I think my post title may end up being long than my post, lol!
I’m working on 2 projects back and forth, finding that right now I need the switch from one art form (digital) to another (watercolor). It helps me reset myself creatively, at least in this time frame, and lets me work longer than if solely concentrated on one project. The latter happens, I well know 😊, when it’s “time” for me to dig into it. I seemed to be doing that yesterday, mostly focussed on the digital work, but still getting some pigment licks on my new butterfly.
Both images, below and above, are the first lay-ins, both done the same day.
Those damp yawning dawns.short expert from Jogger, poem included in my Arts poetry collection avail on Amazon
When, all of a sudden –
you rise above all the motion.
Tomorrow, time permitting, I’ll have update images on what I’ve been able to do with @ pic ♥️
For reference, and those curious 😊 – my 1st digital line art / poem / wash recently was Little Dancer.
And my most recent butterfly watercolor superimposed on line art was Floating Butterfly.
I’ll probably list those again. It might be interesting to see these two earlier works and compare them to the progressive stages I’m trying to capture this time around. If nothing else, they’ll sure be good reminders for me, lol!
My digital art is done with Affinity Photo, and my watercolor art via Arteza’s Real Brush Pens.
Take care everyone! Be safe & stay creative! 💕
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for Arts Poetry –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- May 21, 2022 – Sheila & I Are Attending 2 Gallery Openings Today! #PrimalGalleryDS #AustinArtSpaceSheila and I are off to a busy fun art-openings day that include some of my art at two local galleries today – AVAA’s Austin Art Space, and Primal Gallery in nearby Dripping Springs!
- May 20, 2022 – Will My New #Austin #Photography Poster, Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Join My Austin Pink Sunset Photo and Lou Neff Digital Art Poster in Sales?The question itself, whether Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt will match or join my currently selling best prints, is a question more of hope and companionship for my image of a truly usually bright spot in Austin, the system of greenbelts preserving the water that makes living here even possible ❤️
- May 19, 2022 – Hardest / Best Part of My Strength Class Recently – Releasing Myself a SmileIt’s nearing 8pm and I’m trying to apply an exercise lesson our online SilverSneakers instructor, Michelle, brought up a few times today – smile 😊
- May 18, 2022 – Places In or Near Austin Texas You Can See and Buy My Prints ( Art and Photography ) #PrimalGallery #OldBakery&EmporiumPrints have consistently out-sold my originals if for no other reasons than they are less expensive and usually have more items to choose from. Not bad reasons at all 😊 What I want to do now though is, begin to –
- May 17, 2022 – I Have a Lot of Happenings ( art & personal ) This Week, But Still Finding Moments To Start a New Painting : Morning’s PromiseIt’s nice to dance the surface of my canvas as needed. And able ☺️ And right now, a light step, at an easy pace, may give me the time – and energy – to get more than a handful of other needed things also done this week. Not a bad compromise. For now 😊
- May 16, 2022 – New Diptych : “Freedom” Almost Finished, Panels Need Signing ( front & back )And what I’ve come across figuring out how to make prints of this that folks can work with, ie, close to or within standard size dimensions, was how to get a 22×28 image convert into – in 2 examples – an 8×10 or 12×18, and I came up with this as a starting prototype….
- May 15, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Spring Rising”I’d done a lot of deep or darker night-like paintings for a bit, so it felt pretty nice to lighten up my palette for awhile. Working back & forth, from the two approaches – playing the potential good from both approaches seems to suit my Libra middle, lol!
Thanks again, everyone! 😊