My Yesterday in Pictures Format
I’ve simply built my daily walking & painting up to the point where I need the time for these two vital parts of keeping me healthy and/or sane, lol!
My Day Ahead series posts will continue, but on a much more intermittent basis. Already it seems some of that series’ usefulness is being incorporated into this new series’ format, me yakking ‘bout what when on, on the yesterday part of my life anyway, lol! It’s a continuing experiment of course, so we’ll see 😊
Floating Blooms, closeup detail, art in-progress
Friday, one of the fullest and busiest and most tiring days in a very long time, and that covers a lot of days, was also a very good day. Just packed! 😊
Thankfully, the day rose bright if cool and breezy. With the soft morning sun shining through the art room’s windows, I took a much better image of my in-progress acrylic, Floating Blooms. I wanted to be able to show the depth of colors in the darkened areas behind the blooms and think this gives a pretty good representation.
After, I worked on the petals of all three, but more so the middle and right, but only because I ran out of time. If I was going to walk before all the following chores and good things to do, it had to be right then 😊
Morning Walk in Austin
From daybreak, the sun shone strongly but smoothly. A waltz, more than a rumba, lol!
After painting the little bit I did after capturing the background detail above, I went on my mid-morning walk. Shadows were clear cut from where the sun smiled. The air was cool, the breeze soft and southerly. It was obvious it was going to be one of the rarer nicer days. Good for being out taking care of chores and, later, picking up the 6 year old from school.
Delivering Art to Orange Coworking for Creative Arts Society show
Creative Arts Society has quite a spectrum of venues, and Orange Coworking is nearby and unusual but promising, a large co-working office space immediately the the HEB nearest us. Art had already been arriving when I showed, and my framed limited edition print of Three Cups joined the group 😊
There’s lots of meeting places and good lighting. Notice the shadow silhouettes of us waving to the wall, lol! It’ll be interesting to see how this works out. I’m always hopeful ❤️
Detour at Zilker Botanical Gardens
After delivering my art and stopping next door at HEB for a few things, we had lunch then picked up Max at school for a sleep over. But first we had a couple of detours. Since his school let out a bit before the reception that evening at the Old Bakery, we skipped over to Zilker Botanical Gardens. It and Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center are the crown garden jewels of Austin. Above, Max is at one of the ponds in the Oriental section. Even in near-winter, the gardens are superb ❤️
Around and down a path and as we neared the dinosaur section, this gem of colors and architecture greeted us. The last of the light was signaling us it was time to head into downtown for the art reception!
Art Reception at Old Bakery & Emporium
Festive, filled with both people and tons of goodies brought by all the participating artists (us too! 😊), it was another grand occasion where Max got to see my work, we got to see friends we hadn’t seen for awhile, some for years. By evening’s end it was dark and we slowly made our way home, watching long lines of headlights heading into town for another Friday night. We were glad to call it a day. A very good day 💕
My Day Ahead series posts, an intermittent series, elaborates on both my day ahead & the day past, my yesterday 😊
I try to post My Yesterday in Pictures series daily ❤️
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products For This Post
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- January 01, 2023 – Happy New Year! : My Most Viewed Image the Last Week of 2022 @FineArtAmerica, Little Steps PosterA wonderfully fitting image as my most viewed this past week, the last week, of 2022 – Little Steps, my poster version ❤️ 🙏 ☺️
- December 18, 2022 – 1st Return Appearance Since Spring : My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, Blue with Gold Twilight – #PanoramaOcean waves of blue fill our skies and seas, cascading sighs and whispers of inspiration with each breath.
- December 11, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Austin Poster” ( circa 2021 ) #AustinTexas #AustinPhotographyMorning Light Poster also recently sold at the Old Bakery and Emporium 🙏😌
- December 03, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Costa Rica Sunset Panorama” : circa 2017I almost skipped even posting about it, but at 4x the views of the nearest most viewed of my images, I needed to drag myself out of my whatever-it-is recent posting stagnation, lol!
- November 21, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Dispatcher” : circa 2011I thought Dispatcher had once already been one of my most viewed of my work on Fine Art America, but I guess not! 😊 It’s been a popular poem, and with the holidays upon us, a great choice as a print or coffee mug ☕️ 🇺🇸
- November 13, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Cypress Creek Mid Afternoon Mid October” : Circa 2019Very unusual to have so many photos from my collection of images at Fine Art America show up among my 12 most viewed images there at FAA, and for so many showing up for the 1st time….
- November 08, 2022 – The Mid-Term Elections 2022 : This is It! If the Elections Are Important to You…VOTE!!!If the elections are important to you – vote! 😊🇺🇸🙏
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
Thanks everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html
[…] of opening up gaps to occasionally do a local arts show. That’s something that, other than at the Old Bakery and Emporium and a Christmas show at Donn’s Depot, I haven’t done any of at all.If anyone has any questions […]
LikeLiked by 1 person
[…] White on each of two 6×6 gallery wrap canvases. The day had been packed with a morning trip to the Old Bakery and a grocery stop at Sprouts on the way home.Evening, having chosen the two images I wanted to […]
LikeLiked by 1 person
Sounds like a busy but great day, I love visiting botanical gardens too! Congratulations on the show, looks like everyone had a great time!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Busy but great day, yes! And again today, lol! It was a really nice time at the Old Bakery. Today was a different busy, but nearly as long! And tomorrow (Sunday) the – we hope – last of 4 this week, that’ll also be as long, but also different; doing an all afternoon show at an Austin Honky Tonk! Hope to have pics up by Monday! Thanks, Tiffany! 😊