I included Playing Your Edge, normally a yogic term, in my tag words for this post ‘cause, really, thinking about it, finding and exploring one’s edge in yoga, the arts, love, is really, I’m believing more and more, simply stretching oneself into the moment —
And if this isn’t a child fully into the moments of its life, immersed in all the lines of impact from the world, parents, grandparents, friends, fears and hopes – well, then I don’t know what it is ❤️
Sheila and I got to enjoy several rarities this Sunday morning – total sunshine in mildly cool weather, and the soon to be eight year old in his growing exuberance for life with all its complexities of winter and sunshine and virus and grandparents 💕
And one can, I believe, already begin to see the child searching within while in motion, a notion I explored in yesterday’s post about my aha! moments when realizing myself in motion!
But there’s a confidence I feel seeing him trudge the small hill back up to us waiting, a sureness of a confidence in exploring – and if that works in art and dance and yoga, there’s more than a good chance it’s working in this budding young man ❤️
Happy continued New Years everyone!
Blessings to us all! 💕
Direct link to blog post in tweet above –
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
|Mini Trampoline with Handrail||Child Sports Protective Gear||Kids Bike for 2-5 Years Girls||2 Tire Pack LED Bike Wheel Lights with Batteries|
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- May 18, 2022 – Places In or Near Austin Texas You Can See and Buy My Prints ( Art and Photography ) #PrimalGallery #OldBakery&EmporiumPrints have consistently out-sold my originals if for no other reasons than they are less expensive and usually have more items to choose from. Not bad reasons at all 😊 What I want to do now though is, begin to –
- May 17, 2022 – I Have a Lot of Happenings ( art & personal ) This Week, But Still Finding Moments To Start a New Painting : Morning’s PromiseIt’s nice to dance the surface of my canvas as needed. And able ☺️ And right now, a light step, at an easy pace, may give me the time – and energy – to get more than a handful of other needed things also done this week. Not a bad compromise. For now 😊
- May 16, 2022 – New Diptych : “Freedom” Almost Finished, Panels Need Signing ( front & back )And what I’ve come across figuring out how to make prints of this that folks can work with, ie, close to or within standard size dimensions, was how to get a 22×28 image convert into – in 2 examples – an 8×10 or 12×18, and I came up with this as a starting prototype….
- May 15, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Spring Rising”I’d done a lot of deep or darker night-like paintings for a bit, so it felt pretty nice to lighten up my palette for awhile. Working back & forth, from the two approaches – playing the potential good from both approaches seems to suit my Libra middle, lol!
- May 14, 2022 – My 1st Classical Stretch Workout with Miranda Esmonde-White ( via YouTube ) in Many Months!Though similar to SilverSneakers’ classes, Miranda’s classes focus largely on making the fascia network in our bodies more fluid. Some movements are very similar, but more extended, dance-like, reflecting Miranda’s ballerina and dance background!
- May 13, 2022 – “Angel” in AVAA’s 1st Austin Art Space Gallery and Studio Group Show in a Long Time!Just a very quick post to announce that my 18×24 inch acrylic on stretched canvas, Angel – has been accepted into Austin Visual Arts Association’s ( AVAA) 1st group show since ( I believe ) the pandemic. Definitely been a long time coming and feels great to be able to be showing with this long time Austin art association again! 😊
- May 12, 2022 – Updated My #Twitter Header Image and Pinned TweetThough Twitter’s future is up in the air, or ether, or virtual landscape; and my own “footprint” there and social media in general is micro-whatever, lol! — it’s still my micro existence, and I want to care for it best I can 😊
Thanks again, everyone! 😊