My Yesterday in Pictures Format
I’ve simply built my daily walking & painting up to the point where I need the time for these two vital parts of keeping me healthy and/or sane, lol!
My Day Ahead series posts will continue, but on a much more intermittent basis. Already it seems some of that series’ usefulness is being incorporated into this new series’ format, me yakking ‘bout what when on, on the yesterday part of my life anyway, lol! It’s a continuing experiment of course, so we’ll see 😊
Floating Blooms, closeup detail, art in-progress
Friday, one of the fullest and busiest and most tiring days in a very long time, and that covers a lot of days, was also a very good day. Just packed! 😊
Thankfully, the day rose bright if cool and breezy. With the soft morning sun shining through the art room’s windows, I took a much better image of my in-progress acrylic, Floating Blooms. I wanted to be able to show the depth of colors in the darkened areas behind the blooms and think this gives a pretty good representation.
After, I worked on the petals of all three, but more so the middle and right, but only because I ran out of time. If I was going to walk before all the following chores and good things to do, it had to be right then 😊
Morning Walk in Austin
From daybreak, the sun shone strongly but smoothly. A waltz, more than a rumba, lol!
After painting the little bit I did after capturing the background detail above, I went on my mid-morning walk. Shadows were clear cut from where the sun smiled. The air was cool, the breeze soft and southerly. It was obvious it was going to be one of the rarer nicer days. Good for being out taking care of chores and, later, picking up the 6 year old from school.
Delivering Art to Orange Coworking for Creative Arts Society show
Creative Arts Society has quite a spectrum of venues, and Orange Coworking is nearby and unusual but promising, a large co-working office space immediately the the HEB nearest us. Art had already been arriving when I showed, and my framed limited edition print of Three Cups joined the group 😊
There’s lots of meeting places and good lighting. Notice the shadow silhouettes of us waving to the wall, lol! It’ll be interesting to see how this works out. I’m always hopeful ❤️
Detour at Zilker Botanical Gardens
After delivering my art and stopping next door at HEB for a few things, we had lunch then picked up Max at school for a sleep over. But first we had a couple of detours. Since his school let out a bit before the reception that evening at the Old Bakery, we skipped over to Zilker Botanical Gardens. It and Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center are the crown garden jewels of Austin. Above, Max is at one of the ponds in the Oriental section. Even in near-winter, the gardens are superb ❤️
Around and down a path and as we neared the dinosaur section, this gem of colors and architecture greeted us. The last of the light was signaling us it was time to head into downtown for the art reception!
Festive, filled with both people and tons of goodies brought by all the participating artists (us too! 😊), it was another grand occasion where Max got to see my work, we got to see friends we hadn’t seen for awhile, some for years. By evening’s end it was dark and we slowly made our way home, watching long lines of headlights heading into town for another Friday night. We were glad to call it a day. A very good day 💕
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products For This Post
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- March 07, 2021 – Dispatcher – Gift Writing / Poetry by AdanSeeing how folks seemed to really like both previous posts, I’m following up with another well received work, Dispatcher.
- March 06, 2021 – A Yoga Teacher – Gift Writing / Poetry by AdanYesterday I posted about another of my gift writings, one that sold just recently, Volleyball Setter, and I thought I’d post a short note about another I’ve always liked – A Yoga Teacher.
- March 05, 2021 – Volleyball Setter Gallery Wrap Canvas Print SOLD @FineArtAmerica“…pleased to say I’ve sold a gallery wrapped canvas print featured in one of my most viewed posts on my site, Volleyball Setter – Original Sports Poetry Back in Stock, to a buyer in Sturgis, Michigan!”
- March 04, 2021 – Masks in Grocery Stores in Austin – Back to Mask/Mass ConfusionAll I feel I can really do is wish and pray for the safety of everyone in those stores without mandates, whether pro or con re the masks. If we’re in this together, we really need to act like we’re are in this together ♥️
- March 03, 2021 – Why We’re Only Shopping at Sprouts For Groceries (and a few others) Here in Austin For Now, Hint: Covid-19“… for us to choose to voluntarily restrict ourselves to Sprouts, and a few other stores I’ll highlight hopefully tomorrow, is a big deal. Fixed incomes of the qualifying-for-most-any-level of stimulus cut-off-money work that way 😊 “
- March 02, 2021 – 1st Full Day of Recovery After My 1st Covid VaccinationI’m developing a different kind of problem ☺️ – too many good things to choose from I want to do!
- March 01, 2021 – Floating Butterfly 1 Pen and Ink with Watercolor – circa 2021 Watercolor – Adan’s PhotoPoems“…wings spotted like the sun’s own face….”
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
Thanks everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html