It’s been awhile since I’ve done an art post, having been doing a mini Election 2020 series, but I have continued painting — a nice group of smaller (5×7 & 8×10) watercolors on panels and stretched canvas.
Plus, I haven’t had a chance to upload any (still have a few florals to upload ahead of these, lol!) – so, I thought, why not just do some short video spans of the work to give everyone an idea what I’ve been working on. And of course, if you have any questions (or offers! 😊) please let me know.
I was afraid one long video would eat up too much space or wouldn’t upload at all, being too big, so here’s three shorter pans of the work, hope you enjoy!
A note on the screenshot, the painting is modeled after one of Monet’s variations of Woman with a Parasol. I tinkered with the coloring etc 😊 Here’s a good Google search of variations Monet himself painted – always loved this image; evidently’s his first wife, Camille I believe (died early) and sometimes his son in it also – https://www.google.com/search?q=monet+girl+with+umbrella .
Sometimes I remember I can also click on “images” near the top of the search page; did so & got this – https://www.google.com/search?q=monet+girl+with+umbrella&sxsrf=ALeKk00FCDL0EdSOfCh9LyM1U2CK21JBIg:1604581581648&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwibmL-ZvOvsAhVMUK0KHUUUDKcQ_AUoAnoECBAQBA&biw=1366&bih=916&dpr=2 .
If you are interested in any of these smaller works, please feel free to contact me. If you don’t have my info already, please send a message via Fine Art America’s private email service, and if you think I may have missed it, just drop me a note in the comments 😊
Join Email List or Contact Me at Fine Art America – Felipe Adan Lerma Artist
email me – https://fineartamerica.com/sendemail.html?artistid=459979 or
join my email newsletter list – https://fineartamerica.com/subscribememberemaillist.html?memberidtype=artistid&memberid=459979
Thanks so much everyone! I hope to slowly reintroduce my various ongoing series before I got wrapped up with my mini Election 2020 posts, including my Twitter tweet highlights – Tweets That Caught My Eye, posts on work I’ve uploaded to Fine Art America – Adan’s Fine Art America Images, and of course the excerpts from my 2012 semi-autobiographical novella, The Old American Artist.
Stay safe, be well 💕
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- July 31, 2021 – Prepping a New 16×20 Acrylic, Working Title : Testing the WaterThe initial goal was to simply select and mark the area for my figure. Then I freely applied Golden’s light molding paste, leaving the selected area for my figure much more level, and forming the paste into potentially vegetative designs as inspiration and malleable ground meshed —
- July 30, 2021 – What a Difference a New Keyboard Makes : LENRICH iPad pro 12.9 case with keyboardThis is an older now discontinued keyboard, but one of the few still available for my IPad Pro 2nd generation model (current model is 5th generation I believe), but I’m impressed with it enough to post about it and (if all continues well) my renewed ease of use not having to use the onscreen keyboard for blog posts, emails etc – that’s a big deal for me, lol! 😊
- July 29, 2021 – Whew! Yesterday Was a Day of Plowing Through, lol!Above is a picture of me November 2019 (notice the weather is warm but hot, finally 😊) and I look just a bit worn out? I’d just climbed the 218 steps to top of Old Baldy near Wimberley Texas! That’s kinda how I felt yesterday, only without as nice a view, lol! I’ll just say that….
- July 28, 2021 – New 25×40 #Acrylic on Canvas In-Progress : Barton Springs Greenbelt Indian SummerA chore heat filled day where my keyboard evidently is deciding it’s had it, lol! Hopefully I finish this post 😊 Basically I started the groundwork for my newest painting, acrylic, wanting to settle on my composition before hand, unlike how I handled my just finished watercolor, same size, where I inserted my figure at the end.
- July 27, 2021 – 4 Weeks Running! My Most Viewed Image For the Week @FineArtAmerica, Summer is a Lady : #Watercolor on Paper #ContemporaryImpressionismI’m sure I’ve had images repeat as most viewed 4 times in a row, but I wasn’t paying as much attention to that as I try to nowadays 😊 Summer is a Lady continues to simmer atop my selection of photos and artwork and illustrated poetry ♥️
- July 26, 2021 – Where I Left Off Before Our Trip, New #Watercolor on Canvas Completed : Barton Springs Greenbelt Indian SummerI just took another look at my newly completed painting (above) to try for some settled sentiment I can include for my post, and I do have that – some settled sentiment. I’m still digesting and assimilating what this new work means to me. Though I know it’s incomplete, because I also know this work is more a conscious marker of where I want to head, and feel compelled to head toward, I do have a grasp enough to point out some things that are making themselves more known to me.
- July 25, 2021 – Where I Left Off Before Our Trip, New Watercolor on Canvas in-progress, Developing the Right Figure to AddAs you can tell from my top pic, my efforts to progress from my value study and digital studies below are not going great, lol! I take solace from several things —
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html