My Yesterday in Pictures Format
I’ve simply built my daily walking & painting up to the point where I need the time for these two vital parts of keeping me healthy and/or sane, lol!
My Day Ahead series posts will continue, but on a much more intermittent basis. Already it seems some of that series’ usefulness is being incorporated into this new series’ format, me yakking ‘bout what when on, on the yesterday part of my life anyway, lol! It’s a continuing experiment of course, so we’ll see 😊
Floating Blooms, closeup detail, art in-progress
Friday, one of the fullest and busiest and most tiring days in a very long time, and that covers a lot of days, was also a very good day. Just packed! 😊
Thankfully, the day rose bright if cool and breezy. With the soft morning sun shining through the art room’s windows, I took a much better image of my in-progress acrylic, Floating Blooms. I wanted to be able to show the depth of colors in the darkened areas behind the blooms and think this gives a pretty good representation.
After, I worked on the petals of all three, but more so the middle and right, but only because I ran out of time. If I was going to walk before all the following chores and good things to do, it had to be right then 😊
Morning Walk in Austin
From daybreak, the sun shone strongly but smoothly. A waltz, more than a rumba, lol!
After painting the little bit I did after capturing the background detail above, I went on my mid-morning walk. Shadows were clear cut from where the sun smiled. The air was cool, the breeze soft and southerly. It was obvious it was going to be one of the rarer nicer days. Good for being out taking care of chores and, later, picking up the 6 year old from school.
Delivering Art to Orange Coworking for Creative Arts Society show
Creative Arts Society has quite a spectrum of venues, and Orange Coworking is nearby and unusual but promising, a large co-working office space immediately the the HEB nearest us. Art had already been arriving when I showed, and my framed limited edition print of Three Cups joined the group 😊
There’s lots of meeting places and good lighting. Notice the shadow silhouettes of us waving to the wall, lol! It’ll be interesting to see how this works out. I’m always hopeful ❤️
Detour at Zilker Botanical Gardens
After delivering my art and stopping next door at HEB for a few things, we had lunch then picked up Max at school for a sleep over. But first we had a couple of detours. Since his school let out a bit before the reception that evening at the Old Bakery, we skipped over to Zilker Botanical Gardens. It and Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center are the crown garden jewels of Austin. Above, Max is at one of the ponds in the Oriental section. Even in near-winter, the gardens are superb ❤️
Around and down a path and as we neared the dinosaur section, this gem of colors and architecture greeted us. The last of the light was signaling us it was time to head into downtown for the art reception!
Festive, filled with both people and tons of goodies brought by all the participating artists (us too! 😊), it was another grand occasion where Max got to see my work, we got to see friends we hadn’t seen for awhile, some for years. By evening’s end it was dark and we slowly made our way home, watching long lines of headlights heading into town for another Friday night. We were glad to call it a day. A very good day 💕
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products For This Post
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
Painting Instruction Videos https://amzn.to/2ZNgxfi
Painting Instruction Prime Video https://amzn.to/35oeMq2
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- The Old American Artist by Felipe Adan Lerma – Twitter Excerpt SeriesLooking back at older work, like my 80s acrylics or 2000s water soluble oils, can be lots of things : sobering 😂 and, when I spot patterns of motifs or preferences in my work, very helpful for me, enabling me to see enduring patterns of interests. The same, it turns out, even with its own variations, is true for other art forms I’ve worked out most my life, like writing, whether patterns of expression and beliefs within my blog posts, or, in the case of The Old American Artist – a semi-autobiographical literally fiction-like novella, connections right back to my most enduring focus. Art ❤️
- My Return to Regular Pricing @FineArtAmerica July 2020It’s been a few months since I started my $1 pricing markup experiment on Fine Art America. It was a worthwhile experiment, where I was hoping to generate more interest in my work in general, plus rack up a few low profit but visibility expanding sales 😊
- Aging Gracefully – Through Covid-19 – New Paris Painting In-Progress: Lady in Paris 1889, Details One Week ApartI’ve worked on Lady in Paris 1889 in-between some smaller watercolor (vs acrylic pieces), though a lot of the new touches to this work have been watercolor paint w/matte acrylic medium, basically making it an acrylic, but with some watercolor features, like the particular pigments I really wanted to use 😊
- Aging Gracefully – During Covid-19 – Update with SilverSneakers Stability Class at Gold’s Gym with Curt HollandLast week I post a more in-depth post, pictures & info, of the SilverSneakers Stability class Sheila and I take with Curt Holland at Gold’s Gym here in Austin, promising to update with a shot I thought I’d taken but, well, didn’t take, lol! That’s the shot above 😊
- Adan’s Movie/Cable TV Reviews – “Midnight in Paris” Viewed a Decade Later – Better Than I’d Realized – 5 Stars +Yet, familiar as it was, watching it again yesterday, half in the afternoon, the other half before bed (yeah, a luxury of both staying-home and being retired ❤️), remembering how enchanted we’d been seeing this together, ten years ago – it was like it was brand new again!
- Aging Gracefully – Through Covid-19 – Sold My 1st Face Mask, a Paris Mask! @FineArtAmerica!A quick post to announce & celebrate selling my first face mask! Special thanks to my buyer in Ohio! ❤️
- Happy 4th of July 2020! 🇺🇸We will surely make it through these times as we have other pandemics, wars, and establishing and keeping our democratic republic ❤️ Below are several sayings I feel go to the core of my feelings about our country, America 💕
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
Thanks everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html