemsGrande Roue de Paris Night, Photography – Adan’s PhotoPoems, “Reaching into the heights of night….”
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number III.17.1“Freshly bathed and dressed in the deep blues of the ocean night nearby, Arturo entered the main ballroom reserved for art shows, weddings, graduations, conventions, and political gatherings. Almost anything anyone could pay or trade for.”
- January 13, 2021 – Monet’s Garden April Rain in Giverny, Photo to Oil to Watercolors through Three Decades, Part 5 – (Non-Professional) Challenges Photographing Painting NuancesYesterday I posted a couple of my watercolor renditions of my mini-Monet’s Garden series of posts, but was immediately unhappy with how one of the two appeared on screen.
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number III.16.2“At the entrance to the grande fortress hotel, set from the beach to midway up the rough hill facing the ocean….”
- January 12, 2021 – Monet’s Garden April Rain in Giverny, Photo to Oil to Watercolors through Three Decades, Part 4 – Learning Lessons Doing Repetition VariationsPreviously, in Part 3 of this mini series, I showcased my 1st watercolor (seen below) keyed off an original oil of 2001, itself keyed off an original photo of the same year.
Thanks so much everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html