Little Steps Poster ©Felipe Adan Lerma
Wearing masks in Austin starts (officially) today
Just a few days after seeing close to 90% of the folks at a local supermarket not wearing masks, not donning gloves, and generally putting their phones and other items on the fresh produce, the City of Austin has issued an order for all folks to wear masks to grocery stores, pharmacies, etc. Going running or biking or walking is excluded as long as social distancing is observed.
I’m glad! 😊
Here’s a chart of Covid-19 cases by age in Austin. Very telling. Unfortunately reflects what I saw at the grocery store late Saturday morning, ie, who wore masks & who wasn’t (or gloves).
Twice in writing this I’ve lost huge chunks of carefully written additional material. I give up. Too tiring 😞
I’ll “try” and just close this post, again, trying to add that, at the store this morning, all but 3 people were wearing masks, and when told about the new Austin reg, it was obvious they hadn’t known about it.
That’s encouraging. People, most people, are trying.
Stay steady everyone 💕
Series link – Aging Through Covid-19
“What Do Countries With The Best Coronavirus Reponses Have In Common? Women Leaders” – https://www.forbes.com/sites/avivahwittenbergcox/2020/04/13/what-do-countries-with-the-best-coronavirus-reponses-have-in-common-women-leaders/ . Super article with great examples of why and how!
Do you have good, positive, useful or encouraging info to share? Please post in the moderated comments below 😊
Note: Each time I post while doing this series (may it be a short series, but if so, for positive reasons 😊), I’ll post one or more links to posts I feel are worth seeing or reading. Some will be COVID-19 specific, some just uplifting, some encouraging via exercise or nutrition etc, but all within the rubric of what we’re all facing tougher ❤️
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- February 25, 2021 – Austin Winter Storm, Is It a Wrap?Is our #TexasFreeze winter storm over? A wrap? Done and ready to be forgotten?
- February 24, 2021 – The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number I.2.1 – with CommentaryI’ve no real idea if this is common, a little common, or just plain uncommon, lol, to other artists.
- February 23, 2021 – Texas Hill Country November – circa 2021 Watercolor – Adan’s PhotoPoemsThough an abstract, I think one of the things I like best about Texas Hill Country November, is it captures a little of the sense of the authentic the Texas landscaped outside….
- February 22, 2021 – Austin Winter Storm, Power is On, Water is Running, Boil Ban is Canceled, and – I Shaved!It’s hard to express the relief in again having the taken-for-granted luxury of running water, power to heat and cool our air and bodies, and being able to stand with family, even if for a short time, even if we knew we’d all four had to have been social distancing / masking – even if out doors in our relatively fresh Austin city air.
- February 21, 2021 – Austin Winter Storm, Hope is a Wet Blue Line and One Brave Bird in a TreeMy apologies for the break in communication continuity since yesterday morning – it’s been a rough but promising ride, and, I got my own answer as to how come the phrase/idea, “Why the Caged Bird Sings” has always appealed to me 😊
- February 20, 2021 – Austin Winter Storm, Possible Light End of A Cold TunnelThe Texas Tribune has lots of articles examining both the overall and details of this disaster. A major component, as voiced from different directions, is cost —
- February 19, 2021 – Austin Winter Storm, The Light in the ColdThe Texas Tribune has lots of articles examining both the overall and details of this disaster. A major component, as voiced from different directions, is cost —
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html