Today’ll be my longest time yet at the Old Bakery & Emporium.
50+ artists and myself are bringing in over 150 art pieces: 2D, sculpture, jewelry and much more, all created by fellow artists like myself age 50+ and living in the Austin area. This will be our December gallery show til beginning of 2020 😊
The reason this’ll be so long for me is, several of us are working the intake and hanging of the show! I hope to take pics to post in tomorrow’s My Yesterday in Pictures. But first, I gotta gird myself for not only the drive into and back from downtown, lol! – but also for the kind of exertion something like this is gonna take. I’ve done enough of these in the past to know the chaos, confusion, and attention whiplash to expect. What I don’t know what to expect is doing something at this scale (vs 2-3 artists with their prepared picture lists etc) in years, and, after my two surgeries. Well. We’ll see; I’m hopeful ☺️
Sheila’s already planned a goodie bag of energy bars, banana, nut mix, and anything else I’m willing to take in & think I can consume, lol! And she’s preparing an early lunch for me! She also wanted to fix me a salad or such but there’ll be no time to sit (or stand) and eat. Just gonna have to – do it!
Then Friday evening’s the reception, and, right now, looks like we’ll be able to take the 6 year old. That’d definitely be a treat 😊 We’ve always had a good time at the Bakery’s receptions, lol!
And, today is also my oldest girl’s birthday ❤️
A lot in the mix. If I can hold up today, even if I’m trashed and have to really rest tomorrow, that’ll be a biggie….
Best look at yesterday’s pic of a weird temperature co-incidence between Austin & Paris, plus pics of my acrylic painting experiment is in My Yesterday in Pictures, Dec 03’19 – link listed automatically once posted, under my Category link —
Related Amazon Search & Products
I do like to point out I pick my selections to showcase from my Amazon searches. May not always be the case, or wholly always the case, but for now, I prefer picking titles and book covers and gift items that just really appeal to me. There’s lots more to choose from, but only have so much room, lol! I hope you enjoy —
My Purchase & Wish List On Amazon 😊
My Related Blog Posts
My Latest Blog Posts
- Aging Through Covid-19, May 27, 2020Personal Transitions During Stay-at-Home Distancing No BIG in the typical sense of what I tend to think “big” life change/transitions are, but with no blog post for 5 or 6 days, I gave up figuring out the exact # of days, lol, I felt compelled to say a little something.
- Aging Through Covid-19, May 26, 2020Photo Lessons for Dummies by BE KITSCHIG is a superb humor laden look at the all too common pitfalls and inadvertent mistakes we all non-professionals make with our cameras 😂
- A Walk Among the WildFlowers – New Watercolor on Absorbent Ground, May 2020As one can tell by my photo below, I took a few liberties, but to some extent, that happens whether I plan it or not, lol 😂 But I like the result too much to alter anything on it. Another version, another time, will elicit a different response, and I do think this is one motif I’ll want to do more of, vs variations for just practice 😊
- Aging Through Covid-19, May 20, 2020A bit of news out of my home state of Texas. For the past decade, the two main political parties of that state have battled in and out of court in regard to things vote related. Actually seemingly everything vote related, lol!
- Covid-19 Visit to Lady Bird Wildflower Center May 2020 💐First trip I can think of for Sheila & myself, much less with Max, since maybe pre-Covid! 💕 Short, less than 2 hours, and less than 15 minutes from home, but what a treat! 😊
- Aging Through Covid-19, May 18, 2020A superb article, mostly for two reasons. One, it covers a huge range of our everyday activities. Two, it differentiates into most the activities, delineating what makes it risky or less so, in general.
- Aging Through Covid-19, May 17, 2020The current work, for now titled Dancing Free, below the Paris painting, shows how the transparent ground “clouds up”, creating the soft streaking across the black gesso.
Thanks so much everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html