I think my post title may end up being long than my post, lol!
I’m working on 2 projects back and forth, finding that right now I need the switch from one art form (digital) to another (watercolor). It helps me reset myself creatively, at least in this time frame, and lets me work longer than if solely concentrated on one project. The latter happens, I well know 😊, when it’s “time” for me to dig into it. I seemed to be doing that yesterday, mostly focussed on the digital work, but still getting some pigment licks on my new butterfly.
Both images, below and above, are the first lay-ins, both done the same day.
Those damp yawning dawns.short expert from Jogger, poem included in my Arts poetry collection avail on Amazon
When, all of a sudden –
you rise above all the motion.
Tomorrow, time permitting, I’ll have update images on what I’ve been able to do with @ pic ♥️
For reference, and those curious 😊 – my 1st digital line art / poem / wash recently was Little Dancer.
And my most recent butterfly watercolor superimposed on line art was Floating Butterfly.
I’ll probably list those again. It might be interesting to see these two earlier works and compare them to the progressive stages I’m trying to capture this time around. If nothing else, they’ll sure be good reminders for me, lol!
My digital art is done with Affinity Photo, and my watercolor art via Arteza’s Real Brush Pens.
Take care everyone! Be safe & stay creative! 💕
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for Arts Poetry –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- August 04, 2021 – The Resurgence of COVID-19There’s few times life or death issues are so widespread they not only engulf those close to us, but nearly everyone one hears about – this is one of those times…KVUE news, whose images I’m using for this post, has an article title, “‘The choice now becomes vaccination or ventilator.’ 230 unvaccinated people hospitalized for COVID-19 in Austin in 2 weeks, versus 47 vaccinated.”
- August 03, 2021 – Working a New 16×20 Acrylic, Working Title : Testing the Water, Refining the Figure, Developing the BackgroundI wanted to do more on this but things are happening re Covid, in my life. I’ll have more on this very soon – nothing w/me or family here in Austin (despite horrid #s lately), but nearby, also here in Texas. Wonderful how fluid and flexible art is, giving us challenges one day, inspiration on another, and solace even when needed.
- August 02, 2021 – Prepping a New 16×20 Acrylic, Working Title : Testing the Water, 1st Figure Lay-inI included my most recent updated image from a post a few days ago further below. Besides the figure work (not yet complete), you can see where I continued to rework the area around the figure, setting her off more completely.
- August 01, 2021 – Some Interruptions in Life are BlessingsJust back from an incredible trip to the Galapagos west of Ecuador, wife & I got the opportunity to have the youngest grandchild over. This is from our mid-morning walk in warm dappled light ❤️ I only wish I’d realized the value of this with our own children more fully…
- July 31, 2021 – Prepping a New 16×20 Acrylic, Working Title : Testing the WaterThe initial goal was to simply select and mark the area for my figure. Then I freely applied Golden’s light molding paste, leaving the selected area for my figure much more level, and forming the paste into potentially vegetative designs as inspiration and malleable ground meshed —
- July 30, 2021 – What a Difference a New Keyboard Makes : LENRICH iPad pro 12.9 case with keyboardThis is an older now discontinued keyboard, but one of the few still available for my IPad Pro 2nd generation model (current model is 5th generation I believe), but I’m impressed with it enough to post about it and (if all continues well) my renewed ease of use not having to use the onscreen keyboard for blog posts, emails etc – that’s a big deal for me, lol! 😊
- July 29, 2021 – Whew! Yesterday Was a Day of Plowing Through, lol!Above is a picture of me November 2019 (notice the weather is warm but hot, finally 😊) and I look just a bit worn out? I’d just climbed the 218 steps to top of Old Baldy near Wimberley Texas! That’s kinda how I felt yesterday, only without as nice a view, lol! I’ll just say that….
Thanks again, everyone! 😊