Yesterday, New Years Day 2021 – yay! – I posted the full image of the detail shot above, saying my little watercolor of my 2001 photo of Monet’s garden outside Paris was a marker of sorts, and it is, in many ways.
It’s been a two decades since Sheila and I made our first trip to Paris, taking a day trip to
Giverny to see Monet’s home and gardens.
A decade ago I launched this website / blog post under my main interest at the time, and named it via a suggestion from my wife – Yoga Adan. I hated changing the name to my full name a few years later, but I felt it would be misleading to keep the name, since my focus wasn’t fully yoga – though the ancient discipline does permeate so much of what I do and feel 😊
One of my most important-to-me series of posts was Yoga-to-Dance aha! Moments!
I marveled how consistently, now that I was back then reincorporating yoga into my life in the 60s for the first time since my 20s, and was also continuing with my wife with Jazzercise, thus combining music and movement and yoga (separately, I thought 😏) – that I was having epiphanies of sorts!
About a lot of things! Mainly to do with fitness, often to do with fitness and yoga, almost always incorporating something about the yogic philosophy of life being inevitably intertwined and connected.
After while, I just took it for granted.
Then mostly forgot about it.
But it’s crept back up on me, slowly, so slowly I didn’t perceive it til yesterday, when Sheila and I did a New Year’s SilverSneakers, our regular Friday aerobics-strength-stability class (ending with some yogic-stretch-relaxation time). And then it hit me very powerfully, in – I believe – a very good way ❤️
I remembered my posts about my yoga to dance moments as we dance-stepped to SilverSneaker versions hits of the 60s and 70s.
I remembered because I thought of my ongoing internal conversation of how to develop my figure drawings and paintings more. As I was moving. Listening to the music. Feeling the rhythm of my mind and body mesh. A decade after I’d felt the same way writing posts about fitness and yoga in 2011.
Two decades after visiting Monet’s garden outside Paris. And doing my one art shoe in New York in 2001.
Three decades (1991) after Sheila and I began writing our one page poems about family and sports and occupations during art and crafts shows – to the tune of about 1000 writings we eventually sold more of than my art!
Four decades – 1981 – after Sheila and I got married and joined our family of three kids 💕
Coincidence? I doubt it, lol!
And I thought, moving the music, thinking, daydreaming – really – of my figure work in watercolors as I moved, I could develop – try to develop – figure work to go with some of my writings – like mom, and nurse, and (my wife’s best writing), My Sister My Friend. Even for some of my other writings, like baseball.
Even, I thought, yoga.
So yes. A synergy of sorts. Even more, a moving meditation.
And yes. There is a plan in our lives it seems. Even if it’s just a sketch. Just enough to let us color in the details and feelings ☺️
Take care everyone! Let’s survive this pandemic, and then thrive like folks did when they survived the world wars. Because this one didn’t carry a flag. It only carried bodies out the door.
We can learn from this. We must learn from this.
There’s no truce signed with Mother Nature.
She issues warnings. Sometimes 😊
I pray we listen ❤️
* My watercolor related blog posts –
* My Impressionist related blog posts –
* My Meditation related blog posts –
* My Dance related blog posts –
Direct link to this image for prints or gifts is –
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- June 17, 2021 – Update for Delivering Art for the Reopening of The Old Bakery and Emporium (across from the State Capital) Austin, TexasAlmost a month ago I posted pics of Sheila and I making our 1st visit in over a year to the Old Bakery & Emporium where I show and sell a variety of images and writings…One of the nicer surprise developments has been a request to offer prints of my 7 unit Volleyball series.
- June 16, 2021 – Interesting Tweets I’ve Spotted RecentlyBelow are random tweets I liked for some reason – uplifting, funny, inspiring, informative, hopeful, pretty..something good or encouraging at the least 😊
- June 15, 2021 – My New Upload @FineArtAmerica – Violet Crown Trail Morning (Digital Art) PosterThough most of my hikes to the Barton Springs Greenbelt nearby are still exploratory, even when taking the 8 year old along 😊, I am beginning to recognize when I need, and want, to be there.
- June 14, 2021 – Volleyball Server Poster, My Newest #SportsPoetry Upload @FineArtAmericaLast of my 7 Volleyball theme posters, Volleyball Server Poster, is now available on Fine Art America as both prints and gift items! 😊
- June 13, 2021 – Austin Texas….on-going authentic aspects of Austin, Texas….
- June 12, 2021 – City of Austin’s Bark Rangers at Barton Creek Greenbelt….workers and volunteers with the City of Austin’s Bark Rangers were out in gentle but firm force….
- June 11, 2021 – Volleyball Dink Poster, My Newest #SportsPoetry Upload @FineArtAmerica#6 of my 7 Volleyball theme posters, Volleyball Dink, is now available on Fine Art America as both prints and gift items! 😊
Thanks again, everyone! 😊