As one can tell by my photo below, I took a few liberties, but to some extent, that happens whether I plan it or not, lol 😂
But I like the result too much to alter anything on it. Another version, another time, will elicit a different response, and I do think this is one motif I’ll want to do more of, vs variations for just practice 😊
This is also my 1st 6×12 painting in I don’t know how long, maybe a year?
Like a lot of artists, I either can’t get or don’t want to spend more $ buying canvases right now – unless of course I suddenly sell a lot of work ☺️ But before the virus, way back it seems, during the holidays & post-holidays sales, I did invest a variety of sizes, from my 6x6s (now running a “little” low), 5x7s, up the various sizes to some fairly large.
My purchased/available quantities diminish as the sizes increase, and I want to preserve some of the smaller sizes and not use them all up and not have choices if I have the need, or strong desire, to paint one of the smaller sizes. Right now even 8x10s look big after so many 6x6s 😊
Like my more recent 6×6 Eiffel Tower & figure work, I’m opting to “vintage” the edges. I didn’t have as much to clean up this time, so I mainly used white gouache, but some stubborn spots took some acrylic white elbow grease!
The photo, as alluded to in the painting’s title, was taken during our members only visit to Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center. What a treasure trove for the soul, and what a treasure trove of painting inspiration 💐
Stay well everyone! Enjoy life safely as possible! ❤️
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- August 04, 2021 – The Resurgence of COVID-19There’s few times life or death issues are so widespread they not only engulf those close to us, but nearly everyone one hears about – this is one of those times…KVUE news, whose images I’m using for this post, has an article title, “‘The choice now becomes vaccination or ventilator.’ 230 unvaccinated people hospitalized for COVID-19 in Austin in 2 weeks, versus 47 vaccinated.”
- August 03, 2021 – Working a New 16×20 Acrylic, Working Title : Testing the Water, Refining the Figure, Developing the BackgroundI wanted to do more on this but things are happening re Covid, in my life. I’ll have more on this very soon – nothing w/me or family here in Austin (despite horrid #s lately), but nearby, also here in Texas. Wonderful how fluid and flexible art is, giving us challenges one day, inspiration on another, and solace even when needed.
- August 02, 2021 – Prepping a New 16×20 Acrylic, Working Title : Testing the Water, 1st Figure Lay-inI included my most recent updated image from a post a few days ago further below. Besides the figure work (not yet complete), you can see where I continued to rework the area around the figure, setting her off more completely.
- August 01, 2021 – Some Interruptions in Life are BlessingsJust back from an incredible trip to the Galapagos west of Ecuador, wife & I got the opportunity to have the youngest grandchild over. This is from our mid-morning walk in warm dappled light ❤️ I only wish I’d realized the value of this with our own children more fully…
- July 31, 2021 – Prepping a New 16×20 Acrylic, Working Title : Testing the WaterThe initial goal was to simply select and mark the area for my figure. Then I freely applied Golden’s light molding paste, leaving the selected area for my figure much more level, and forming the paste into potentially vegetative designs as inspiration and malleable ground meshed —
- July 30, 2021 – What a Difference a New Keyboard Makes : LENRICH iPad pro 12.9 case with keyboardThis is an older now discontinued keyboard, but one of the few still available for my IPad Pro 2nd generation model (current model is 5th generation I believe), but I’m impressed with it enough to post about it and (if all continues well) my renewed ease of use not having to use the onscreen keyboard for blog posts, emails etc – that’s a big deal for me, lol! 😊
- July 29, 2021 – Whew! Yesterday Was a Day of Plowing Through, lol!Above is a picture of me November 2019 (notice the weather is warm but hot, finally 😊) and I look just a bit worn out? I’d just climbed the 218 steps to top of Old Baldy near Wimberley Texas! That’s kinda how I felt yesterday, only without as nice a view, lol! I’ll just say that….
Thanks again, everyone! 😊