[ 60 hours into our #TexasFreeze here in Austin without power. Water just stopping flowing. ]
Though, for those of who live here, Austin is more a jungle of tangled roads and freeways, frequented with predators in vehicle sizes of all shapes and colors (yesterday was incredible how careless and brazen some folks are), there are small thin stretches of necessarily preserved creek beds to handle the rare sudden rain storms (anything over 2 inches or so).
And ironically, my favorite image of my short photo walk yesterday afternoon is of an animal very glad to be inside, a kitty given as a baby to the now 8 year old grandson by his other grandparents ❤️
My walking images are below.
After this post (like during the 2020 election) I’m suspending regular other kinds of posts and concentrating on posting news and information about why we in Texas are in this mess, while so much of the rest of our country isn’t.
The revelations, though not surprising given the priorities of the last few decades, are not good.
But for now, some images of sorta what Austin once was 😊
And a few pictures of folks who tried to preserve some of the native vegetation, even if with containers.
Take care everyone 🙏
Touch or tap tweets above to like, share, and view Texas Tribune’s other related tweets about our #TexasFreeze
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for Winter Scenes –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- July 04, 2022 – Happy 4th of July! 🇺🇸Very little to say and so much to feel and think about this great country of ours.
- July 03, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “We Are the United States of America” : circa 2016 #DigitalPosterIronic, or simply apropos, seeing as tomorrow is the 4th of July, America’s anniversary birthday, my poster from 2016, “We Are the United States of America” was most viewed this past week on Fine Art America ❤️
- July 02, 2022 – #CrescentMoon at Sunset, Austin TexasI hoped, in yesterday’s post, I might be able to post this sunset off our balcony – a crescent moon floating above the sea of crimson orange air – and am so glad I could 🙏
- July 01, 2022 – Our First Pigeon at Our New Place Shows Up for Food, Atop Our New Ivy ScreenSheila and I’ve gotten to experience several 1st’s since moving into The LadyBird here in Austin, so it was specially nice when two 1st’s joined to make a memorable image through our window –
- June 30, 2022 – My Art and Prints on Special Sale At Primal Gallery 4th of July Weekend!Primal Gallery 4th of July sale! Including both my art work and posters 😊
- June 29, 2022 – Someone Very Glad to See Us Today!As per yesterday, still very exhausted feeling, but Sheila & I both beginning to also feel the move-fatigue to our new place is slowly being replaced by relief fatigue….
- June 28, 2022 – Record # of 100 Degree Days in June. Then it Rained….This evening ( Monday, June 27, 2022 ) here in Austin, we broke the all-time record for number of days 100 degrees or more – and – the clouds and rain and cooler air swept through and we dared open the blinds and step outside before 10 pm, lol!
Thanks again, everyone! 😊