Little Steps Poster ©Felipe Adan Lerma
Wearing masks in Austin starts (officially) today
Just a few days after seeing close to 90% of the folks at a local supermarket not wearing masks, not donning gloves, and generally putting their phones and other items on the fresh produce, the City of Austin has issued an order for all folks to wear masks to grocery stores, pharmacies, etc. Going running or biking or walking is excluded as long as social distancing is observed.
I’m glad! 😊
Here’s a chart of Covid-19 cases by age in Austin. Very telling. Unfortunately reflects what I saw at the grocery store late Saturday morning, ie, who wore masks & who wasn’t (or gloves).
Twice in writing this I’ve lost huge chunks of carefully written additional material. I give up. Too tiring 😞
I’ll “try” and just close this post, again, trying to add that, at the store this morning, all but 3 people were wearing masks, and when told about the new Austin reg, it was obvious they hadn’t known about it.
That’s encouraging. People, most people, are trying.
Stay steady everyone 💕
Series link – Aging Through Covid-19
“What Do Countries With The Best Coronavirus Reponses Have In Common? Women Leaders” – https://www.forbes.com/sites/avivahwittenbergcox/2020/04/13/what-do-countries-with-the-best-coronavirus-reponses-have-in-common-women-leaders/ . Super article with great examples of why and how!
Do you have good, positive, useful or encouraging info to share? Please post in the moderated comments below 😊
Note: Each time I post while doing this series (may it be a short series, but if so, for positive reasons 😊), I’ll post one or more links to posts I feel are worth seeing or reading. Some will be COVID-19 specific, some just uplifting, some encouraging via exercise or nutrition etc, but all within the rubric of what we’re all facing tougher ❤️
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number III.4.3“…after he transferred the new images to their old laptop, they arrowed-down their day in pictures in silence.”
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number III.4.2“Arturo felt he was on the verge of a new visual frontier. The short Vermont summer stretched itself full for both Arturo and Rosetta. Morning light began before five. And evenings glowed past nine.“
- Tweets That Caught My Eye on Twitter – Regina Puckett @ReginaPucket #WriterPoetArtist“Prolific, to describe Regina and her body of work, feels like saying the world is round and filled with astounding diversity of life….”
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number III.4.1“Arturo chose a small digital camera from several available from students graduating and leaving the area….”
- Happy Thanksgiving 2020Happy Thanksgiving 2020! Though we’ve obviously many many challenges and problems, we’ve also much to be grateful for.
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number III.3.2“Gently, he rubbed at a few spots he knew were extra tough, noticing a tender lone hair nearby….”
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number III.3.1“Face held still, eyes wide open, Arturo examined his features and almost grizzly, mostly grey beard in the ancient mirror that Anna’s dad said was original to the old fisherman’s hut.”
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html