Yesterday, New Years Day 2021 – yay! – I posted the full image of the detail shot above, saying my little watercolor of my 2001 photo of Monet’s garden outside Paris was a marker of sorts, and it is, in many ways.
It’s been a two decades since Sheila and I made our first trip to Paris, taking a day trip to
Giverny to see Monet’s home and gardens.
A decade ago I launched this website / blog post under my main interest at the time, and named it via a suggestion from my wife – Yoga Adan. I hated changing the name to my full name a few years later, but I felt it would be misleading to keep the name, since my focus wasn’t fully yoga – though the ancient discipline does permeate so much of what I do and feel 😊
One of my most important-to-me series of posts was Yoga-to-Dance aha! Moments!
I marveled how consistently, now that I was back then reincorporating yoga into my life in the 60s for the first time since my 20s, and was also continuing with my wife with Jazzercise, thus combining music and movement and yoga (separately, I thought 😏) – that I was having epiphanies of sorts!
About a lot of things! Mainly to do with fitness, often to do with fitness and yoga, almost always incorporating something about the yogic philosophy of life being inevitably intertwined and connected.
After while, I just took it for granted.
Then mostly forgot about it.
But it’s crept back up on me, slowly, so slowly I didn’t perceive it til yesterday, when Sheila and I did a New Year’s SilverSneakers, our regular Friday aerobics-strength-stability class (ending with some yogic-stretch-relaxation time). And then it hit me very powerfully, in – I believe – a very good way ❤️
I remembered my posts about my yoga to dance moments as we dance-stepped to SilverSneaker versions hits of the 60s and 70s.
I remembered because I thought of my ongoing internal conversation of how to develop my figure drawings and paintings more. As I was moving. Listening to the music. Feeling the rhythm of my mind and body mesh. A decade after I’d felt the same way writing posts about fitness and yoga in 2011.
Two decades after visiting Monet’s garden outside Paris. And doing my one art shoe in New York in 2001.
Three decades (1991) after Sheila and I began writing our one page poems about family and sports and occupations during art and crafts shows – to the tune of about 1000 writings we eventually sold more of than my art!
Four decades – 1981 – after Sheila and I got married and joined our family of three kids 💕
Coincidence? I doubt it, lol!
And I thought, moving the music, thinking, daydreaming – really – of my figure work in watercolors as I moved, I could develop – try to develop – figure work to go with some of my writings – like mom, and nurse, and (my wife’s best writing), My Sister My Friend. Even for some of my other writings, like baseball.
Even, I thought, yoga.
So yes. A synergy of sorts. Even more, a moving meditation.
And yes. There is a plan in our lives it seems. Even if it’s just a sketch. Just enough to let us color in the details and feelings ☺️
Take care everyone! Let’s survive this pandemic, and then thrive like folks did when they survived the world wars. Because this one didn’t carry a flag. It only carried bodies out the door.
We can learn from this. We must learn from this.
There’s no truce signed with Mother Nature.
She issues warnings. Sometimes 😊
I pray we listen ❤️
* My watercolor related blog posts –
* My Impressionist related blog posts –
* My Meditation related blog posts –
* My Dance related blog posts –
Direct link to this image for prints or gifts is –
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- September 20, 2021 – Dappled Light, “Figures in a Landscape Study” Still Not Done, But, Already a Learning Tool For Me!“Learning Tool for Me” is part of my blog title today simply ’cause I’ve looking at this post as specifically geared to get me where I wanna go – keeping in mind my destination is a generalized abstraction of image / feeling / and intuitive aspiration (hopefully including figurative work) & it’s reached a point of development over my previous renditions that I now need to put my resolve into concrete, hopefully creative, useful thoughts for my future directions. Lot of contradictions. Like life. Like me 😊 Here goes (for now) —
- September 19, 2021 – Dappled Light, “Figures in a Landscape Study” ContinuedJust a quick post updating yesterday’s release showing what I’ve changed/added on to a watercolor on paper I’d 1st posted about on Sept 7th…A bigger factor in today’s image update is the addition of more “white”.
- September 18, 2021 – Dapple Light, My Creative Conundrum and CaldronMy regular readers know I’ve been more and more attracted to the idea of being able to paint dappled light, consciously, and hopefully, eventually more spontaneously. I titled my post to include both “conundrum” – which I kept misspelling til I looked it up 😊 – and “caldron” – which I keep feeling my creative heart and mind are swimming in (over their heads) lol!
- September 17, 2021 – New Most Viewed Image For the Week @FineArtAmerica, “Fantasy Walk” : Watercolor on Canvas on Light Molding Paste, #ContemporaryImpressionismSome times, some days, the little things, like the big things, if they are good and hopeful, then they are helpful.
- September 16, 2021 – Reblog(s) : Graham McQuade, Benchmarks 1 & 2 (Acrylic Painting) #figureartThis necessarily (on my part) a short post due to some time constraints, although I should add, Graham’s posts will be a quick read. They’re short, tight with information. What will take a little time, if you notice the time 😊 is….
- September 15, 2021 – Birds at Pfluger Bridge Austin @FineArtAmericaBirds at Pfluger Bridge Austin is an 11×14 oil painting I finished a little over 3 years ago, but never wrote up about individually on my blog. I realized this was the case when I tried to find my WordPress image from an older blog post to include in my most recent post; about birds of course 😊 Why I hadn’t done a post, announcing when I’d uploaded it to Fine Art America is simply that I….
- September 14, 2021 – Playing with 4K Video to Grab Still ShotsNow that we’ve had our bird feeder up a few months at our new location, we’ve come across a wider variety of birds (and other critters) and’ve been working at grabbing shots of birds in motion I might could use for sketches and such 🦅
Thanks again, everyone! 😊