Today’ll be my longest time yet at the Old Bakery & Emporium.
50+ artists and myself are bringing in over 150 art pieces: 2D, sculpture, jewelry and much more, all created by fellow artists like myself age 50+ and living in the Austin area. This will be our December gallery show til beginning of 2020 😊
The reason this’ll be so long for me is, several of us are working the intake and hanging of the show! I hope to take pics to post in tomorrow’s My Yesterday in Pictures. But first, I gotta gird myself for not only the drive into and back from downtown, lol! – but also for the kind of exertion something like this is gonna take. I’ve done enough of these in the past to know the chaos, confusion, and attention whiplash to expect. What I don’t know what to expect is doing something at this scale (vs 2-3 artists with their prepared picture lists etc) in years, and, after my two surgeries. Well. We’ll see; I’m hopeful ☺️
Sheila’s already planned a goodie bag of energy bars, banana, nut mix, and anything else I’m willing to take in & think I can consume, lol! And she’s preparing an early lunch for me! She also wanted to fix me a salad or such but there’ll be no time to sit (or stand) and eat. Just gonna have to – do it!
Then Friday evening’s the reception, and, right now, looks like we’ll be able to take the 6 year old. That’d definitely be a treat 😊 We’ve always had a good time at the Bakery’s receptions, lol!
And, today is also my oldest girl’s birthday ❤️
A lot in the mix. If I can hold up today, even if I’m trashed and have to really rest tomorrow, that’ll be a biggie….
Best look at yesterday’s pic of a weird temperature co-incidence between Austin & Paris, plus pics of my acrylic painting experiment is in My Yesterday in Pictures, Dec 03’19 – link listed automatically once posted, under my Category link —
Related Amazon Search & Products
I do like to point out I pick my selections to showcase from my Amazon searches. May not always be the case, or wholly always the case, but for now, I prefer picking titles and book covers and gift items that just really appeal to me. There’s lots more to choose from, but only have so much room, lol! I hope you enjoy —
My Purchase & Wish List On Amazon 😊
My Related Blog Posts
My Latest Blog Posts
- February 27, 2021 – (Manageable) Adverse Reaction After My 1st of 2 Covid Shots + Info re Reporting Adverse Reaction InfoIt’s been an interesting slight roller coaster for me since getting my 1st of 2 Moderna Covid shots recently!
- February 26, 2021 – Day After Our 1st of 2 Covid Shots + Info re 2nd ShotThe young lady above fared fairly well 1st day after our 1st of 2 Moderna Covid shots 😊 A sore arm, a little tired, but able and willing to do today’s SilverSneakers Cardio class! Me? Well 😏
- February 25, 2021 – Got Our 1st of 2 Covid Shots Today!Reposting my FB post here…And a bit more info in general below my pic 😊
- February 25, 2021 – Austin Winter Storm, Is It a Wrap?Is our #TexasFreeze winter storm over? A wrap? Done and ready to be forgotten?
- February 24, 2021 – The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number I.2.1 – with CommentaryI’ve no real idea if this is common, a little common, or just plain uncommon, lol, to other artists.
- February 23, 2021 – Texas Hill Country November – circa 2021 Watercolor – Adan’s PhotoPoemsThough an abstract, I think one of the things I like best about Texas Hill Country November, is it captures a little of the sense of the authentic the Texas landscaped outside….
- February 22, 2021 – Austin Winter Storm, Power is On, Water is Running, Boil Ban is Canceled, and – I Shaved!It’s hard to express the relief in again having the taken-for-granted luxury of running water, power to heat and cool our air and bodies, and being able to stand with family, even if for a short time, even if we knew we’d all four had to have been social distancing / masking – even if out doors in our relatively fresh Austin city air.
Thanks so much everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html