My Yesterday in Pictures Format
I’ve simply built my daily walking & painting up to the point where I need the time for these two vital parts of keeping me healthy and/or sane, lol!
My Day Ahead series posts will continue, but on a much more intermittent basis. Already it seems some of that series’ usefulness is being incorporated into this new series’ format, me yakking ‘bout what when on, on the yesterday part of my life anyway, lol! It’s a continuing experiment of course, so we’ll see 😊
Night Flower 8×8 Oil In-Progress
So originally, this 8×8 was left as is back before summer before the move & surgeries, except for the big mass of lighter heavy lavender patches. Basically it had the crescent moon, black background and lots of smudges, lol!
I wanted to glaze the lavender patches, but am still getting a handle on oil glazing and made my mixture way to thick. I was hurry to get “some” painting in before the light left and the day was too packed with chores, phone calls, and holiday related stuff.
- be more patient. I waited all these months, and hurrying now only created more challenges than I’d wanted, ie. paint has to dry before I can glaze the way I want
- also create more space and time to mix the thinner glaze I’d envisioned
- and the less vibrant lavender tones fit the mood I liked about the first big pass on this since I’d left it be before summer, ie, brighter isn’t always the answer (though still my usual preference)
- oils are even more different from acrylic glazes than I’d experienced yet
- but, oil scrape away layers much easier than acrylics
- and, the glare on the surface taking the pic suggests an interesting diagonal split ‘tween real dark and less dark backgrounds
So this gives a little idea of my thinking, at least in regards to this piece.
It also puts an even stronger contrast for me re glazing (or trying to glaze, lol!) between oils and acrylics. I wouldn’t’ve been able to scrape off the acrylic paint as well as I did the oil, though w/a damp cloth or paper towel, could have wiped off as much as hadn’t dried yet. But then again, after a few minutes, I could’ve painted over the sections I wanted changed (light to dark).
Either way, shaping the image, like I’ve done w/my recent and 1st acrylic since the 80s, Floating Flowers, is a critical part of the creative process for me. Good for me to know, and good for me as fun 💕 😊
Another Legacy 8×8 From Before the Surgeries
Just a quick look at another work I’ve recently picked up from where I’d left off this past spring (before the move & surgeries). Not completely sure what direction this might take, but had a few notions when I saw this again in good light, the textures suggesting possibilities to me….
Anyway, glad to have dug down into my art again today after my trip to Houston w/family to see my mom and Christmas lights.
Thanks everyone, take care! 😊
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products For This Post
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- February 28, 2021 – My Most Viewed Image This Week @FineArtAmerica, Watercolor, “Charcoal Mountain”Using one of Arteza’s black brush pens, it shows the pen’s exceptional ability to lay down thick and wash pigment (see image below). The thick nicely textured Canson XL watercolor paper of course helps too 😊
- February 27, 2021 – (Manageable) Adverse Reaction After My 1st of 2 Covid Shots + Info re Reporting Adverse Reaction InfoIt’s been an interesting slight roller coaster for me since getting my 1st of 2 Moderna Covid shots recently!
- February 26, 2021 – Day After Our 1st of 2 Covid Shots + Info re 2nd ShotThe young lady above fared fairly well 1st day after our 1st of 2 Moderna Covid shots 😊 A sore arm, a little tired, but able and willing to do today’s SilverSneakers Cardio class! Me? Well 😏
- February 25, 2021 – Got Our 1st of 2 Covid Shots Today!Reposting my FB post here…And a bit more info in general below my pic 😊
- February 25, 2021 – Austin Winter Storm, Is It a Wrap?Is our #TexasFreeze winter storm over? A wrap? Done and ready to be forgotten?
- February 24, 2021 – The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number I.2.1 – with CommentaryI’ve no real idea if this is common, a little common, or just plain uncommon, lol, to other artists.
- February 23, 2021 – Texas Hill Country November – circa 2021 Watercolor – Adan’s PhotoPoemsThough an abstract, I think one of the things I like best about Texas Hill Country November, is it captures a little of the sense of the authentic the Texas landscaped outside….
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
Thanks everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html