My Yesterday in Pictures Format
I’ve simply built my daily walking & painting up to the point where I need the time for these two vital parts of keeping me healthy and/or sane, lol!
My Day Ahead series posts will continue, but on a much more intermittent basis. Already it seems some of that series’ usefulness is being incorporated into this new series’ format, me yakking ‘bout what when on, on the yesterday part of my life anyway, lol! It’s a continuing experiment of course, so we’ll see 😊
Night Flower 8×8 Oil In-Progress
So originally, this 8×8 was left as is back before summer before the move & surgeries, except for the big mass of lighter heavy lavender patches. Basically it had the crescent moon, black background and lots of smudges, lol!
I wanted to glaze the lavender patches, but am still getting a handle on oil glazing and made my mixture way to thick. I was hurry to get “some” painting in before the light left and the day was too packed with chores, phone calls, and holiday related stuff.
- be more patient. I waited all these months, and hurrying now only created more challenges than I’d wanted, ie. paint has to dry before I can glaze the way I want
- also create more space and time to mix the thinner glaze I’d envisioned
- and the less vibrant lavender tones fit the mood I liked about the first big pass on this since I’d left it be before summer, ie, brighter isn’t always the answer (though still my usual preference)
- oils are even more different from acrylic glazes than I’d experienced yet
- but, oil scrape away layers much easier than acrylics
- and, the glare on the surface taking the pic suggests an interesting diagonal split ‘tween real dark and less dark backgrounds
So this gives a little idea of my thinking, at least in regards to this piece.
It also puts an even stronger contrast for me re glazing (or trying to glaze, lol!) between oils and acrylics. I wouldn’t’ve been able to scrape off the acrylic paint as well as I did the oil, though w/a damp cloth or paper towel, could have wiped off as much as hadn’t dried yet. But then again, after a few minutes, I could’ve painted over the sections I wanted changed (light to dark).
Either way, shaping the image, like I’ve done w/my recent and 1st acrylic since the 80s, Floating Flowers, is a critical part of the creative process for me. Good for me to know, and good for me as fun 💕 😊
Another Legacy 8×8 From Before the Surgeries
Just a quick look at another work I’ve recently picked up from where I’d left off this past spring (before the move & surgeries). Not completely sure what direction this might take, but had a few notions when I saw this again in good light, the textures suggesting possibilities to me….
Anyway, glad to have dug down into my art again today after my trip to Houston w/family to see my mom and Christmas lights.
Thanks everyone, take care! 😊
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products For This Post
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
Painting Instruction Videos https://amzn.to/2ZNgxfi
Painting Instruction Prime Video https://amzn.to/35oeMq2
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- September 19, 2020 – Turning 70 in One Month Yet Feeling Like 16 Still Stuck in Time – But, This Time I Get to Vote“I remember distinctly hearing this song many places many times through several years while in high school, but especially early on.“
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number II.3.4“… he felt his body resting upon the bed.”
- Aging Gracefully During Covid-19 : The Seasons – and Hopefully The Times – Are A Changin’“Doubts about whether 70 would actually be that major a marker for me, in terms of how hard and how far to push myself, held me back from developing thIs post though, until today!“
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number II.3.3“Crying for movement, his body ached for down time from the active stillness of painting.”
- Adan’s Fine Art America Images # 15 – Yoga Creativity and Awareness, Digital Art circa 2016“I’d very much begun to think ‘digital’ was the way for me to go by this time in early 2016, but I’d both begun to see my technical limitations and feel a growing reluctance within myself to….”
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number II.3.2“Arturo began to search for an emerging wholeness in the images.“
- Tweets That Caught My Eye on Twitter – Laurie @retsebez“Laurie’s tweets are something I’ve only recently found myself looking for more of….”
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
Thanks everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html