Finishing up my current 3 part series about my experience with the Related Posts block via WordPress, this last post ended up picture rich so to speak, lol!
They above image is slight overkill with my red circles, but I wasn’t sure how clear this would be even to me, so you might say it was more for my sake 😊
Obviously, all the images representing 6 different related posts is the same, me from the culmination of a four year effort to cross Lake Champlain from the mainland to South Hero on a bicycle (with a short necessary bike ferry connection at the gap where sailboats and such pass through).
The image below is how the same Related Posts block looked after making a tweak (which I’ll show at the end) —
Then I readjusted my # of Related Posts to show via the sliders I showed pictures of in my previous post, and wallah!
A sharply more eye-catching depiction, not only because the monotony of my smiling face is broken up 😂 but also because the top 2 images are now bigger.
This 5 image configuration is my fav at this time, even though I do use the 6 image option if it simply appeals to me for any varied reason – like I want or need that 6th image to show because it’s important somehow, or, there simply aren’t enough eye-catching images among the 6 or without the 6th. That happens 😊
I do think I can “probably” create a post-specific-tag to include any 1-6 posts/images I want to go with a particular post, and maybe I’d want to do that some time or other, but the Related Posts feature, as I’ve mentioned before, is dynamic, and WordPress is pretty good ’bout including current and older posts. And that’s something I really like!
So what is the tweak that finally placed my selected image into the Related Posts for all to see!
Well, this is what my post for one of my Tweets That Caught my Eye on Twitter series.
No header image.
This is the same post with my intended feature image, now also serving as my header image 😊
Now that wasn’t too hard, was it, lol! 😂
Stay warm everyone – we here in Austin are in the 1st 1/2 of a multi-decade ice/sleet/snow episode with four fronts joining forces against this past summer’s all time record heat – whew! 😊
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for WordPress –
Please tap tweet above to like or share ❤️
Please click here for direct link to product in above tweet.
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- May 16, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, After a Light Rain Barton CreekIt didn’t rain heavy, but it did rain off and on steadily, lol! And more of the same, some heavier, might come our way next 3 days or so. There was just enough rocks still above water I could walk out and….
- May 15, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, Bird Friends at Our BalconyGranted, my real life observation of birds is relatively limited, I’ve never seen this before, one Cardinal feeding two! Wonderful really, so amazed at the joy of such a tiny slice of nature ❤️ To say it’s adorable seems nearly a cliche, but adorable it is!
- May 14, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, First Bird to Visit Our New Balcony Brings a FriendAdding on to yesterday’s pic of our 1st bird visitor to our new balcony at our new location is, I assume 😊, the same little bird, but with a friend, her red feathered boy cardinal I think! The expressions, I think, are priceless!
- May 13, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, First Bird to Visit Our Balcony in Our New LocationA simple pic tonight, a simple mingling of sentiments – innocence, curiosity, hunger….
- May 13, 2021 – Our #1 Learned Lesson This Move : Number the Boxes and Make a Digital List!“Such a simple idea, and Sheila says she’s either read or heard something similar, but only occurred to me this morning searching for random items I must’ve stuffed into a box with other stuff and now can’t find them – number each box, make a list of….”
- May 12, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, A Little Water in Barton Creek“…here goes a short quickshot pictorial of my 1st probe of the nearest Austin nature area new to us, one we’ve never explored before; all done yesterday evening at the last moment.”
- May 12, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, Map for Barton Creek Greenbelt Near Us via Google Maps“…here goes a short quickshot pictorial of my 1st probe of the nearest Austin nature area new to us, one we’ve never explored before; all done yesterday evening at the last moment.”
Thanks again, everyone! 😊