My Yesterday in Pictures Format
I’ve simply built my daily walking & painting up to the point where I need the time for these two vital parts of keeping me healthy and/or sane, lol!
My Day Ahead series posts will continue, but on a much more intermittent basis. Already it seems some of that series’ usefulness is being incorporated into this new series’ format, me yakking ‘bout what when on, on the yesterday part of my life anyway, lol! It’s a continuing experiment of course, so we’ll see 😊
Setting Up the Austin Area Artists’ 2019 Show at the Old Bakery & Emporium ❤️
I was there a bit early since I was to help with the art take-in, 52 artists with over 150 pieces art! Half a dozen ladies, along with the curator, Kay, seen below in the light color top hanging the red-yellow floral w/blue background, already had hung a few early birds’ pictures. Plus, they had tables and supplies and check-in sheets all lined up and ready. Kay had two pedestals ready for me when my work arrived.
The right two pieces are 11×14 metal pieces of two of my photos, Austin Pink Sunset and White Blue Cluster. The original is an 18×24 2006 very thick texture oil, Hackberries 😊
Above, are Kay and other ladies hanging 3 works on a line, the only way to fit 150 pieces of art in the space! And incredible accomplishment!
And some of the art pieces simply took some doing! But there were lots of folks to help out —
Resulting in art filled walls!
After several hours, it was time for a well earned break – salads and subs 😊
Then back to receive the final legs of deliveries from the 52 Austin area artists who were lucky to choose to participate in this year’s Christmas show….
By the time I was ready to head back home, only the final hallways of art remained to be finished. Kay, the Bakery’s curator is to the right, and J, the director had just passed by with good words and was headed to check the downstairs gallerit’s and gift rooms.
Friday, we all return for the show’s reception, 5-7 pm. Sheila and I are hoping to have the grandson w/us ❤️ That’s when we relax, eat from among the treats we’re all bringing, and just have a good time 💕
If you would like to visit the Old Bakery& Emporium, or inquire about showing your art or hand crafted items, please call 512.974.1300, or follow the links below —
1006 Congress Ave, Austin Texas
Open Tue-Sat, 9am-4pm
All in all, it was an exhausting yet very fulfilling day ☺️
Thanks so much everyone! I hope to have pics of Friday’s reception too!!
My Day Ahead series posts, an intermittent series, elaborates on both my day ahead & the day past, my yesterday 😊
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products For This Post
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
Painting Instruction Videos https://amzn.to/2ZNgxfi
Painting Instruction Prime Video https://amzn.to/35oeMq2
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- Happy Thanksgiving 2020Happy Thanksgiving 2020! Though we’ve obviously many many challenges and problems, we’ve also much to be grateful for.
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number III.3.2“Gently, he rubbed at a few spots he knew were extra tough, noticing a tender lone hair nearby….”
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number III.3.1“Face held still, eyes wide open, Arturo examined his features and almost grizzly, mostly grey beard in the ancient mirror that Anna’s dad said was original to the old fisherman’s hut.”
- Tweets That Caught My Eye on Twitter – Elle Justine @only1elle #PoetArtist“My sample above is, for me, quite haunting….”
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number III.2.4“Only the colorful cows on canvases, t-shirts, and life size embellished sculptures reminded him of Texas, but not of his own art….”
- Skydancer the Book, By Our Daughter, Tania, Now Available in Spanish! – Bailarina del cieloMany of my readers are familiar with my posts detailing our youngest daughter’s readings and book adventures with her illustrated children’s book, Skydancer! It’s now is also available in Spanish in a beautifully produced paper edition – Bailarina del cielo – Ballerina of the Sky!
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number III.2.3“‘It’s a new visual language for me,’ he told Rosetta at a local artists’ show….”
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
Thanks everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html