My Yesterday in Pictures Format
I’ve simply built my daily walking & painting up to the point where I need the time for these two vital parts of keeping me healthy and/or sane, lol!
My Day Ahead series posts will continue, but on a much more intermittent basis. Already it seems some of that series’ usefulness is being incorporated into this new series’ format, me yakking ‘bout what when on, on the yesterday part of my life anyway, lol! It’s a continuing experiment of course, so we’ll see 😊
Night Flower 8×8 Oil In-Progress
So originally, this 8×8 was left as is back before summer before the move & surgeries, except for the big mass of lighter heavy lavender patches. Basically it had the crescent moon, black background and lots of smudges, lol!
I wanted to glaze the lavender patches, but am still getting a handle on oil glazing and made my mixture way to thick. I was hurry to get “some” painting in before the light left and the day was too packed with chores, phone calls, and holiday related stuff.
- be more patient. I waited all these months, and hurrying now only created more challenges than I’d wanted, ie. paint has to dry before I can glaze the way I want
- also create more space and time to mix the thinner glaze I’d envisioned
- and the less vibrant lavender tones fit the mood I liked about the first big pass on this since I’d left it be before summer, ie, brighter isn’t always the answer (though still my usual preference)
- oils are even more different from acrylic glazes than I’d experienced yet
- but, oil scrape away layers much easier than acrylics
- and, the glare on the surface taking the pic suggests an interesting diagonal split ‘tween real dark and less dark backgrounds
So this gives a little idea of my thinking, at least in regards to this piece.
It also puts an even stronger contrast for me re glazing (or trying to glaze, lol!) between oils and acrylics. I wouldn’t’ve been able to scrape off the acrylic paint as well as I did the oil, though w/a damp cloth or paper towel, could have wiped off as much as hadn’t dried yet. But then again, after a few minutes, I could’ve painted over the sections I wanted changed (light to dark).
Either way, shaping the image, like I’ve done w/my recent and 1st acrylic since the 80s, Floating Flowers, is a critical part of the creative process for me. Good for me to know, and good for me as fun 💕 😊
Another Legacy 8×8 From Before the Surgeries
Just a quick look at another work I’ve recently picked up from where I’d left off this past spring (before the move & surgeries). Not completely sure what direction this might take, but had a few notions when I saw this again in good light, the textures suggesting possibilities to me….
Anyway, glad to have dug down into my art again today after my trip to Houston w/family to see my mom and Christmas lights.
Thanks everyone, take care! 😊
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products For This Post
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- October 20, 2021 – Sold! At the Old Bakery and Emporium (across from the State Capital) Austin, Texas – Paris Dreams (Dreaming of Paris)I’m very grateful to my buyer at the Old Bakery & Emporium in Austin Texas! 🙏 With as few months as the Old Bakery’s been reopen, and all the precautions needed to be taken recently here in Austin, it’s a miracle to be able to share my art a this time 💕
- October 19, 2021 – Turning 71 Feels Like Turning on the Spigots!I’ve meandered around what to write for my birthday post this year, probably reflecting not exactly the chaos (though there’s enough of that, lol!) but the whirl of activity in my life right now – fitness activities, art – of all kind, family, and the stutteringly slow but certain shift from unbearable 6 month summer in Austin to, well, breathable walkable art-doable weather ❤️ Weatherman says the weekend days’ highs into my birthday (Tuesday) are the coolest temps since mid-April. That’s a very long time, lol! 😅
- October 18, 2021 – A Good Problem, Lots of Interesting Pics and Posts Developing in My Blog Pipeline! Part 3, 1st Completed Work of 5 – “Playtime, Mother and Child”I’m also breaking a bit of tradition in terms of my routine and going ahead and posting my completed image, not as good a resolution etc as I’d like (yet), and also not yet uploaded to Fine Art America. It’s simply a time choice. Paint and create. Or paint less but massage the photo capture & upload to FAA more. It’s not really a win-lose thing.
- October 17, 2021 – My Most Viewed Image For a 2nd Week @FineArtAmerica, Abstract Study 1, #watercolorThough I’ve had some of my images repeat a 2nd week or more, or return again after awhile to place top of my views for the week at Fine Art America, it’s still rare for an abstract of mine to do so. It’s sorta ironic for me, since I began painting in earnest in the 80s creating acrylic abstracts (after fooling around doing clouds and Dali-ish dripping clocks in my 20s 😊), and then….
- October 16, 2021 – My Idea for Promoting My WordPress Blog Posts on Twitter (Besides My Pinned Tweet), Part 2Knowing me, I doubt this’ll be my final tweet format I can use on Twitter to let folks see & know what my most recent blog posts are. I of course tweet the individual blog posts themselves out, often using them here in my posts. But I felt the need for a more inclusive, easy to change to keep up-to-date format and after some earlier incarnations, this tweet above may work for me for awhile, changing the screen shot of my current blogs as needed 😊
- October 15, 2021 – 2nd Time Out Sketching with Austin’s #UrbanSketchers Group! Still a Treat! #PeaseParkThough immensely more challenging this time around for October’s outting with Austin’s Urban Sketchers chapter (heat indexes near 100 – hopefully a forerunner to an expected cool front; traffic challenges due to Austin City Limits festival), and, not particularly enamored with my resultant efforts this time around — — it was so good to talk with other artists! Be out among so many folks and families, and, “try” my 2nd time out painting plein air since (I think) the early 2000s!
- October 14, 2021 – My Idea for Promoting My WordPress Blog Posts on Twitter (Besides My Pinned Tweet), Part 1I have my pinned tweet on my Twitter timeline of course, where I show images of my work on Fine Art America, with link to my site there of course, and, also list my blog site here on WordPress. But as you can tell above, the latter, my WordPress website, gets not that much focus. Though if you’d like to retweet it, please do, lol! 😊 So basically, I asked myself, how – beyond a 2 short lines in the text – can I better promote my WordPress site, along with my Fine Art America site?
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
Thanks everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html