I was all set to complain, since it’s already nearly 3pm, I don’t have much of my day ahead of me anymore, lol! Then I thought, well, I do have some day still ahead me. That better mean something to me, or I’ve got other problems 😊
Other than sleeping an hour late (til 7), a very leisurely breakfast (my famous morning cereal w/more berries than whole wheat circles, ie, oats), we also went out to use valuable coupons – Sheila at Kohl’s (where I left her off), and me at Michael’s 👩🎤. Both are easy distance from the other and we each had a leisurely profitable (meaning got lots of goodies) shopping 😊 I’ll try and have some pics of my paints in tomorrow’s My Yesterday in Pictures.
And, despite it being mid to upper 80s, we’ve walked a few times and I look fwd to a cooler evening walk ❤️
Listening to the quiet this time around ☺️
Painting Experiment with Acrylics – Evening Walking into the Fog
Though in tiny steps, I continue to work my into developing my 1st acrylic since before 2000 when I switched to oils. I’m not giving up on oils, but rather expanding what I work with. It appears some artists are now laying in anything from a one layer base to an evolved in-lay before proceeding with oils on the same piece! I think the artist that first and most impacted me regarding working from acrylic to oils in one art work is Raphael Seygnovert. Here’s a link to one of his blog posts w/pics and commentary in both French & English – https://raphael-seygnovert.com/les-oiseaux-de-passage-huile-et-acrylique-etape-par-etape/ .
My plan for my current experiment is to do my ongoing piece start to finish in acrylic. Eventually, hopefully, or as commented to a fellow artist, if I don’t burn out, lol! Then, in a 2nd piece, work looser, and merge oil over acrylic, followed – maybe, hopefully, a 3rd related piece in oils. All from the same photo, but stylistically differing among the three. We’ll see 😊 Wish me lots of luck! ☺️
(walking the evening into fog)
I really like capturing evening and night shots. It’s not something I do a lot of, or get many good shots of either, lol! But I get a few, like my recent Paris floral among my floral shots of the last twenty years. And like last night on my walk.
My walk began in twilight, proceeded into night, and suddenly, with the temperature drop meeting the dew point, fog!
It’s a fun thing capturing the shift in light, and am very grateful to fellow blogger, Living the Dream via China (person, not the country 😊) for Reblogging my post! I’ve followed her posts for awhile now, and it’s amazing the variety and quality she picks out, so I feel very honored! ❤️
Note: pics of my acrylic painting experiment and my evening photography are in today’s My Yesterday in Pictures, Nov 29’19 – link listed automatically once posted, under my Category link —
Related Amazon Search & Products
My Art & Photography Materials, Supplies & Instructions Idea Page
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
Canon G9 Series Link
I do like to point out I pick my selections to showcase from my Amazon searches. May not always be the case, or wholly always the case, but for now, I prefer picking titles and book covers and gift items that just really appeal to me. There’s lots more to choose from, but only have so much room, lol! I hope you enjoy —
My Purchase & Wish List On Amazon 😊
My Related Blog Posts
My Latest Blog Posts
- April 14, 2021 – The Unintended SculptureAttractive as it is – the modeled plastic cup/drink container – it was an accidental sculpture courtesy of our dishwasher, lol!
- April 13, 2021 – Moving in Our 70s During Covid – Removing Pictures from the WallsYesterday was a small but significant day in our move-prep days, I took down the remainder of our paintings and pictures from the walls.
- April 12, 2021 – My Most Viewed Image This Week @FineArtAmerica, Inspiring Gift Writing, “Volleyball Setter Poster 2”It’s very neat to see my new visual design for Volleyball Setter hit the mark of most-seen last week at Fine Art America!
- April 11, 2021 – Poetry Titles and Covers That Caught my Eye on AmazonI was tweeting some poetry titles I’d found & liked on Amazon and thought, a short tweet string of some of these might be interesting….
- April 10, 2021 – Interesting Tweets This WeekBelow are random tweets I liked for some reason – uplifting, funny, inspiring, informative, hopeful, pretty..something good or encouraging at the least 😊
- April 09, 2021 – Volleyball Blocker Poster, My Newest #Sports Gift Upload @FineArtAmericaQuick post to let folks know the 3rd of my seven Volleyball theme posters, Volleyball Blocker, is now available on Fine Art America as both prints and gift items!
- April 09, 2021 – Reading “How to Paint Like Turner” – Stirring Vestiges Inside Me I’d Almost Forgotten or Thrown AwayI bought this book because it has good reviews re seeing “how” JMW Turner evolved – his whole artistic life it appears – as an artist absorbed in the creative process.
Thanks so much everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html