Yesterday was a good day for my 1st day back this year with my art at Buda Mercantile.
The weather was clear and cool, I went a bit earlier in the day to be able to return for a late lunch with Sheila, and I sold 3 small originals!
– One 5×7 watercolor on canvas panel with absorbent ground (seen above) —
Gifts & prints avail at Fine Art America
– And two new acrylic heart originals on 6×9 acid free watercolor paper from Michaels, which I’ll have pictures of in Part 2. They’re both being formatted and uploaded to Fine Art America today and would show up in my Painting Gallery and in my newest gallery – Hearts 😊
Above is a large wood table I can spread my work out on, very handy! 😊
Leading to Christmas I had a much larger spread, but today I was feeling my way back with a couple of my usual painting originals plus a small swatch of recent 6×9 acrylic hearts on paper.
My view is nice, with windows behind and beside me.
The entire space was renovated recently with our youngest girl (who wrote Skydancer) and a friend taking the lead on the project. It took quite awhile navigating city codes, preserving historical features while still meeting the current new wiring etc standards.
My post, here, has more info and pics on the process. Pretty amazing job!
This pic above has the front view of my display area, with originals and prints, including 1/2 dozen other acrylic hearts on paper. Good thing I’d just got done taking photos of all the hearts, lol!
The Michael’s 140 lb paper I’ve found seems to work really well with everything from watercolor to gouache to acrylic, and I’ll have much more on that (including, in Part 2, the 2 acrylic hearts I sold) as I’m able to find time to post and talk more about my experiments with those 3 pigment choices on that paper. Hopefully soon!
It’s been interesting for sure, lol! 😊
Above is a screen shot w/lots of info how to contact Buda Mercantile.
Their Facebook link, https://m.facebook.com/budamercantile/ also has a link, seen bottom of pic above ( “Send Message” ) which I’m told is also a good way to reach the folks there.
As things improve over the year, with vaccines being rolled out, and the weather improves, I’m very hopeful there’ll be more and more opportunities to show and sell and meet people in this historical location steeped in the richness of authentic 1800s wood, windows, and other architecture 💕
Buda, Texas is very fortunate to have such charm on its Main Street.
And I’m very fortunate to share in it ☺️
Stay hopeful everyone! Stay active 💃 🕺 be creative 🎨
My blog post series you might like 😊
My blog posts featuring Tania and her book, Skydancer –
My blog posts featuring Old Bakery & Emporium –
My blog posts featuring Buda Mercantile –
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for Valentines –
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- January 01, 2023 – Happy New Year! : My Most Viewed Image the Last Week of 2022 @FineArtAmerica, Little Steps PosterA wonderfully fitting image as my most viewed this past week, the last week, of 2022 – Little Steps, my poster version ❤️ 🙏 ☺️
- December 18, 2022 – 1st Return Appearance Since Spring : My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, Blue with Gold Twilight – #PanoramaOcean waves of blue fill our skies and seas, cascading sighs and whispers of inspiration with each breath.
- December 11, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Austin Poster” ( circa 2021 ) #AustinTexas #AustinPhotographyMorning Light Poster also recently sold at the Old Bakery and Emporium 🙏😌
- December 03, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Costa Rica Sunset Panorama” : circa 2017I almost skipped even posting about it, but at 4x the views of the nearest most viewed of my images, I needed to drag myself out of my whatever-it-is recent posting stagnation, lol!
- November 21, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Dispatcher” : circa 2011I thought Dispatcher had once already been one of my most viewed of my work on Fine Art America, but I guess not! 😊 It’s been a popular poem, and with the holidays upon us, a great choice as a print or coffee mug ☕️ 🇺🇸
- November 13, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Cypress Creek Mid Afternoon Mid October” : Circa 2019Very unusual to have so many photos from my collection of images at Fine Art America show up among my 12 most viewed images there at FAA, and for so many showing up for the 1st time….
- November 08, 2022 – The Mid-Term Elections 2022 : This is It! If the Elections Are Important to You…VOTE!!!If the elections are important to you – vote! 😊🇺🇸🙏
Thanks again, everyone! 😊