I did capture some nice pics today, but nearing 48 hours later tonight without power, way over 50 hours by morning, then seeing this pic above after braving Austin drivers (more than 1/2 doz, true) speeding past us on ice crusted roads a 50-60 mph just to get food from our apt for us and the folks who’ve graciously housed us, well, the disparate handling is just too much.
Info is coming out about ignored warnings within our Texas statewide energy agency’s possible mis-use of power margins (I don’t know the details) and warnings of energy crunches, expected during one of our seemingly unending hot summers – but happening now!
The local news calls it the beginning of “a lot of finger pointing.”
Fortunately our governor is now wanting an investigation, plus asked for an emergency declaration from our new president, which I believe was an easy yes for Joe.
Meanwhile, in the picture above, in re to the question of who has power, one might also ask, who has money?
In yesterday’s post I showed the rare single digit low that morning here in Austin; this morning this —
Brrrrr! Yes indeed!
Take care everyone! Wanting to stay warm and safe!
ps – tomorrow I’ll try and post the “nice” pics from today’s found-moments, those that made today almost as much a positive as the yuk stuff above, lol 😊
ps ps – below is a partial of a long and detailed thread as to the causes of our energy failure here in Texas; lot of surprising information on my end; important stuff to know about in relation to our whole energy future in the US and beyond —
Touch or tap tweet above to like, share, and view Jesse’s other related tweets about our #TexasFreeze
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for Winter Scenes –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- February 26, 2021 – Day After Our 1st of 2 Covid Shots + Info re 2nd ShotThe young lady above fared fairly well 1st day after our 1st of 2 Moderna Covid shots 😊 A sore arm, a little tired, but able and willing to do today’s SilverSneakers Cardio class! Me? Well 😏
- February 25, 2021 – Got Our 1st of 2 Covid Shots Today!Reposting my FB post here…And a bit more info in general below my pic 😊
- February 25, 2021 – Austin Winter Storm, Is It a Wrap?Is our #TexasFreeze winter storm over? A wrap? Done and ready to be forgotten?
- February 24, 2021 – The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number I.2.1 – with CommentaryI’ve no real idea if this is common, a little common, or just plain uncommon, lol, to other artists.
- February 23, 2021 – Texas Hill Country November – circa 2021 Watercolor – Adan’s PhotoPoemsThough an abstract, I think one of the things I like best about Texas Hill Country November, is it captures a little of the sense of the authentic the Texas landscaped outside….
- February 22, 2021 – Austin Winter Storm, Power is On, Water is Running, Boil Ban is Canceled, and – I Shaved!It’s hard to express the relief in again having the taken-for-granted luxury of running water, power to heat and cool our air and bodies, and being able to stand with family, even if for a short time, even if we knew we’d all four had to have been social distancing / masking – even if out doors in our relatively fresh Austin city air.
- February 21, 2021 – Austin Winter Storm, Hope is a Wet Blue Line and One Brave Bird in a TreeMy apologies for the break in communication continuity since yesterday morning – it’s been a rough but promising ride, and, I got my own answer as to how come the phrase/idea, “Why the Caged Bird Sings” has always appealed to me 😊
Thanks again, everyone! 😊