It’s been awhile since I’ve done an art post, having been doing a mini Election 2020 series, but I have continued painting — a nice group of smaller (5×7 & 8×10) watercolors on panels and stretched canvas.
Plus, I haven’t had a chance to upload any (still have a few florals to upload ahead of these, lol!) – so, I thought, why not just do some short video spans of the work to give everyone an idea what I’ve been working on. And of course, if you have any questions (or offers! 😊) please let me know.
I was afraid one long video would eat up too much space or wouldn’t upload at all, being too big, so here’s three shorter pans of the work, hope you enjoy!
A note on the screenshot, the painting is modeled after one of Monet’s variations of Woman with a Parasol. I tinkered with the coloring etc 😊 Here’s a good Google search of variations Monet himself painted – always loved this image; evidently’s his first wife, Camille I believe (died early) and sometimes his son in it also – https://www.google.com/search?q=monet+girl+with+umbrella .
Sometimes I remember I can also click on “images” near the top of the search page; did so & got this – https://www.google.com/search?q=monet+girl+with+umbrella&sxsrf=ALeKk00FCDL0EdSOfCh9LyM1U2CK21JBIg:1604581581648&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwibmL-ZvOvsAhVMUK0KHUUUDKcQ_AUoAnoECBAQBA&biw=1366&bih=916&dpr=2 .
If you are interested in any of these smaller works, please feel free to contact me. If you don’t have my info already, please send a message via Fine Art America’s private email service, and if you think I may have missed it, just drop me a note in the comments 😊
Join Email List or Contact Me at Fine Art America – Felipe Adan Lerma Artist
email me – https://fineartamerica.com/sendemail.html?artistid=459979 or
join my email newsletter list – https://fineartamerica.com/subscribememberemaillist.html?memberidtype=artistid&memberid=459979
Thanks so much everyone! I hope to slowly reintroduce my various ongoing series before I got wrapped up with my mini Election 2020 posts, including my Twitter tweet highlights – Tweets That Caught My Eye, posts on work I’ve uploaded to Fine Art America – Adan’s Fine Art America Images, and of course the excerpts from my 2012 semi-autobiographical novella, The Old American Artist.
Stay safe, be well 💕
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- October 17, 2021 – My Most Viewed Image For a 2nd Week @FineArtAmerica, Abstract Study 1, #watercolorThough I’ve had some of my images repeat a 2nd week or more, or return again after awhile to place top of my views for the week at Fine Art America, it’s still rare for an abstract of mine to do so. It’s sorta ironic for me, since I began painting in earnest in the 80s creating acrylic abstracts (after fooling around doing clouds and Dali-ish dripping clocks in my 20s 😊), and then….
- October 16, 2021 – My Idea for Promoting My WordPress Blog Posts on Twitter (Besides My Pinned Tweet), Part 2Knowing me, I doubt this’ll be my final tweet format I can use on Twitter to let folks see & know what my most recent blog posts are. I of course tweet the individual blog posts themselves out, often using them here in my posts. But I felt the need for a more inclusive, easy to change to keep up-to-date format and after some earlier incarnations, this tweet above may work for me for awhile, changing the screen shot of my current blogs as needed 😊
- October 15, 2021 – 2nd Time Out Sketching with Austin’s #UrbanSketchers Group! Still a Treat! #PeaseParkThough immensely more challenging this time around for October’s outting with Austin’s Urban Sketchers chapter (heat indexes near 100 – hopefully a forerunner to an expected cool front; traffic challenges due to Austin City Limits festival), and, not particularly enamored with my resultant efforts this time around — — it was so good to talk with other artists! Be out among so many folks and families, and, “try” my 2nd time out painting plein air since (I think) the early 2000s!
- October 14, 2021 – My Idea for Promoting My WordPress Blog Posts on Twitter (Besides My Pinned Tweet), Part 1I have my pinned tweet on my Twitter timeline of course, where I show images of my work on Fine Art America, with link to my site there of course, and, also list my blog site here on WordPress. But as you can tell above, the latter, my WordPress website, gets not that much focus. Though if you’d like to retweet it, please do, lol! 😊 So basically, I asked myself, how – beyond a 2 short lines in the text – can I better promote my WordPress site, along with my Fine Art America site?
- October 13, 2021 – A Good Problem, Lots of Interesting Pics and Posts Developing in My Blog Pipeline! Part 2Recently I posted 3 other canvas paintings I’ve been working on, and here I’m showing the 2 I’d mentioned in that post but didn’t have photo captures of yet. Both are 18×24 on canvas, with light molding paste from Golden, but, at this stage applied slightly differently.
- October 12, 2021 – Reblog/Review : Long Covid Presentation with Patrick McKeown (YouTube)My biggest take away from Patrick McKeown’s hour and a half YouTube presentation (a recorded Zoom session) is how gentle and doable it can be for most of us to go as slow as we need, and we’ll get there – “there” being better easier healthier breathing and as a result, the potential for a happier better life.
- October 11, 2021 – A Good Problem, Lots of Interesting Pics and Posts Developing in My Blog Pipeline! Part 1And the 3 images above do not include 2 more 18×24 semi-abstract semi-figure works, lol! Which is great for my painting and fitness interests, but leaving me a tiny bit in the lurch blogging-time wise – but – with a wealth of new material, well, materializing 😊 It’s my intent to have a blog post for each of these images here plus the two not shown 🤞
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html