My Yesterday in Pictures Format
I’ve simply built my daily walking & painting up to the point where I need the time for these two vital parts of keeping me healthy and/or sane, lol!
My Day Ahead series posts will continue, but on a much more intermittent basis. Already it seems some of that series’ usefulness is being incorporated into this new series’ format, me yakking ‘bout what when on, on the yesterday part of my life anyway, lol! It’s a continuing experiment of course, so we’ll see 😊
Setting Up the Austin Area Artists’ 2019 Show at the Old Bakery & Emporium ❤️
I was there a bit early since I was to help with the art take-in, 52 artists with over 150 pieces art! Half a dozen ladies, along with the curator, Kay, seen below in the light color top hanging the red-yellow floral w/blue background, already had hung a few early birds’ pictures. Plus, they had tables and supplies and check-in sheets all lined up and ready. Kay had two pedestals ready for me when my work arrived.
The right two pieces are 11×14 metal pieces of two of my photos, Austin Pink Sunset and White Blue Cluster. The original is an 18×24 2006 very thick texture oil, Hackberries 😊
Above, are Kay and other ladies hanging 3 works on a line, the only way to fit 150 pieces of art in the space! And incredible accomplishment!
And some of the art pieces simply took some doing! But there were lots of folks to help out —
Resulting in art filled walls!
After several hours, it was time for a well earned break – salads and subs 😊
Then back to receive the final legs of deliveries from the 52 Austin area artists who were lucky to choose to participate in this year’s Christmas show….
By the time I was ready to head back home, only the final hallways of art remained to be finished. Kay, the Bakery’s curator is to the right, and J, the director had just passed by with good words and was headed to check the downstairs gallerit’s and gift rooms.
Friday, we all return for the show’s reception, 5-7 pm. Sheila and I are hoping to have the grandson w/us ❤️ That’s when we relax, eat from among the treats we’re all bringing, and just have a good time 💕
If you would like to visit the Old Bakery& Emporium, or inquire about showing your art or hand crafted items, please call 512.974.1300, or follow the links below —
1006 Congress Ave, Austin Texas
Open Tue-Sat, 9am-4pm
All in all, it was an exhausting yet very fulfilling day ☺️
Thanks so much everyone! I hope to have pics of Friday’s reception too!!
My Day Ahead series posts, an intermittent series, elaborates on both my day ahead & the day past, my yesterday 😊
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products For This Post
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- May 15, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Spring Rising”I’d done a lot of deep or darker night-like paintings for a bit, so it felt pretty nice to lighten up my palette for awhile. Working back & forth, from the two approaches – playing the potential good from both approaches seems to suit my Libra middle, lol!
- May 14, 2022 – My 1st Classical Stretch Workout with Miranda Esmonde-White ( via YouTube ) in Many Months!Though similar to SilverSneakers’ classes, Miranda’s classes focus largely on making the fascia network in our bodies more fluid. Some movements are very similar, but more extended, dance-like, reflecting Miranda’s ballerina and dance background!
- May 13, 2022 – “Angel” in AVAA’s 1st Austin Art Space Gallery and Studio Group Show in a Long Time!Just a very quick post to announce that my 18×24 inch acrylic on stretched canvas, Angel – has been accepted into Austin Visual Arts Association’s ( AVAA) 1st group show since ( I believe ) the pandemic. Definitely been a long time coming and feels great to be able to be showing with this long time Austin art association again! 😊
- May 12, 2022 – Updated My #Twitter Header Image and Pinned TweetThough Twitter’s future is up in the air, or ether, or virtual landscape; and my own “footprint” there and social media in general is micro-whatever, lol! — it’s still my micro existence, and I want to care for it best I can 😊
- May 11, 2022 – Reblog / Review : Joan Mitchell, “I carry my landscapes around with me” – #Polyptychs…my reading of Joan Mitchell’s work – while often including much of that same connection, speaks more directly to me about the impact of the canvas before me in that process. Especially most specifically in regard to Joan’s work with multi-panel / multi-canvas works of art – ie, polyptychs!
- May 10, 2022 – BW Impressionist Abstract 1, Completed!A few posts back, about a new diptych in-progress, Freedom, in the 2nd 1/2 of the post, I mentioned having another in-progress work, BW Impressionist Abstract 1, that the 9 year old ( our youngest grandchild ) said he really liked, but wanted more “gold” in it, and pointed out where & how much more gold paint 😊 So I took him at his word & did the changes –
- May 09, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, 2nd Time This Year My Top 3 Most Viewed Images Are Photographs!Part of what I find fascinating about this posting’s top 3 viewed of my images at Fine Art America, is that all 3 are BW, or mostly so! As fascinating is I’ve also had a series of intermittent paintings of featuring mostly dark tones, even some with gold tones, like as seen in Bridge into the Night above. Among them have been —
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
Thanks everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html