I did capture some nice pics today, but nearing 48 hours later tonight without power, way over 50 hours by morning, then seeing this pic above after braving Austin drivers (more than 1/2 doz, true) speeding past us on ice crusted roads a 50-60 mph just to get food from our apt for us and the folks who’ve graciously housed us, well, the disparate handling is just too much.
Info is coming out about ignored warnings within our Texas statewide energy agency’s possible mis-use of power margins (I don’t know the details) and warnings of energy crunches, expected during one of our seemingly unending hot summers – but happening now!
The local news calls it the beginning of “a lot of finger pointing.”
Fortunately our governor is now wanting an investigation, plus asked for an emergency declaration from our new president, which I believe was an easy yes for Joe.
Meanwhile, in the picture above, in re to the question of who has power, one might also ask, who has money?
In yesterday’s post I showed the rare single digit low that morning here in Austin; this morning this —
Brrrrr! Yes indeed!
Take care everyone! Wanting to stay warm and safe!
ps – tomorrow I’ll try and post the “nice” pics from today’s found-moments, those that made today almost as much a positive as the yuk stuff above, lol 😊
ps ps – below is a partial of a long and detailed thread as to the causes of our energy failure here in Texas; lot of surprising information on my end; important stuff to know about in relation to our whole energy future in the US and beyond —
Touch or tap tweet above to like, share, and view Jesse’s other related tweets about our #TexasFreeze
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for Winter Scenes –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- May 17, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, Morning View Walk in a Light RainI left off our car at a shop we’re trying out near our place for numerous routine minor stuff and walked the short distance back. Luckily I had an umbrella….
- May 16, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, After a Light Rain Barton CreekIt didn’t rain heavy, but it did rain off and on steadily, lol! And more of the same, some heavier, might come our way next 3 days or so. There was just enough rocks still above water I could walk out and….
- May 15, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, Bird Friends at Our BalconyGranted, my real life observation of birds is relatively limited, I’ve never seen this before, one Cardinal feeding two! Wonderful really, so amazed at the joy of such a tiny slice of nature ❤️ To say it’s adorable seems nearly a cliche, but adorable it is!
- May 14, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, First Bird to Visit Our New Balcony Brings a FriendAdding on to yesterday’s pic of our 1st bird visitor to our new balcony at our new location is, I assume 😊, the same little bird, but with a friend, her red feathered boy cardinal I think! The expressions, I think, are priceless!
- May 13, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, First Bird to Visit Our Balcony in Our New LocationA simple pic tonight, a simple mingling of sentiments – innocence, curiosity, hunger….
- May 13, 2021 – Our #1 Learned Lesson This Move : Number the Boxes and Make a Digital List!“Such a simple idea, and Sheila says she’s either read or heard something similar, but only occurred to me this morning searching for random items I must’ve stuffed into a box with other stuff and now can’t find them – number each box, make a list of….”
- May 12, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, A Little Water in Barton Creek“…here goes a short quickshot pictorial of my 1st probe of the nearest Austin nature area new to us, one we’ve never explored before; all done yesterday evening at the last moment.”
Thanks again, everyone! 😊