My Yesterday in Pictures Format
I’ve simply built my daily walking & painting up to the point where I need the time for these two vital parts of keeping me healthy and/or sane, lol!
Plus, instead of having to work images into the My Day Ahead series posts, this new series will enable me to keep those as pure text, and supplement with images from a variety of possibilities here. It’s an experiment of course, so we’ll see 😊
Experimenting With Acrylics, cont’d 😊
So, even though I’m trying to be as meticulous as I can, lol! — I’m already reshaping the background just a bit. The photo crop from a previous post (I brought out the shadows via the iPhone’s photo edit tools for the demo) shows (esp if you magnify your screen) a subtle but distinctly lighter triangular area in the top right corner.
Now, a nice thing I’ve always like about acrylics is, it’s a lot easier to simply cover a color over once it’s dry, vs oils. That said, I still felt myself going into dangerous design ground, ie, I might simply just be screwing up the picture, lol! Still. I liked putting a curve into the triangulated right corner.
I was already trying to visualize how I wanted this to flow, not something I usually give much thought to, relying on my instincts and intuition, yeah, I know, good luck w/that!
But I’d already wanted the brush strokes of what’ll be the black or very dark background to flow around the flowers, and that led to feeling the hard left bottom facing edge of the triangle top right simply also need to curve. Makes sense, doesn’t mean it’ll work 😏 We’ll see 😊
So using the left over paint from top right (gosh I’d forgotten how fast acrylics dry!) I sketched in flow lines as seen above. Now it’s a nice mess, lol!
Believe me, I thought ‘bout how “maybe” I shoulda done the background 1st (which I usually do), but I also remembered how so many pieces I created I wished I’d been able to not have the back ground texture run through my foreground elements, like in this case, the flowers. A lot of times counter or background texture running through a foreground pictures works fine, actually adding an intriguing sort of interest – like, how the heck that happen 😊 like w/my Autumn Friends painting from the 80s. But in this case, I really would like to see how this might come out if I can get the flowers the way I really want, with a certain smoothness to the petals ☺️
Definitely, wish me luck ❤️
Evening Walk into Fog
Well, I had a lot to say on the 1st 3 pics above, but this’ll be short, but not too sweet, not like some of my recent holidays treats I’ve stashed away for “now & then” lol!
My evening walk started soon as the rain let up. I put on a coat but had to unzip it as I went. Mild cool and wet, the last of the autumn leaves letting the last of the light let them sparkle one more night ❤️
Within fifteen minutes it was dark.
And in another five, fogged in. It was a distinctly left-over Halloween look I think! But kinda cool too 😊 Weatherman this evening, after I came in, showed a cam-view of downtown Austin & he was having trouble identifying the street he was pointing!
I didn’t reach 7500 again tonight, though much better than on Turkey Day. That’s ok. Like I’ve mentioned before, the key is overall consistency, requiring reasonableness for me now at my age vs brute adherence, lol! And again, more importantly, getting that walking time after eating, as per my WebMD reblog!
And it is possible to cross train, as an alternative, and actually good most the time, but caution, always caution w/absolute drives of busyness, at least for me. Just look what I get into just w/my art, lol! Take care everyone! ❤️
My Day Ahead series posts elaborate on both my day ahead & the day past, my yesterday.
My Day Ahead for Saturday, Nov 30, posts well after this post, and may carry a bit more commentary about the images above. It’ll also automatically show up via the link above when posted – thanks everyone!
My Photography & Art Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
Painting Instruction Videos https://amzn.to/2ZNgxfi
Painting Instruction Prime Video https://amzn.to/35oeMq2
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- Aging Through Covid-19, March 31, 2020My walking, which was beginning to suffer because of pain in my legs, esp at night, has been incredibly helped by some simple shin splits stretches. The hardest part is holding the stretch for 30 seconds, lol!
- Aging Through Covid-19, March 30, 2020Though generally healthy, but in the target age group for most vulnerable, Sheila and I had early on began practicing social distancing. We also ate well, better even. More veggies. More sleep – can’t tell you what a blessing that’s been for me, lol! 😊
- New SilverSneakers Exercise Streaming Opportunity on Facebook Monday 03.23.20 10:30 CSTI’m glad SilverSneakers has already added/scheduled a followup to this week’s initial live class stream – very much looking forward to it! 💕
- Update / Review : SilverSneakers Exercise Streaming Opportunity on Facebook Thursday 03.19.20Jenny, the instructor, carried all the energy and humor and relatedness that can only be found in a live class, and only surpassed by a live class of the same caliber teacher but with equally real time feedback to the participants in the class.
- SilverSneakers Exercise Streaming Opportunity on Facebook Thursday 03.19.20At a time when so many resources are being curtailed, and much needed other health resources are just beginning to be provided, it’s good, and very welcome, that such a solid standby for seniors as SilverSneakers is providing this.
- Flowering at Dawn – New Watercolor with Absorbent Ground Painting Progress Update 03.13.20 Plus Thoughts on the Virus Crisis 😊Having interests, passions even, one can pursue, and let’s say pursue relatively easily, is important for everyone, but especially, I think, for young children and for older adults. I’ll let each person decide what an older adult, or a young child, lol, is, age-wise 💕
- Adan’s Fine Art America Images # 12 – Snow Waterfront Park Walk, Digital Art Photography circa 2016From archival prints to yoga mats and coffee mugs, see it all here – Snow Waterfront Park Walk ©Felipe Adan Lerma https://felipeadan-lerma.pixels.com/featured/snow-waterfront-park-walk-felipe-adan-lerma.html
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
Thanks everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html