Featured Images Change
As I’ve developed various series, most named for being about photo-poems, Fine Art America pics, paintings, or photography, etc, they remained fairly self explanatory, with featured images reflecting the posts’ contents.
With more recent series, like My Day Ahead, I gained simplicity of day to day posting, for awhile, but lost the specificities, over time, as the series continued, of what the nuance, or subject of the day was all about.
Even in my current series, Covid-19, the same thing’s happened.
My solution, since it appears the virus is to be with us for awhile, and it’s importance transcends any desire to simply let it go, has been to replace the repeating featured image (unless there’s no pic or pic I want to feature), and, add subtitles to the blog title.
And the series name’s changed slightly, from “Aging Through Covid-19” to “Aging Gracefully – During Covid-19” — each with specific sub-titles.
Plus doing plain ole standalone titles, like A Walk Among the WildFlowers – New Watercolor on Absorbent Ground, May 2020 .
Now, as you can see via the top two screenshots, it’s very easy for me, and a reader, to scroll to and click on a visual, or titled, topic of interest! 😊
Adding Subtitles to Series
And as you can see in the two screenshots below, the same is also true of my own WordPress working page for my posts.
As I mentioned in a recent post, Aging Gracefully – During Covid-19 – A New Series, Serial Series’, this will have many benefits I believe, for me and the reader — continuity with nuance!
And though at first glance the “pre” on my Posts Page dashboard (right side image) appears cleaner, the sub-titled left-side image version gives me – and the reader/visitor on my site – much more easily seen information what the post is about, art or fitness and such.
I’d like to update earlier previous series I’ve had but’ll have to see about the usual challenge, time 😊
Meanwhile, let me know what you think of the change, your reader view of what you see now, and how you imagine your dashboard page of your posts might feel with the difference.
Remain well all, stay creative! ❤️
Related post – Good News Alert – Reached Best Visitor-Views Total For Any Year! 😊
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
Painting Instruction Videos https://amzn.to/2ZNgxfi
Painting Instruction Prime Video https://amzn.to/35oeMq2
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number I.11“Maybe now, in my sixties, he thought, my days are like weeks now….”
- The Old American Artist by Felipe Adan Lerma – Twitter Excerpt SeriesLooking back at older work, like my 80s acrylics or 2000s water soluble oils, can be lots of things : sobering 😂 and, when I spot patterns of motifs or preferences in my work, very helpful for me, enabling me to see enduring patterns of interests. The same, it turns out, even with its own variations, is true for other art forms I’ve worked out most my life, like writing, whether patterns of expression and beliefs within my blog posts, or, in the case of The Old American Artist – a semi-autobiographical literally fiction-like novella, connections right back to my most enduring focus. Art ❤️
- My Return to Regular Pricing @FineArtAmerica July 2020It’s been a few months since I started my $1 pricing markup experiment on Fine Art America. It was a worthwhile experiment, where I was hoping to generate more interest in my work in general, plus rack up a few low profit but visibility expanding sales 😊
- Aging Gracefully – Through Covid-19 – New Paris Painting In-Progress: Lady in Paris 1889, Details One Week ApartI’ve worked on Lady in Paris 1889 in-between some smaller watercolor (vs acrylic pieces), though a lot of the new touches to this work have been watercolor paint w/matte acrylic medium, basically making it an acrylic, but with some watercolor features, like the particular pigments I really wanted to use 😊
- Aging Gracefully – During Covid-19 – Update with SilverSneakers Stability Class at Gold’s Gym with Curt HollandLast week I post a more in-depth post, pictures & info, of the SilverSneakers Stability class Sheila and I take with Curt Holland at Gold’s Gym here in Austin, promising to update with a shot I thought I’d taken but, well, didn’t take, lol! That’s the shot above 😊
- Adan’s Movie/Cable TV Reviews – “Midnight in Paris” Viewed a Decade Later – Better Than I’d Realized – 5 Stars +Yet, familiar as it was, watching it again yesterday, half in the afternoon, the other half before bed (yeah, a luxury of both staying-home and being retired ❤️), remembering how enchanted we’d been seeing this together, ten years ago – it was like it was brand new again!
- Aging Gracefully – Through Covid-19 – Sold My 1st Face Mask, a Paris Mask! @FineArtAmerica!A quick post to announce & celebrate selling my first face mask! Special thanks to my buyer in Ohio! ❤️
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html