My Yesterday in Pictures Format
I’ve simply built my daily walking & painting up to the point where I need the time for these two vital parts of keeping me healthy and/or sane, lol!
Plus, instead of having to work images into the My Day Ahead series posts, this new series will enable me to keep those as pure text, and supplement with images from a variety of possibilities here. It’s an experiment of course, so we’ll see 😊
Experimenting With Acrylics, cont’d 😊
So, even though I’m trying to be as meticulous as I can, lol! — I’m already reshaping the background just a bit. The photo crop from a previous post (I brought out the shadows via the iPhone’s photo edit tools for the demo) shows (esp if you magnify your screen) a subtle but distinctly lighter triangular area in the top right corner.
Now, a nice thing I’ve always like about acrylics is, it’s a lot easier to simply cover a color over once it’s dry, vs oils. That said, I still felt myself going into dangerous design ground, ie, I might simply just be screwing up the picture, lol! Still. I liked putting a curve into the triangulated right corner.
I was already trying to visualize how I wanted this to flow, not something I usually give much thought to, relying on my instincts and intuition, yeah, I know, good luck w/that!
But I’d already wanted the brush strokes of what’ll be the black or very dark background to flow around the flowers, and that led to feeling the hard left bottom facing edge of the triangle top right simply also need to curve. Makes sense, doesn’t mean it’ll work 😏 We’ll see 😊
So using the left over paint from top right (gosh I’d forgotten how fast acrylics dry!) I sketched in flow lines as seen above. Now it’s a nice mess, lol!
Believe me, I thought ‘bout how “maybe” I shoulda done the background 1st (which I usually do), but I also remembered how so many pieces I created I wished I’d been able to not have the back ground texture run through my foreground elements, like in this case, the flowers. A lot of times counter or background texture running through a foreground pictures works fine, actually adding an intriguing sort of interest – like, how the heck that happen 😊 like w/my Autumn Friends painting from the 80s. But in this case, I really would like to see how this might come out if I can get the flowers the way I really want, with a certain smoothness to the petals ☺️
Definitely, wish me luck ❤️
Evening Walk into Fog
Well, I had a lot to say on the 1st 3 pics above, but this’ll be short, but not too sweet, not like some of my recent holidays treats I’ve stashed away for “now & then” lol!
My evening walk started soon as the rain let up. I put on a coat but had to unzip it as I went. Mild cool and wet, the last of the autumn leaves letting the last of the light let them sparkle one more night ❤️
Within fifteen minutes it was dark.
And in another five, fogged in. It was a distinctly left-over Halloween look I think! But kinda cool too 😊 Weatherman this evening, after I came in, showed a cam-view of downtown Austin & he was having trouble identifying the street he was pointing!
I didn’t reach 7500 again tonight, though much better than on Turkey Day. That’s ok. Like I’ve mentioned before, the key is overall consistency, requiring reasonableness for me now at my age vs brute adherence, lol! And again, more importantly, getting that walking time after eating, as per my WebMD reblog!
And it is possible to cross train, as an alternative, and actually good most the time, but caution, always caution w/absolute drives of busyness, at least for me. Just look what I get into just w/my art, lol! Take care everyone! ❤️
My Day Ahead series posts elaborate on both my day ahead & the day past, my yesterday.
My Day Ahead for Saturday, Nov 30, posts well after this post, and may carry a bit more commentary about the images above. It’ll also automatically show up via the link above when posted – thanks everyone!
My Photography & Art Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- September 22, 2021 – Walking in Dappled Light Study 1, #Watercolor on Paper; 1st Paint Lay-in with Masking FluidAt 9×12 on 140lb x watercolor paper, I was able to use my brushes fairly effectively where I wanted them, and applied some Turner masking fluid (with a thin palette knife) “fairly” easy. And yes, some foot proportions are off a bit, lol, and her back blouse almost looks like it’s the front, but all in not too bad toward my primary priority – quickly achieve some degree of dappling look. Once the masking fluid comes off though, it could be very different….
- September 21, 2021 – Initial Review of “Breath: The New Science of a Lost Art” by James NestorI’d been doing a day to day posting of a continuing study-sketch project with figures in a watercolor landscape and ran into a time roadblock – grandchild, groceries, fitness (walking, yoga, Essentrics), picking up line art to practice-paint at my printer, etc 😊 and wasn’t able to wiggle any more time to work on that project and write about it, so… I took a deep breath and picked up a book (virtually, via my Kindle Reader, lol!) The editorial reviews often mentioned this read like a novel & my intro and beginning pages already confirm that.
- September 20, 2021 – Dappled Light, “Figures in a Landscape Study” Still Not Done, But, Already a Learning Tool For Me!“Learning Tool for Me” is part of my blog title today simply ’cause I’ve looking at this post as specifically geared to get me where I wanna go – keeping in mind my destination is a generalized abstraction of image / feeling / and intuitive aspiration (hopefully including figurative work) & it’s reached a point of development over my previous renditions that I now need to put my resolve into concrete, hopefully creative, useful thoughts for my future directions. Lot of contradictions. Like life. Like me 😊 Here goes (for now) —
- September 19, 2021 – Dappled Light, “Figures in a Landscape Study” ContinuedJust a quick post updating yesterday’s release showing what I’ve changed/added on to a watercolor on paper I’d 1st posted about on Sept 7th…A bigger factor in today’s image update is the addition of more “white”.
- September 18, 2021 – Dapple Light, My Creative Conundrum and CaldronMy regular readers know I’ve been more and more attracted to the idea of being able to paint dappled light, consciously, and hopefully, eventually more spontaneously. I titled my post to include both “conundrum” – which I kept misspelling til I looked it up 😊 – and “caldron” – which I keep feeling my creative heart and mind are swimming in (over their heads) lol!
- September 17, 2021 – New Most Viewed Image For the Week @FineArtAmerica, “Fantasy Walk” : Watercolor on Canvas on Light Molding Paste, #ContemporaryImpressionismSome times, some days, the little things, like the big things, if they are good and hopeful, then they are helpful.
- September 16, 2021 – Reblog(s) : Graham McQuade, Benchmarks 1 & 2 (Acrylic Painting) #figureartThis necessarily (on my part) a short post due to some time constraints, although I should add, Graham’s posts will be a quick read. They’re short, tight with information. What will take a little time, if you notice the time 😊 is….
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
Thanks everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html