Part 1 of my unexpectedly nice Saturday at Buda Mercantile has more pics, but didn’t have these, as I was still digitally processing them then uploading them to Fine Art America 😊
First off is my 6×9 acrylic heart bought by a young lady who also bought my watercolor on absorbent ground on canvas panel. There’s a nice blend of solid and stumbled color, and I’m very grateful she like them both 💕
My 2nd heart sold, softer, and with a bit of blue grey, went to a young girl looking for gifts to send her brother in the service in Japan. It was a very touching purchase also and can only count my blessings she picked this among her gifts to her brother ❤️
Hearts, I realized, though triggered into consciousness most at Valentine’s Day, at least to us guys 😏 really does appeal for other reasons, many more reasons it appears, something my wife Sheila says made sense to her. She already knew ☺️ It was a self evident truth to her 😊 Why so is probably the deepest of connections going very far back in human history (written and unwritten). I quick look at the Google link I just posted gives a hint.
Below is the screen shot I usually include with my Buda Mercantile posts, w/lots of info how to contact Buda Mercantile —
Their Facebook link, https://m.facebook.com/budamercantile/ also has a link, seen bottom of pic above ( “Send Message” ) which I’m told is also a good way to reach the folks there 😊
Final Word, re Painting with Acrylics
At some point I hope to have more detail commentary in my heart series.
Meanwhile, I can say, using acrylics again (besides once in 2019, 1st time since the 80s), and this time around trying it on heavy acid free paper, is quite intriguing! I just got a 60 tube sampler pack of Acrylics from Arteza, and I have an acrylic one of my Monet garden bridge series paintings about wrapped up and I can tell folks more about them then (hint: so far, “very” pleased heart).
Keep heart everyone! Literally and figuratively! 💕
My blog post series you might like 😊
My blog posts featuring Old Bakery & Emporium –
My blog posts featuring Buda Mercantile –
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
Heart Gifts for Women
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- September 17, 2021 – New Most Viewed Image For the Week @FineArtAmerica, “Fantasy Walk” : Watercolor on Canvas on Light Molding Paste, #ContemporaryImpressionismSome times, some days, the little things, like the big things, if they are good and hopeful, then they are helpful.
- September 16, 2021 – Reblog(s) : Graham McQuade, Benchmarks 1 & 2 (Acrylic Painting) #figureartThis necessarily (on my part) a short post due to some time constraints, although I should add, Graham’s posts will be a quick read. They’re short, tight with information. What will take a little time, if you notice the time 😊 is….
- September 15, 2021 – Birds at Pfluger Bridge Austin @FineArtAmericaBirds at Pfluger Bridge Austin is an 11×14 oil painting I finished a little over 3 years ago, but never wrote up about individually on my blog. I realized this was the case when I tried to find my WordPress image from an older blog post to include in my most recent post; about birds of course 😊 Why I hadn’t done a post, announcing when I’d uploaded it to Fine Art America is simply that I….
- September 14, 2021 – Playing with 4K Video to Grab Still ShotsNow that we’ve had our bird feeder up a few months at our new location, we’ve come across a wider variety of birds (and other critters) and’ve been working at grabbing shots of birds in motion I might could use for sketches and such 🦅
- September 13, 2021 – Something New For Me! Sketching with Austin’s #UrbanSketchers Group! What a Treat!While I think my 1st sketch of the morning (below) was a bit sparse I really like the colors; and while my 2nd sketch (top, header image) was a bit busy even for me, it seems to have more….
- September 12, 2021 – Reblog/Review : Website, Claude Monet (Paintings, Biography, and Quotes)There is SO much good information, and beautiful images, on this site ( claude-monet.com ) it’s almost an embarrassment of riches! Meaning I can’t believe, despite my half-century+ enchantment with impressionism, esp Monet & Renoir) I never came across it before! In fact, I’m still coming across new material; not to mention the staggering review of much of Monet’s art work!
- September 11, 2021 – “Fantasy Walk” : Figure Art on Light Molding Paste on Canvas, Calling it Done, Sorta….Developing this painting has been more lesson on do’s and don’t’s I think than of completing a finished work, though I also think I’m gonna have to call this one done and move on. Looking at the image sequence from top to bottom, working from finish back to my start, I can see several “things” I’d’ve done differently. Most obvious now is I shoulda left a….
Thanks again, everyone! 😊