My Yesterday in Pictures Format
I’ve simply built my daily walking & painting up to the point where I need the time for these two vital parts of keeping me healthy and/or sane, lol!
My Day Ahead series posts will continue, but on a much more intermittent basis. Already it seems some of that series’ usefulness is being incorporated into this new series’ format, me yakking ‘bout what when on, on the yesterday part of my life anyway, lol! It’s a continuing experiment of course, so we’ll see 😊
Floating Blooms, closeup detail, art in-progress
Friday, one of the fullest and busiest and most tiring days in a very long time, and that covers a lot of days, was also a very good day. Just packed! 😊
Thankfully, the day rose bright if cool and breezy. With the soft morning sun shining through the art room’s windows, I took a much better image of my in-progress acrylic, Floating Blooms. I wanted to be able to show the depth of colors in the darkened areas behind the blooms and think this gives a pretty good representation.
After, I worked on the petals of all three, but more so the middle and right, but only because I ran out of time. If I was going to walk before all the following chores and good things to do, it had to be right then 😊
Morning Walk in Austin
From daybreak, the sun shone strongly but smoothly. A waltz, more than a rumba, lol!
After painting the little bit I did after capturing the background detail above, I went on my mid-morning walk. Shadows were clear cut from where the sun smiled. The air was cool, the breeze soft and southerly. It was obvious it was going to be one of the rarer nicer days. Good for being out taking care of chores and, later, picking up the 6 year old from school.
Delivering Art to Orange Coworking for Creative Arts Society show
Creative Arts Society has quite a spectrum of venues, and Orange Coworking is nearby and unusual but promising, a large co-working office space immediately the the HEB nearest us. Art had already been arriving when I showed, and my framed limited edition print of Three Cups joined the group 😊
There’s lots of meeting places and good lighting. Notice the shadow silhouettes of us waving to the wall, lol! It’ll be interesting to see how this works out. I’m always hopeful ❤️
Detour at Zilker Botanical Gardens
After delivering my art and stopping next door at HEB for a few things, we had lunch then picked up Max at school for a sleep over. But first we had a couple of detours. Since his school let out a bit before the reception that evening at the Old Bakery, we skipped over to Zilker Botanical Gardens. It and Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center are the crown garden jewels of Austin. Above, Max is at one of the ponds in the Oriental section. Even in near-winter, the gardens are superb ❤️
Around and down a path and as we neared the dinosaur section, this gem of colors and architecture greeted us. The last of the light was signaling us it was time to head into downtown for the art reception!
Festive, filled with both people and tons of goodies brought by all the participating artists (us too! 😊), it was another grand occasion where Max got to see my work, we got to see friends we hadn’t seen for awhile, some for years. By evening’s end it was dark and we slowly made our way home, watching long lines of headlights heading into town for another Friday night. We were glad to call it a day. A very good day 💕
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products For This Post
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- September 17, 2021 – New Most Viewed Image For the Week @FineArtAmerica, “Fantasy Walk” : Watercolor on Canvas on Light Molding Paste, #ContemporaryImpressionismSome times, some days, the little things, like the big things, if they are good and hopeful, then they are helpful.
- September 16, 2021 – Reblog(s) : Graham McQuade, Benchmarks 1 & 2 (Acrylic Painting) #figureartThis necessarily (on my part) a short post due to some time constraints, although I should add, Graham’s posts will be a quick read. They’re short, tight with information. What will take a little time, if you notice the time 😊 is….
- September 15, 2021 – Birds at Pfluger Bridge Austin @FineArtAmericaBirds at Pfluger Bridge Austin is an 11×14 oil painting I finished a little over 3 years ago, but never wrote up about individually on my blog. I realized this was the case when I tried to find my WordPress image from an older blog post to include in my most recent post; about birds of course 😊 Why I hadn’t done a post, announcing when I’d uploaded it to Fine Art America is simply that I….
- September 14, 2021 – Playing with 4K Video to Grab Still ShotsNow that we’ve had our bird feeder up a few months at our new location, we’ve come across a wider variety of birds (and other critters) and’ve been working at grabbing shots of birds in motion I might could use for sketches and such 🦅
- September 13, 2021 – Something New For Me! Sketching with Austin’s #UrbanSketchers Group! What a Treat!While I think my 1st sketch of the morning (below) was a bit sparse I really like the colors; and while my 2nd sketch (top, header image) was a bit busy even for me, it seems to have more….
- September 12, 2021 – Reblog/Review : Website, Claude Monet (Paintings, Biography, and Quotes)There is SO much good information, and beautiful images, on this site ( claude-monet.com ) it’s almost an embarrassment of riches! Meaning I can’t believe, despite my half-century+ enchantment with impressionism, esp Monet & Renoir) I never came across it before! In fact, I’m still coming across new material; not to mention the staggering review of much of Monet’s art work!
- September 11, 2021 – “Fantasy Walk” : Figure Art on Light Molding Paste on Canvas, Calling it Done, Sorta….Developing this painting has been more lesson on do’s and don’t’s I think than of completing a finished work, though I also think I’m gonna have to call this one done and move on. Looking at the image sequence from top to bottom, working from finish back to my start, I can see several “things” I’d’ve done differently. Most obvious now is I shoulda left a….
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
Thanks everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html