Little Steps Poster ©Felipe Adan Lerma
Wearing masks in Austin starts (officially) today
Just a few days after seeing close to 90% of the folks at a local supermarket not wearing masks, not donning gloves, and generally putting their phones and other items on the fresh produce, the City of Austin has issued an order for all folks to wear masks to grocery stores, pharmacies, etc. Going running or biking or walking is excluded as long as social distancing is observed.
I’m glad! 😊
Here’s a chart of Covid-19 cases by age in Austin. Very telling. Unfortunately reflects what I saw at the grocery store late Saturday morning, ie, who wore masks & who wasn’t (or gloves).
Twice in writing this I’ve lost huge chunks of carefully written additional material. I give up. Too tiring 😞
I’ll “try” and just close this post, again, trying to add that, at the store this morning, all but 3 people were wearing masks, and when told about the new Austin reg, it was obvious they hadn’t known about it.
That’s encouraging. People, most people, are trying.
Stay steady everyone 💕
Series link – Aging Through Covid-19
“What Do Countries With The Best Coronavirus Reponses Have In Common? Women Leaders” – https://www.forbes.com/sites/avivahwittenbergcox/2020/04/13/what-do-countries-with-the-best-coronavirus-reponses-have-in-common-women-leaders/ . Super article with great examples of why and how!
Do you have good, positive, useful or encouraging info to share? Please post in the moderated comments below 😊
Note: Each time I post while doing this series (may it be a short series, but if so, for positive reasons 😊), I’ll post one or more links to posts I feel are worth seeing or reading. Some will be COVID-19 specific, some just uplifting, some encouraging via exercise or nutrition etc, but all within the rubric of what we’re all facing tougher ❤️
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number II.6.1“They sat side by side in the booth, talking about their family, the weather….”
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number II.5.1“Much like art, Arturo thought to himself, walking up the stone-touched step way to a nearby church where they taught other seniors, yes, produce from the heart….”
- Tweets That Caught My Eye on Twitter – Tina @Tina69911364 #LyricLandscape“Tina’s sharing of impressionist painter Richard Schmid’s image, plus Patricia Hampl’s evocative words, strikes a deep chord in me.“
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number II.4.1“Their exhausted satisfaction with their day at the art festival, left Rosetta and Arturo surprisingly wanting, needing, their own personal exhaustion, with each other.“
- September 19, 2020 – Turning 70 in One Month Yet Feeling Like 16 Still Stuck in Time – But, This Time I Get to Vote“I remember distinctly hearing this song many places many times through several years while in high school, but especially early on.“
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number II.3.4“… he felt his body resting upon the bed.”
- Aging Gracefully During Covid-19 : The Seasons – and Hopefully The Times – Are A Changin’“Doubts about whether 70 would actually be that major a marker for me, in terms of how hard and how far to push myself, held me back from developing thIs post though, until today!“
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html