My Yesterday in Pictures Format
I’ve simply built my daily walking & painting up to the point where I need the time for these two vital parts of keeping me healthy and/or sane, lol!
My Day Ahead series posts will continue, but on a much more intermittent basis. Already it seems some of that series’ usefulness is being incorporated into this new series’ format, me yakking ‘bout what when on, on the yesterday part of my life anyway, lol! It’s a continuing experiment of course, so we’ll see 😊
Setting Up the Austin Area Artists’ 2019 Show at the Old Bakery & Emporium ❤️
I was there a bit early since I was to help with the art take-in, 52 artists with over 150 pieces art! Half a dozen ladies, along with the curator, Kay, seen below in the light color top hanging the red-yellow floral w/blue background, already had hung a few early birds’ pictures. Plus, they had tables and supplies and check-in sheets all lined up and ready. Kay had two pedestals ready for me when my work arrived.
The right two pieces are 11×14 metal pieces of two of my photos, Austin Pink Sunset and White Blue Cluster. The original is an 18×24 2006 very thick texture oil, Hackberries 😊
Above, are Kay and other ladies hanging 3 works on a line, the only way to fit 150 pieces of art in the space! And incredible accomplishment!
And some of the art pieces simply took some doing! But there were lots of folks to help out —
Resulting in art filled walls!
After several hours, it was time for a well earned break – salads and subs 😊
Then back to receive the final legs of deliveries from the 52 Austin area artists who were lucky to choose to participate in this year’s Christmas show….
By the time I was ready to head back home, only the final hallways of art remained to be finished. Kay, the Bakery’s curator is to the right, and J, the director had just passed by with good words and was headed to check the downstairs gallerit’s and gift rooms.
Friday, we all return for the show’s reception, 5-7 pm. Sheila and I are hoping to have the grandson w/us ❤️ That’s when we relax, eat from among the treats we’re all bringing, and just have a good time 💕
If you would like to visit the Old Bakery& Emporium, or inquire about showing your art or hand crafted items, please call 512.974.1300, or follow the links below —
1006 Congress Ave, Austin Texas
Open Tue-Sat, 9am-4pm
All in all, it was an exhausting yet very fulfilling day ☺️
Thanks so much everyone! I hope to have pics of Friday’s reception too!!
My Day Ahead series posts, an intermittent series, elaborates on both my day ahead & the day past, my yesterday 😊
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products For This Post
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
Painting Instruction Videos https://amzn.to/2ZNgxfi
Painting Instruction Prime Video https://amzn.to/35oeMq2
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- Adan’s Product Reviews on Amazon – Watercolour Flower Painting Workshop (Collins Painting Workshop) by Hazel Soan (Book, Paper Edition)“Just beginning to use watercolors, and having seen Hazel Soan’s watercolor video on Prime Video, I knew I wanted one of her books. Though an older work, 1999 I believe, the information and images are timeless. The images themselves are stunning, stopped my wife in her tracks when I was browsing through the book 😊”
- Progress Update Working with Golden Absorbent Ground and Fineline Masking Fluid, on The First Snow 01.25.20“Later, once the piece is done, the gloss isolation layer and matte varnish will have to protect paint and masking fluid. The glossy isolation layer preserves the colors, and the clear matte varnish protects against dust etc, but restores the surface feel and matte finish of the completed work – as I found out via … Read more
- Progress Update Working with Golden Absorbent Ground and Fineline Masking Fluid, on Violet Blooms 01.24.20“Turns out this method (for me) is also not 100% foolproof, at least in regard to getting the right areas masked, etc. But I really think this is more to do with a learning curve, both in regard to watercolor choices in general, and using masking fluid for and with those choices.”
- 7 Expert Tricks To Improve Your Author Newsletter | David Gaughran“There is so much more you can do with author newsletter these days beyond simply telling your fans that you have a new book.”
- Autumn Friends circa 1986 Acrylic ❤️ Adan’s PhotoPoems 💕PhotoPoem sayings 💕 Autumn Friends circa 1986 Acrylic – “We are mirrors…”
- On the Way to the Cantina by Tiffany Arp Daleo 😊“She often writes that she paints intuitively, from the heart, finding any suggestion of image within her process itself, an amazing feat I “sometimes” feel I pull off 😏 ”
- In the Egg # 2 by Francisco Bravo CabreraFrancisco is an exceptionally prolific artist, with work that ranges from lush to whimsical or elegant.
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
Thanks everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html