As one can tell by my photo below, I took a few liberties, but to some extent, that happens whether I plan it or not, lol 😂
But I like the result too much to alter anything on it. Another version, another time, will elicit a different response, and I do think this is one motif I’ll want to do more of, vs variations for just practice 😊
This is also my 1st 6×12 painting in I don’t know how long, maybe a year?
Like a lot of artists, I either can’t get or don’t want to spend more $ buying canvases right now – unless of course I suddenly sell a lot of work ☺️ But before the virus, way back it seems, during the holidays & post-holidays sales, I did invest a variety of sizes, from my 6x6s (now running a “little” low), 5x7s, up the various sizes to some fairly large.
My purchased/available quantities diminish as the sizes increase, and I want to preserve some of the smaller sizes and not use them all up and not have choices if I have the need, or strong desire, to paint one of the smaller sizes. Right now even 8x10s look big after so many 6x6s 😊
Like my more recent 6×6 Eiffel Tower & figure work, I’m opting to “vintage” the edges. I didn’t have as much to clean up this time, so I mainly used white gouache, but some stubborn spots took some acrylic white elbow grease!
The photo, as alluded to in the painting’s title, was taken during our members only visit to Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center. What a treasure trove for the soul, and what a treasure trove of painting inspiration 💐
Stay well everyone! Enjoy life safely as possible! ❤️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- May 20, 2022 – Will My New #Austin #Photography Poster, Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Join My Austin Pink Sunset Photo and Lou Neff Digital Art Poster in Sales?The question itself, whether Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt will match or join my currently selling best prints, is a question more of hope and companionship for my image of a truly usually bright spot in Austin, the system of greenbelts preserving the water that makes living here even possible ❤️
- May 19, 2022 – Hardest / Best Part of My Strength Class Recently – Releasing Myself a SmileIt’s nearing 8pm and I’m trying to apply an exercise lesson our online SilverSneakers instructor, Michelle, brought up a few times today – smile 😊
- May 18, 2022 – Places In or Near Austin Texas You Can See and Buy My Prints ( Art and Photography ) #PrimalGallery #OldBakery&EmporiumPrints have consistently out-sold my originals if for no other reasons than they are less expensive and usually have more items to choose from. Not bad reasons at all 😊 What I want to do now though is, begin to –
- May 17, 2022 – I Have a Lot of Happenings ( art & personal ) This Week, But Still Finding Moments To Start a New Painting : Morning’s PromiseIt’s nice to dance the surface of my canvas as needed. And able ☺️ And right now, a light step, at an easy pace, may give me the time – and energy – to get more than a handful of other needed things also done this week. Not a bad compromise. For now 😊
- May 16, 2022 – New Diptych : “Freedom” Almost Finished, Panels Need Signing ( front & back )And what I’ve come across figuring out how to make prints of this that folks can work with, ie, close to or within standard size dimensions, was how to get a 22×28 image convert into – in 2 examples – an 8×10 or 12×18, and I came up with this as a starting prototype….
- May 15, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Spring Rising”I’d done a lot of deep or darker night-like paintings for a bit, so it felt pretty nice to lighten up my palette for awhile. Working back & forth, from the two approaches – playing the potential good from both approaches seems to suit my Libra middle, lol!
- May 14, 2022 – My 1st Classical Stretch Workout with Miranda Esmonde-White ( via YouTube ) in Many Months!Though similar to SilverSneakers’ classes, Miranda’s classes focus largely on making the fascia network in our bodies more fluid. Some movements are very similar, but more extended, dance-like, reflecting Miranda’s ballerina and dance background!
Thanks again, everyone! 😊