My Yesterday in Pictures Format
I’ve simply built my daily walking & painting up to the point where I need the time for these two vital parts of keeping me healthy and/or sane, lol!
My Day Ahead series posts will continue, but on a much more intermittent basis. Already it seems some of that series’ usefulness is being incorporated into this new series’ format, me yakking ‘bout what when on, on the yesterday part of my life anyway, lol! It’s a continuing experiment of course, so we’ll see 😊
Floating Blooms, closeup detail, art in-progress
Friday, one of the fullest and busiest and most tiring days in a very long time, and that covers a lot of days, was also a very good day. Just packed! 😊
Thankfully, the day rose bright if cool and breezy. With the soft morning sun shining through the art room’s windows, I took a much better image of my in-progress acrylic, Floating Blooms. I wanted to be able to show the depth of colors in the darkened areas behind the blooms and think this gives a pretty good representation.
After, I worked on the petals of all three, but more so the middle and right, but only because I ran out of time. If I was going to walk before all the following chores and good things to do, it had to be right then 😊
Morning Walk in Austin
From daybreak, the sun shone strongly but smoothly. A waltz, more than a rumba, lol!
After painting the little bit I did after capturing the background detail above, I went on my mid-morning walk. Shadows were clear cut from where the sun smiled. The air was cool, the breeze soft and southerly. It was obvious it was going to be one of the rarer nicer days. Good for being out taking care of chores and, later, picking up the 6 year old from school.
Delivering Art to Orange Coworking for Creative Arts Society show
Creative Arts Society has quite a spectrum of venues, and Orange Coworking is nearby and unusual but promising, a large co-working office space immediately the the HEB nearest us. Art had already been arriving when I showed, and my framed limited edition print of Three Cups joined the group 😊
There’s lots of meeting places and good lighting. Notice the shadow silhouettes of us waving to the wall, lol! It’ll be interesting to see how this works out. I’m always hopeful ❤️
Detour at Zilker Botanical Gardens
After delivering my art and stopping next door at HEB for a few things, we had lunch then picked up Max at school for a sleep over. But first we had a couple of detours. Since his school let out a bit before the reception that evening at the Old Bakery, we skipped over to Zilker Botanical Gardens. It and Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center are the crown garden jewels of Austin. Above, Max is at one of the ponds in the Oriental section. Even in near-winter, the gardens are superb ❤️
Around and down a path and as we neared the dinosaur section, this gem of colors and architecture greeted us. The last of the light was signaling us it was time to head into downtown for the art reception!
Festive, filled with both people and tons of goodies brought by all the participating artists (us too! 😊), it was another grand occasion where Max got to see my work, we got to see friends we hadn’t seen for awhile, some for years. By evening’s end it was dark and we slowly made our way home, watching long lines of headlights heading into town for another Friday night. We were glad to call it a day. A very good day 💕
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products For This Post
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- August 14, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Time at the Musee d’Orsay” : circa 2012I would hope Sheila and I get to make at least one more wonderful extended trip to Paris 🙏 ❤️ 🇫🇷
- August 13, 2022 – My 1st Back to Back SilverSneakers 45 Minute Zoom Classes : Circuit and Yoga!!What’s particularly nice and that I really like about how SilverSneakers has their class info organized, is that one can do nearly any kind of search top of their class listings page….
- August 12, 2022 – Texas TOD ( Tourist Orientated Designation ) Sign Go-Fund-Me for #PrimalGalleryDSExpanding on yesterday’s post, there’s a well-deserved much-needed Go Fund Me for a gallery I’m showing in – Primal Gallery! Joe the owner literally built his gallery from the ground up….
- August 11, 2022 – Aging Gracefully, Riding the Tide of a Busy DayHad wanted to write about a well-deserved much-needed Go Fund Me for a gallery I’m showing in ( Primal Gallery ), but….
- August 10, 2022 – A Beginner’s ( Layman’s ) View : Today’s #Inflation Report on #Food and #EnergyI came across several good articles, and felt The Hilll’s piece particularly well balanced and thoughtful, and, unlike as has been the case with many complex subjects, like the economy and climate and clean energy, not initially headline-presented in over-cheerily words.
- August 09, 2022 – Revisiting #FestivalBeachFoodForest with Max the 9-Year OldAnd while Max helped with some watering, I asked Karen about a bright berry cluster in a small tree the morning light was glowing on —
- August 08, 2022 – Bingo! At #TheLadyBird’s 55+ Residences #AustinTexasAfter a full day of live online SilverSneakers exercise classes, painting…and of course Sheila’s wonderful meals – Sheila and I, plus the 9 year old and his mom, had a good old-fashioned Bingo bash, lol! ❤️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
Thanks everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html