Featured Images Change
As I’ve developed various series, most named for being about photo-poems, Fine Art America pics, paintings, or photography, etc, they remained fairly self explanatory, with featured images reflecting the posts’ contents.
With more recent series, like My Day Ahead, I gained simplicity of day to day posting, for awhile, but lost the specificities, over time, as the series continued, of what the nuance, or subject of the day was all about.
Even in my current series, Covid-19, the same thing’s happened.
My solution, since it appears the virus is to be with us for awhile, and it’s importance transcends any desire to simply let it go, has been to replace the repeating featured image (unless there’s no pic or pic I want to feature), and, add subtitles to the blog title.
And the series name’s changed slightly, from “Aging Through Covid-19” to “Aging Gracefully – During Covid-19” — each with specific sub-titles.
Plus doing plain ole standalone titles, like A Walk Among the WildFlowers – New Watercolor on Absorbent Ground, May 2020 .
Now, as you can see via the top two screenshots, it’s very easy for me, and a reader, to scroll to and click on a visual, or titled, topic of interest! 😊
Adding Subtitles to Series
And as you can see in the two screenshots below, the same is also true of my own WordPress working page for my posts.
As I mentioned in a recent post, Aging Gracefully – During Covid-19 – A New Series, Serial Series’, this will have many benefits I believe, for me and the reader — continuity with nuance!
And though at first glance the “pre” on my Posts Page dashboard (right side image) appears cleaner, the sub-titled left-side image version gives me – and the reader/visitor on my site – much more easily seen information what the post is about, art or fitness and such.
I’d like to update earlier previous series I’ve had but’ll have to see about the usual challenge, time 😊
Meanwhile, let me know what you think of the change, your reader view of what you see now, and how you imagine your dashboard page of your posts might feel with the difference.
Remain well all, stay creative! ❤️
Related post – Good News Alert – Reached Best Visitor-Views Total For Any Year! 😊
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- June 29, 2022 – Someone Very Glad to See Us Today!As per yesterday, still very exhausted feeling, but Sheila & I both beginning to also feel the move-fatigue to our new place is slowly being replaced by relief fatigue….
- June 28, 2022 – Record # of 100 Degree Days in June. Then it Rained….This evening ( Monday, June 27, 2022 ) here in Austin, we broke the all-time record for number of days 100 degrees or more – and – the clouds and rain and cooler air swept through and we dared open the blinds and step outside before 10 pm, lol!
- June 27, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Austin Poster” ( circa 2021 ) #AustinTexas #AustinPhotographyLast week my most viewed image on Fine Art America was an Austin sunset image ( circa 2017 ) and this week a recent 2021 early am summer shot, “Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Austin Poster” – an image I captured in the greenbelt on the Violet Crown trail 😊
- June 26, 2022 – Sending Me Memories : A Grandchild in #ParisI know that look, I know that stance, and I know that view 💕 Our youngest grandchild and his mom are spending a few days in Paris, and who can’t resist making a stop at the Louvre? I know Sheila and I couldn’t when we were there, lol!
- June 25, 2022 – Aging Gracefully : A Spot of Oasis in My Life From the Heat OutsideThough we again went out in the morning for chores, and held them down to groceries and some exercise, the heat finally got to me today.
- June 24, 2022 – Aging Gracefully : Doing Chores, Exercises, Eating Well and Hanging in There in 100+ Degree HeatIt’s a minute to ten, past my bedtime for all practical purposes, lol! But had to get this short post out so ya’ll will know us 70+ year olds ( wife & I ) are – so far – successfully pacing through a 2nd month of all time record high temps here in Austin.
- June 23, 2022 – El Marisquero Seafood – 1st Time Eating Outside in a Texas Summer in Decades! #FoodTruck #EastAustinThough I definitely can’t make it a habit, having a great tasting lunch break “outside” in the middle of the day in 100+ degree weather here in Austin was more than bearable – actually a pleasure!
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html