As one can tell by my photo below, I took a few liberties, but to some extent, that happens whether I plan it or not, lol 😂
But I like the result too much to alter anything on it. Another version, another time, will elicit a different response, and I do think this is one motif I’ll want to do more of, vs variations for just practice 😊
This is also my 1st 6×12 painting in I don’t know how long, maybe a year?
Like a lot of artists, I either can’t get or don’t want to spend more $ buying canvases right now – unless of course I suddenly sell a lot of work ☺️ But before the virus, way back it seems, during the holidays & post-holidays sales, I did invest a variety of sizes, from my 6x6s (now running a “little” low), 5x7s, up the various sizes to some fairly large.
My purchased/available quantities diminish as the sizes increase, and I want to preserve some of the smaller sizes and not use them all up and not have choices if I have the need, or strong desire, to paint one of the smaller sizes. Right now even 8x10s look big after so many 6x6s 😊
Like my more recent 6×6 Eiffel Tower & figure work, I’m opting to “vintage” the edges. I didn’t have as much to clean up this time, so I mainly used white gouache, but some stubborn spots took some acrylic white elbow grease!
The photo, as alluded to in the painting’s title, was taken during our members only visit to Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center. What a treasure trove for the soul, and what a treasure trove of painting inspiration 💐
Stay well everyone! Enjoy life safely as possible! ❤️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- January 01, 2023 – Happy New Year! : My Most Viewed Image the Last Week of 2022 @FineArtAmerica, Little Steps PosterA wonderfully fitting image as my most viewed this past week, the last week, of 2022 – Little Steps, my poster version ❤️ 🙏 ☺️
- December 18, 2022 – 1st Return Appearance Since Spring : My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, Blue with Gold Twilight – #PanoramaOcean waves of blue fill our skies and seas, cascading sighs and whispers of inspiration with each breath.
- December 11, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Austin Poster” ( circa 2021 ) #AustinTexas #AustinPhotographyMorning Light Poster also recently sold at the Old Bakery and Emporium 🙏😌
- December 03, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Costa Rica Sunset Panorama” : circa 2017I almost skipped even posting about it, but at 4x the views of the nearest most viewed of my images, I needed to drag myself out of my whatever-it-is recent posting stagnation, lol!
- November 21, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Dispatcher” : circa 2011I thought Dispatcher had once already been one of my most viewed of my work on Fine Art America, but I guess not! 😊 It’s been a popular poem, and with the holidays upon us, a great choice as a print or coffee mug ☕️ 🇺🇸
- November 13, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Cypress Creek Mid Afternoon Mid October” : Circa 2019Very unusual to have so many photos from my collection of images at Fine Art America show up among my 12 most viewed images there at FAA, and for so many showing up for the 1st time….
- November 08, 2022 – The Mid-Term Elections 2022 : This is It! If the Elections Are Important to You…VOTE!!!If the elections are important to you – vote! 😊🇺🇸🙏
Thanks again, everyone! 😊