Little Steps Poster ©Felipe Adan Lerma
Good news on my Mom’s 93rd birthday 😊
Wasn’t able to do much more than chores and a relaxing 7 minute SilverSneakers yoga stretch today, but got to see my mom reach 93, even if I couldn’t go see her ❤️ She was inundated with good wish calls, so am aiming for some FaceTime or phone time with her this weekend.
With so much going on, and a second rare day filled with chores outside the house til past noon, and still taking my antibiotics, I was again too kaput to paint by late afternoon. I have some photo ideas I’d really like to try making into silhouette paintings, so I know it’s only a matter of time, ie, when not if, and that’s a good thing!
So today’s other good news, besides my mom’s milestone, and I’m beginning to suspect the milestones of living are really each day, is from my wife’s home state of Vermont and place where she attended college, UVM, ie, the University of Vermont.
By default, I guess this is also a sorta reblog within a blog, lol – but here’s the link and blurb into :
A team of University of Vermont scientists, engineers and doctors has created an inexpensive and quick-to-manufacture ventilator intended to help patients suffering from serious cases…
— Read on www.sevendaysvt.com/OffMessage/archives/2020/04/07/uvm-scientists-engineers-team-up-to-create-vermontilator .
It’s a fascinating if short posting from my daily newsletter from Seven Days Vermont.
The newsletter’s blurb reads —
A team of University of Vermont scientists, engineers and doctors has created an inexpensive and quick-to-manufacture ventilator intended to help patients suffering from serious cases of COVID-19.www.sevendaysvt.com/OffMessage/archives/2020/04/07/uvm-scientists-engineers-team-up-to-create-vermontilator
The Vermontilator is about the size of a toaster and weighs about five pounds. Unlike a traditional ventilator — a complex device that can cost more than $25,000 to make — the Vermontilator can be built for a couple hundred bucks with simple, widely available parts. It’s powered by a 12-volt battery.
And the details of ways it’s better than it’s $25,000 counterpart are truly fascinating! Though not meant to replace.
And because of superb planning between the Republican Governor and Democratic Vermont Senate and House and the University of Vermont, the plan is to have enough produced to help the state as it reaches its peak of the virus curve very closely to the same time as here in Texas.
Plus, one of my favorite quotes in the article,
“You recognize the gravity of what we’re all facing,” Lane said of the ventilator project. “When folks say we’re all in this together, the reality is, we’re all in this together.”
We truly are all in this together, whether voting, delivering food to innocent children, or building an inexpensive easy to make ventilator 💕
Stay well everyone! Be safe, keep keeping hope!
Series link – Aging Through Covid-19
Suggested link, the topic of mail in voting is hot right now, and will probably heat up into November. I found this site, Vote.org — it provides information (I think I didn’t make it all the way to the end, lol!) for anyone in any of the fifty states, overseas, and our military! – https://www.vote.org/absentee-voting-rules/ . I didn’t realize states constrict or allow nearly as many types of eligible voters as there are states! So wise to check!
Do you have good, positive, useful or encouraging info to share? Please post in the moderated comments below 😊
Note: Each time I post while doing this series (may it be a short series, but if so, for positive reasons 😊), I’ll post one or more links to posts I feel are worth seeing or reading. Some will be COVID-19 specific, some just uplifting, some encouraging via exercise or nutrition etc, but all within the rubric of what we’re all facing tougher ❤️
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- At Rest With Nature – New Watercolor on Absorbent Ground, May 2020At Peace With Nature has several firsts for me. One, it’s a 5×7 stretched canvas, another size like my recent 6×12, A Walk Among the Wildflowers, I haven’t done in quite awhile, certainly even further back by maybe even decades, lol! It’s an interesting size, being small, yet enabling and enhancing the sense of length or height, like the 6×12, but more subtly.
- Aging Through Covid-19, May 27, 2020Personal Transitions During Stay-at-Home Distancing No BIG in the typical sense of what I tend to think “big” life change/transitions are, but with no blog post for 5 or 6 days, I gave up figuring out the exact # of days, lol, I felt compelled to say a little something.
- Aging Through Covid-19, May 26, 2020Photo Lessons for Dummies by BE KITSCHIG is a superb humor laden look at the all too common pitfalls and inadvertent mistakes we all non-professionals make with our cameras 😂
- A Walk Among the WildFlowers – New Watercolor on Absorbent Ground, May 2020As one can tell by my photo below, I took a few liberties, but to some extent, that happens whether I plan it or not, lol 😂 But I like the result too much to alter anything on it. Another version, another time, will elicit a different response, and I do think this is one motif I’ll want to do more of, vs variations for just practice 😊
- Aging Through Covid-19, May 20, 2020A bit of news out of my home state of Texas. For the past decade, the two main political parties of that state have battled in and out of court in regard to things vote related. Actually seemingly everything vote related, lol!
- Covid-19 Visit to Lady Bird Wildflower Center May 2020 💐First trip I can think of for Sheila & myself, much less with Max, since maybe pre-Covid! 💕 Short, less than 2 hours, and less than 15 minutes from home, but what a treat! 😊
- Aging Through Covid-19, May 18, 2020A superb article, mostly for two reasons. One, it covers a huge range of our everyday activities. Two, it differentiates into most the activities, delineating what makes it risky or less so, in general.
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html