May I be and act and love being this way at this age one day 💕
Vote! And vote early! Best in person or drop box (see below).
Whether by design or circumstance (virus, hate, weather, etc), it appears mailin ballots not sent by yesterday can’t be “guaranteed” to arrive in time to be counted! There’s been some push back by some courts and lawmakers to the USPS about this, but, to be safe, vote early, vote in person or via secure ballot drop box (probably at your county election office, best to check!).
These two tweets (above & below) are election specific, but they offer hope about the quality of our future, at work and in schools, and that, I believe, is worth knowing about when deciding whom to vote for going forward, from country city and state, to the federal level itself 😊
More to be aware of re your mailin ballot below –
Being Hispanic myself, and (except for my Mom – poll worker, etc), I saw first hand the apathy and sense of futility folks from my culture have endure and, unfortunately, used as an excuse not to participate! So this news above is heartening indeed!
Vote folks! For whomever you prefer!
It’s the least expensive easiest form of self proclaimed independence one can have in our country! ❤️
My feeling is we need a national voting law or act that universalizes voting rights and procedures for all of us, of any political party, from top to bottom, in all voting jurisdictions in our country.
Vote, and vote early everyone! 😊 🇺🇸
I’m putting my regular posting on hold (‘cept for an art post or so 😊) until after the election.
It’s as good of a positive excuse as I’ll ever need, lol! I’m running incredibly behind uploading to Fine Art America original work I’m producing (meaning I’m still painting! ❤️), and struggling to keep up my Old American Artist tweet-posts w/the actual release of them on Twitter. And, haven’t done one follow up on my newsletter in, what, a month! So here’s the plan –
Once we’re past the election by a few days to a week, I plan to :
- Resume posting my Twitter tweet excerpt posts from The Old American Artist, Monday-Friday. If you’d like an earlier look, I’ll still be posting them onto Twitter itself (the blog postings lag the actual tweets by a few days) and can be followed via the hashtag #OldAmericanArtistExcerpts @FelipeAdanLerma . My tweet excerpt series itself here on my blog is at – https://felipeadanlerma.com/tag/oldamericanartistexcerpts/ .
- Resume posting my Fine Art America upload series with commentary. Considering I’m still blogging ‘bout pic I uploaded spring of 2006, that series has a “long” way to go, lol! That series, also here on my site, is at – https://felipeadanlerma.com/tag/my-faa-image-series/ .
- Resume posting my Tweets That Caught My Eye on Twitter series. Of the three currently running/returning series – this is the most varied and diverse : art to science to poetry to saying to simply an image; from humorous to serious to sensuous and odd ball in-between 😊 this is a fun series for me, and, based on my views, for my readers. I hope you’ll take a look and discover some interesting folks to follow on Twitter! That series is tagged as – https://felipeadanlerma.com/tag/tweets-that-caught-my-eye/ .
Meanwhile, I’ll try to –
- Catch up (at least somewhat) uploading my current art work (mostly watercolors w/touches of gouache) onto Fine Art America .
- Get a newsletter on my available art sent out.
- Post a few art related posts to compliment the Election 2020 series. One such topic I want to do is a review of Arteza’s watercolor brush pens I’ve used the past few days on two watercolors. My review of the 24 pen set on Amazon is at – https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R27VQOSU9JVWO2/ . They were quite fun to use 😊
- And, of course, present this new time limited (I hope! 😂) series – Election 2020. My objective, though I have my own strong preferences, is to encourage folks to exercise their constitutional right to vote, for whomever one prefers. I’ll probably post tweets that emphasize how the election is shaping up in terms of voting rights, voting numbers, and current voting related court cases – vs commentary specific to one candidate in terms of their position.
More of my posters / sayings currently available on Fine Art America art at –
Take care everyone! Vote! For whomever you like, but exercise our free constitutional right to choose who represents us! 💕
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- February 25, 2021 – Got Our 1st of 2 Covid Shots Today!Reposting my FB post here…And a bit more info in general below my pic 😊
- February 25, 2021 – Austin Winter Storm, Is It a Wrap?Is our #TexasFreeze winter storm over? A wrap? Done and ready to be forgotten?
- February 24, 2021 – The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number I.2.1 – with CommentaryI’ve no real idea if this is common, a little common, or just plain uncommon, lol, to other artists.
- February 23, 2021 – Texas Hill Country November – circa 2021 Watercolor – Adan’s PhotoPoemsThough an abstract, I think one of the things I like best about Texas Hill Country November, is it captures a little of the sense of the authentic the Texas landscaped outside….
- February 22, 2021 – Austin Winter Storm, Power is On, Water is Running, Boil Ban is Canceled, and – I Shaved!It’s hard to express the relief in again having the taken-for-granted luxury of running water, power to heat and cool our air and bodies, and being able to stand with family, even if for a short time, even if we knew we’d all four had to have been social distancing / masking – even if out doors in our relatively fresh Austin city air.
- February 21, 2021 – Austin Winter Storm, Hope is a Wet Blue Line and One Brave Bird in a TreeMy apologies for the break in communication continuity since yesterday morning – it’s been a rough but promising ride, and, I got my own answer as to how come the phrase/idea, “Why the Caged Bird Sings” has always appealed to me 😊
- February 20, 2021 – Austin Winter Storm, Possible Light End of A Cold TunnelThe Texas Tribune has lots of articles examining both the overall and details of this disaster. A major component, as voiced from different directions, is cost —
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html