Finishing up my current 3 part series about my experience with the Related Posts block via WordPress, this last post ended up picture rich so to speak, lol!
They above image is slight overkill with my red circles, but I wasn’t sure how clear this would be even to me, so you might say it was more for my sake 😊
Obviously, all the images representing 6 different related posts is the same, me from the culmination of a four year effort to cross Lake Champlain from the mainland to South Hero on a bicycle (with a short necessary bike ferry connection at the gap where sailboats and such pass through).
The image below is how the same Related Posts block looked after making a tweak (which I’ll show at the end) —
Then I readjusted my # of Related Posts to show via the sliders I showed pictures of in my previous post, and wallah!
A sharply more eye-catching depiction, not only because the monotony of my smiling face is broken up 😂 but also because the top 2 images are now bigger.
This 5 image configuration is my fav at this time, even though I do use the 6 image option if it simply appeals to me for any varied reason – like I want or need that 6th image to show because it’s important somehow, or, there simply aren’t enough eye-catching images among the 6 or without the 6th. That happens 😊
I do think I can “probably” create a post-specific-tag to include any 1-6 posts/images I want to go with a particular post, and maybe I’d want to do that some time or other, but the Related Posts feature, as I’ve mentioned before, is dynamic, and WordPress is pretty good ’bout including current and older posts. And that’s something I really like!
So what is the tweak that finally placed my selected image into the Related Posts for all to see!
Well, this is what my post for one of my Tweets That Caught my Eye on Twitter series.
No header image.
This is the same post with my intended feature image, now also serving as my header image 😊
Now that wasn’t too hard, was it, lol! 😂
Stay warm everyone – we here in Austin are in the 1st 1/2 of a multi-decade ice/sleet/snow episode with four fronts joining forces against this past summer’s all time record heat – whew! 😊
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for WordPress –
Please tap tweet above to like or share ❤️
Please click here for direct link to product in above tweet.
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- July 31, 2021 – Prepping a New 16×20 Acrylic, Working Title : Testing the WaterThe initial goal was to simply select and mark the area for my figure. Then I freely applied Golden’s light molding paste, leaving the selected area for my figure much more level, and forming the paste into potentially vegetative designs as inspiration and malleable ground meshed —
- July 30, 2021 – What a Difference a New Keyboard Makes : LENRICH iPad pro 12.9 case with keyboardThis is an older now discontinued keyboard, but one of the few still available for my IPad Pro 2nd generation model (current model is 5th generation I believe), but I’m impressed with it enough to post about it and (if all continues well) my renewed ease of use not having to use the onscreen keyboard for blog posts, emails etc – that’s a big deal for me, lol! 😊
- July 29, 2021 – Whew! Yesterday Was a Day of Plowing Through, lol!Above is a picture of me November 2019 (notice the weather is warm but hot, finally 😊) and I look just a bit worn out? I’d just climbed the 218 steps to top of Old Baldy near Wimberley Texas! That’s kinda how I felt yesterday, only without as nice a view, lol! I’ll just say that….
- July 28, 2021 – New 25×40 #Acrylic on Canvas In-Progress : Barton Springs Greenbelt Indian SummerA chore heat filled day where my keyboard evidently is deciding it’s had it, lol! Hopefully I finish this post 😊 Basically I started the groundwork for my newest painting, acrylic, wanting to settle on my composition before hand, unlike how I handled my just finished watercolor, same size, where I inserted my figure at the end.
- July 27, 2021 – 4 Weeks Running! My Most Viewed Image For the Week @FineArtAmerica, Summer is a Lady : #Watercolor on Paper #ContemporaryImpressionismI’m sure I’ve had images repeat as most viewed 4 times in a row, but I wasn’t paying as much attention to that as I try to nowadays 😊 Summer is a Lady continues to simmer atop my selection of photos and artwork and illustrated poetry ♥️
- July 26, 2021 – Where I Left Off Before Our Trip, New #Watercolor on Canvas Completed : Barton Springs Greenbelt Indian SummerI just took another look at my newly completed painting (above) to try for some settled sentiment I can include for my post, and I do have that – some settled sentiment. I’m still digesting and assimilating what this new work means to me. Though I know it’s incomplete, because I also know this work is more a conscious marker of where I want to head, and feel compelled to head toward, I do have a grasp enough to point out some things that are making themselves more known to me.
- July 25, 2021 – Where I Left Off Before Our Trip, New Watercolor on Canvas in-progress, Developing the Right Figure to AddAs you can tell from my top pic, my efforts to progress from my value study and digital studies below are not going great, lol! I take solace from several things —
Thanks again, everyone! 😊