As one can tell by my photo below, I took a few liberties, but to some extent, that happens whether I plan it or not, lol 😂
But I like the result too much to alter anything on it. Another version, another time, will elicit a different response, and I do think this is one motif I’ll want to do more of, vs variations for just practice 😊
This is also my 1st 6×12 painting in I don’t know how long, maybe a year?
Like a lot of artists, I either can’t get or don’t want to spend more $ buying canvases right now – unless of course I suddenly sell a lot of work ☺️ But before the virus, way back it seems, during the holidays & post-holidays sales, I did invest a variety of sizes, from my 6x6s (now running a “little” low), 5x7s, up the various sizes to some fairly large.
My purchased/available quantities diminish as the sizes increase, and I want to preserve some of the smaller sizes and not use them all up and not have choices if I have the need, or strong desire, to paint one of the smaller sizes. Right now even 8x10s look big after so many 6x6s 😊
Like my more recent 6×6 Eiffel Tower & figure work, I’m opting to “vintage” the edges. I didn’t have as much to clean up this time, so I mainly used white gouache, but some stubborn spots took some acrylic white elbow grease!
The photo, as alluded to in the painting’s title, was taken during our members only visit to Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center. What a treasure trove for the soul, and what a treasure trove of painting inspiration 💐
Stay well everyone! Enjoy life safely as possible! ❤️
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- February 25, 2021 – Got Our 1st of 2 Covid Shots Today!Reposting my FB post here…And a bit more info in general below my pic 😊
- February 25, 2021 – Austin Winter Storm, Is It a Wrap?Is our #TexasFreeze winter storm over? A wrap? Done and ready to be forgotten?
- February 24, 2021 – The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number I.2.1 – with CommentaryI’ve no real idea if this is common, a little common, or just plain uncommon, lol, to other artists.
- February 23, 2021 – Texas Hill Country November – circa 2021 Watercolor – Adan’s PhotoPoemsThough an abstract, I think one of the things I like best about Texas Hill Country November, is it captures a little of the sense of the authentic the Texas landscaped outside….
- February 22, 2021 – Austin Winter Storm, Power is On, Water is Running, Boil Ban is Canceled, and – I Shaved!It’s hard to express the relief in again having the taken-for-granted luxury of running water, power to heat and cool our air and bodies, and being able to stand with family, even if for a short time, even if we knew we’d all four had to have been social distancing / masking – even if out doors in our relatively fresh Austin city air.
- February 21, 2021 – Austin Winter Storm, Hope is a Wet Blue Line and One Brave Bird in a TreeMy apologies for the break in communication continuity since yesterday morning – it’s been a rough but promising ride, and, I got my own answer as to how come the phrase/idea, “Why the Caged Bird Sings” has always appealed to me 😊
- February 20, 2021 – Austin Winter Storm, Possible Light End of A Cold TunnelThe Texas Tribune has lots of articles examining both the overall and details of this disaster. A major component, as voiced from different directions, is cost —
Thanks again, everyone! 😊