My Yesterday in Pictures Format
I’ve simply built my daily walking & painting up to the point where I need the time for these two vital parts of keeping me healthy and/or sane, lol!
My Day Ahead series posts will continue, but on a much more intermittent basis. Already it seems some of that series’ usefulness is being incorporated into this new series’ format, me yakking ‘bout what when on, on the yesterday part of my life anyway, lol! It’s a continuing experiment of course, so we’ll see 😊
Setting Up the Austin Area Artists’ 2019 Show at the Old Bakery & Emporium ❤️
I was there a bit early since I was to help with the art take-in, 52 artists with over 150 pieces art! Half a dozen ladies, along with the curator, Kay, seen below in the light color top hanging the red-yellow floral w/blue background, already had hung a few early birds’ pictures. Plus, they had tables and supplies and check-in sheets all lined up and ready. Kay had two pedestals ready for me when my work arrived.
The right two pieces are 11×14 metal pieces of two of my photos, Austin Pink Sunset and White Blue Cluster. The original is an 18×24 2006 very thick texture oil, Hackberries 😊
Above, are Kay and other ladies hanging 3 works on a line, the only way to fit 150 pieces of art in the space! And incredible accomplishment!
And some of the art pieces simply took some doing! But there were lots of folks to help out —
Resulting in art filled walls!
After several hours, it was time for a well earned break – salads and subs 😊
Then back to receive the final legs of deliveries from the 52 Austin area artists who were lucky to choose to participate in this year’s Christmas show….
By the time I was ready to head back home, only the final hallways of art remained to be finished. Kay, the Bakery’s curator is to the right, and J, the director had just passed by with good words and was headed to check the downstairs gallerit’s and gift rooms.
Friday, we all return for the show’s reception, 5-7 pm. Sheila and I are hoping to have the grandson w/us ❤️ That’s when we relax, eat from among the treats we’re all bringing, and just have a good time 💕
If you would like to visit the Old Bakery& Emporium, or inquire about showing your art or hand crafted items, please call 512.974.1300, or follow the links below —
1006 Congress Ave, Austin Texas
Open Tue-Sat, 9am-4pm
All in all, it was an exhausting yet very fulfilling day ☺️
Thanks so much everyone! I hope to have pics of Friday’s reception too!!
My Day Ahead series posts, an intermittent series, elaborates on both my day ahead & the day past, my yesterday 😊
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products For This Post
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- July 31, 2021 – Prepping a New 16×20 Acrylic, Working Title : Testing the WaterThe initial goal was to simply select and mark the area for my figure. Then I freely applied Golden’s light molding paste, leaving the selected area for my figure much more level, and forming the paste into potentially vegetative designs as inspiration and malleable ground meshed —
- July 30, 2021 – What a Difference a New Keyboard Makes : LENRICH iPad pro 12.9 case with keyboardThis is an older now discontinued keyboard, but one of the few still available for my IPad Pro 2nd generation model (current model is 5th generation I believe), but I’m impressed with it enough to post about it and (if all continues well) my renewed ease of use not having to use the onscreen keyboard for blog posts, emails etc – that’s a big deal for me, lol! 😊
- July 29, 2021 – Whew! Yesterday Was a Day of Plowing Through, lol!Above is a picture of me November 2019 (notice the weather is warm but hot, finally 😊) and I look just a bit worn out? I’d just climbed the 218 steps to top of Old Baldy near Wimberley Texas! That’s kinda how I felt yesterday, only without as nice a view, lol! I’ll just say that….
- July 28, 2021 – New 25×40 #Acrylic on Canvas In-Progress : Barton Springs Greenbelt Indian SummerA chore heat filled day where my keyboard evidently is deciding it’s had it, lol! Hopefully I finish this post 😊 Basically I started the groundwork for my newest painting, acrylic, wanting to settle on my composition before hand, unlike how I handled my just finished watercolor, same size, where I inserted my figure at the end.
- July 27, 2021 – 4 Weeks Running! My Most Viewed Image For the Week @FineArtAmerica, Summer is a Lady : #Watercolor on Paper #ContemporaryImpressionismI’m sure I’ve had images repeat as most viewed 4 times in a row, but I wasn’t paying as much attention to that as I try to nowadays 😊 Summer is a Lady continues to simmer atop my selection of photos and artwork and illustrated poetry ♥️
- July 26, 2021 – Where I Left Off Before Our Trip, New #Watercolor on Canvas Completed : Barton Springs Greenbelt Indian SummerI just took another look at my newly completed painting (above) to try for some settled sentiment I can include for my post, and I do have that – some settled sentiment. I’m still digesting and assimilating what this new work means to me. Though I know it’s incomplete, because I also know this work is more a conscious marker of where I want to head, and feel compelled to head toward, I do have a grasp enough to point out some things that are making themselves more known to me.
- July 25, 2021 – Where I Left Off Before Our Trip, New Watercolor on Canvas in-progress, Developing the Right Figure to AddAs you can tell from my top pic, my efforts to progress from my value study and digital studies below are not going great, lol! I take solace from several things —
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
Thanks everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html