[ 60 hours into our #TexasFreeze here in Austin without power. Water just stopping flowing. ]
Though, for those of who live here, Austin is more a jungle of tangled roads and freeways, frequented with predators in vehicle sizes of all shapes and colors (yesterday was incredible how careless and brazen some folks are), there are small thin stretches of necessarily preserved creek beds to handle the rare sudden rain storms (anything over 2 inches or so).
And ironically, my favorite image of my short photo walk yesterday afternoon is of an animal very glad to be inside, a kitty given as a baby to the now 8 year old grandson by his other grandparents ❤️
My walking images are below.
After this post (like during the 2020 election) I’m suspending regular other kinds of posts and concentrating on posting news and information about why we in Texas are in this mess, while so much of the rest of our country isn’t.
The revelations, though not surprising given the priorities of the last few decades, are not good.
But for now, some images of sorta what Austin once was 😊
And a few pictures of folks who tried to preserve some of the native vegetation, even if with containers.
Take care everyone 🙏
Touch or tap tweets above to like, share, and view Texas Tribune’s other related tweets about our #TexasFreeze
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for Winter Scenes –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- June 19, 2021 – Reblog : 10 Ways To Observe #Juneteenth This Year (via Women’s Health)Reblog – Women’s Health, 10 Ways To Observe Juneteenth This Year
- June18, 2021 – What Makes Dappled Light Work? It Almost Always Looks Good!Being in and around a changing if steady light at the greenbelt near us has given me the visual impetus to actually think about something I’ve long liked in much of Renoir’s and other impressionists’ art work – dappled light.
- June 17, 2021 – Update for Delivering Art for the Reopening of The Old Bakery and Emporium (across from the State Capital) Austin, TexasAlmost a month ago I posted pics of Sheila and I making our 1st visit in over a year to the Old Bakery & Emporium where I show and sell a variety of images and writings…One of the nicer surprise developments has been a request to offer prints of my 7 unit Volleyball series.
- June 16, 2021 – Interesting Tweets I’ve Spotted RecentlyBelow are random tweets I liked for some reason – uplifting, funny, inspiring, informative, hopeful, pretty..something good or encouraging at the least 😊
- June 15, 2021 – My New Upload @FineArtAmerica – Violet Crown Trail Morning (Digital Art) PosterThough most of my hikes to the Barton Springs Greenbelt nearby are still exploratory, even when taking the 8 year old along 😊, I am beginning to recognize when I need, and want, to be there.
- June 14, 2021 – Volleyball Server Poster, My Newest #SportsPoetry Upload @FineArtAmericaLast of my 7 Volleyball theme posters, Volleyball Server Poster, is now available on Fine Art America as both prints and gift items! 😊
- June 13, 2021 – Austin Texas….on-going authentic aspects of Austin, Texas….
Thanks again, everyone! 😊