My Yesterday in Pictures Format
I’ve simply built my daily walking & painting up to the point where I need the time for these two vital parts of keeping me healthy and/or sane, lol!
My Day Ahead series posts will continue, but on a much more intermittent basis. Already it seems some of that series’ usefulness is being incorporated into this new series’ format, me yakking ‘bout what when on, on the yesterday part of my life anyway, lol! It’s a continuing experiment of course, so we’ll see 😊
Night Flower 8×8 Oil In-Progress
So originally, this 8×8 was left as is back before summer before the move & surgeries, except for the big mass of lighter heavy lavender patches. Basically it had the crescent moon, black background and lots of smudges, lol!
I wanted to glaze the lavender patches, but am still getting a handle on oil glazing and made my mixture way to thick. I was hurry to get “some” painting in before the light left and the day was too packed with chores, phone calls, and holiday related stuff.
- be more patient. I waited all these months, and hurrying now only created more challenges than I’d wanted, ie. paint has to dry before I can glaze the way I want
- also create more space and time to mix the thinner glaze I’d envisioned
- and the less vibrant lavender tones fit the mood I liked about the first big pass on this since I’d left it be before summer, ie, brighter isn’t always the answer (though still my usual preference)
- oils are even more different from acrylic glazes than I’d experienced yet
- but, oil scrape away layers much easier than acrylics
- and, the glare on the surface taking the pic suggests an interesting diagonal split ‘tween real dark and less dark backgrounds
So this gives a little idea of my thinking, at least in regards to this piece.
It also puts an even stronger contrast for me re glazing (or trying to glaze, lol!) between oils and acrylics. I wouldn’t’ve been able to scrape off the acrylic paint as well as I did the oil, though w/a damp cloth or paper towel, could have wiped off as much as hadn’t dried yet. But then again, after a few minutes, I could’ve painted over the sections I wanted changed (light to dark).
Either way, shaping the image, like I’ve done w/my recent and 1st acrylic since the 80s, Floating Flowers, is a critical part of the creative process for me. Good for me to know, and good for me as fun 💕 😊
Another Legacy 8×8 From Before the Surgeries
Just a quick look at another work I’ve recently picked up from where I’d left off this past spring (before the move & surgeries). Not completely sure what direction this might take, but had a few notions when I saw this again in good light, the textures suggesting possibilities to me….
Anyway, glad to have dug down into my art again today after my trip to Houston w/family to see my mom and Christmas lights.
Thanks everyone, take care! 😊
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products For This Post
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- July 31, 2021 – Prepping a New 16×20 Acrylic, Working Title : Testing the WaterThe initial goal was to simply select and mark the area for my figure. Then I freely applied Golden’s light molding paste, leaving the selected area for my figure much more level, and forming the paste into potentially vegetative designs as inspiration and malleable ground meshed —
- July 30, 2021 – What a Difference a New Keyboard Makes : LENRICH iPad pro 12.9 case with keyboardThis is an older now discontinued keyboard, but one of the few still available for my IPad Pro 2nd generation model (current model is 5th generation I believe), but I’m impressed with it enough to post about it and (if all continues well) my renewed ease of use not having to use the onscreen keyboard for blog posts, emails etc – that’s a big deal for me, lol! 😊
- July 29, 2021 – Whew! Yesterday Was a Day of Plowing Through, lol!Above is a picture of me November 2019 (notice the weather is warm but hot, finally 😊) and I look just a bit worn out? I’d just climbed the 218 steps to top of Old Baldy near Wimberley Texas! That’s kinda how I felt yesterday, only without as nice a view, lol! I’ll just say that….
- July 28, 2021 – New 25×40 #Acrylic on Canvas In-Progress : Barton Springs Greenbelt Indian SummerA chore heat filled day where my keyboard evidently is deciding it’s had it, lol! Hopefully I finish this post 😊 Basically I started the groundwork for my newest painting, acrylic, wanting to settle on my composition before hand, unlike how I handled my just finished watercolor, same size, where I inserted my figure at the end.
- July 27, 2021 – 4 Weeks Running! My Most Viewed Image For the Week @FineArtAmerica, Summer is a Lady : #Watercolor on Paper #ContemporaryImpressionismI’m sure I’ve had images repeat as most viewed 4 times in a row, but I wasn’t paying as much attention to that as I try to nowadays 😊 Summer is a Lady continues to simmer atop my selection of photos and artwork and illustrated poetry ♥️
- July 26, 2021 – Where I Left Off Before Our Trip, New #Watercolor on Canvas Completed : Barton Springs Greenbelt Indian SummerI just took another look at my newly completed painting (above) to try for some settled sentiment I can include for my post, and I do have that – some settled sentiment. I’m still digesting and assimilating what this new work means to me. Though I know it’s incomplete, because I also know this work is more a conscious marker of where I want to head, and feel compelled to head toward, I do have a grasp enough to point out some things that are making themselves more known to me.
- July 25, 2021 – Where I Left Off Before Our Trip, New Watercolor on Canvas in-progress, Developing the Right Figure to AddAs you can tell from my top pic, my efforts to progress from my value study and digital studies below are not going great, lol! I take solace from several things —
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
Thanks everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html