My Yesterday in Pictures Format
I’ve simply built my daily walking & painting up to the point where I need the time for these two vital parts of keeping me healthy and/or sane, lol!
Plus, instead of having to work images into the My Day Ahead series posts, this new series will enable me to keep those as pure text, and supplement with images from a variety of possibilities here. It’s an experiment of course, so we’ll see 😊
Experimenting With Acrylics, cont’d 😊
So, even though I’m trying to be as meticulous as I can, lol! — I’m already reshaping the background just a bit. The photo crop from a previous post (I brought out the shadows via the iPhone’s photo edit tools for the demo) shows (esp if you magnify your screen) a subtle but distinctly lighter triangular area in the top right corner.
Now, a nice thing I’ve always like about acrylics is, it’s a lot easier to simply cover a color over once it’s dry, vs oils. That said, I still felt myself going into dangerous design ground, ie, I might simply just be screwing up the picture, lol! Still. I liked putting a curve into the triangulated right corner.
I was already trying to visualize how I wanted this to flow, not something I usually give much thought to, relying on my instincts and intuition, yeah, I know, good luck w/that!
But I’d already wanted the brush strokes of what’ll be the black or very dark background to flow around the flowers, and that led to feeling the hard left bottom facing edge of the triangle top right simply also need to curve. Makes sense, doesn’t mean it’ll work 😏 We’ll see 😊
So using the left over paint from top right (gosh I’d forgotten how fast acrylics dry!) I sketched in flow lines as seen above. Now it’s a nice mess, lol!
Believe me, I thought ‘bout how “maybe” I shoulda done the background 1st (which I usually do), but I also remembered how so many pieces I created I wished I’d been able to not have the back ground texture run through my foreground elements, like in this case, the flowers. A lot of times counter or background texture running through a foreground pictures works fine, actually adding an intriguing sort of interest – like, how the heck that happen 😊 like w/my Autumn Friends painting from the 80s. But in this case, I really would like to see how this might come out if I can get the flowers the way I really want, with a certain smoothness to the petals ☺️
Definitely, wish me luck ❤️
Evening Walk into Fog
Well, I had a lot to say on the 1st 3 pics above, but this’ll be short, but not too sweet, not like some of my recent holidays treats I’ve stashed away for “now & then” lol!
My evening walk started soon as the rain let up. I put on a coat but had to unzip it as I went. Mild cool and wet, the last of the autumn leaves letting the last of the light let them sparkle one more night ❤️
Within fifteen minutes it was dark.
And in another five, fogged in. It was a distinctly left-over Halloween look I think! But kinda cool too 😊 Weatherman this evening, after I came in, showed a cam-view of downtown Austin & he was having trouble identifying the street he was pointing!
I didn’t reach 7500 again tonight, though much better than on Turkey Day. That’s ok. Like I’ve mentioned before, the key is overall consistency, requiring reasonableness for me now at my age vs brute adherence, lol! And again, more importantly, getting that walking time after eating, as per my WebMD reblog!
And it is possible to cross train, as an alternative, and actually good most the time, but caution, always caution w/absolute drives of busyness, at least for me. Just look what I get into just w/my art, lol! Take care everyone! ❤️
My Day Ahead series posts elaborate on both my day ahead & the day past, my yesterday.
My Day Ahead for Saturday, Nov 30, posts well after this post, and may carry a bit more commentary about the images above. It’ll also automatically show up via the link above when posted – thanks everyone!
My Photography & Art Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
Painting Instruction Videos https://amzn.to/2ZNgxfi
Painting Instruction Prime Video https://amzn.to/35oeMq2
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- Progress Update Working with Golden Absorbent Ground and Fineline Masking Fluid, on The First Snow 01.25.20“Later, once the piece is done, the gloss isolation layer and matte varnish will have to protect paint and masking fluid. The glossy isolation layer preserves the colors, and the clear matte varnish protects against dust etc, but restores the surface feel and matte finish of the completed work – as I found out via … Read more
- Progress Update Working with Golden Absorbent Ground and Fineline Masking Fluid, on Violet Blooms 01.24.20“Turns out this method (for me) is also not 100% foolproof, at least in regard to getting the right areas masked, etc. But I really think this is more to do with a learning curve, both in regard to watercolor choices in general, and using masking fluid for and with those choices.”
- 7 Expert Tricks To Improve Your Author Newsletter | David Gaughran“There is so much more you can do with author newsletter these days beyond simply telling your fans that you have a new book.”
- Autumn Friends circa 1986 Acrylic ❤️ Adan’s PhotoPoems 💕PhotoPoem sayings 💕 Autumn Friends circa 1986 Acrylic – “We are mirrors…”
- On the Way to the Cantina by Tiffany Arp Daleo 😊“She often writes that she paints intuitively, from the heart, finding any suggestion of image within her process itself, an amazing feat I “sometimes” feel I pull off 😏 ”
- In the Egg # 2 by Francisco Bravo CabreraFrancisco is an exceptionally prolific artist, with work that ranges from lush to whimsical or elegant.
- Villa Ladera – Private Hillside Escape * Pura Vida in Costa Rica! ❤️“…absolutely gorgeous, with 3 bedrooms- all with their own huge bathroom and shower! The sparkling pool and the seating area is just perfect for grilling and hanging out. And the location??!! ITS a 1 MINUTE WALK TO THE MOST BEAUTIFUL BEACH AND DOZENS OF WONDERFUL RESTAURANTS!”
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
Thanks everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html