This is my 1st attempt combining these three elements in one digital file, creating a digital poster, and though I messed some things up and took longer than I expected, I’m very pleased with the result!
It bodes, I feel, very promising for future projects 😊
Probably the biggest problem I created for myself was not keeping the digital layers isolated well enough, thus when I wanted “fix” something, so as to mesh the line art with the poetry text better, I found I’d inadvertently merged some items and thus couldn’t resolve what I wanted to do without hurting elements I didn’t wanted changed.
Affinity Photo provides plenty of layers and layer options (most of which I don’t know how to use yet), so the program, I can tell, will and does work fine for my purposes. It’s just me, lol!
I could solve my basic problems by taking a screen shot without the line art and poetry text, create a new image file, work on those areas, then repast the line work and words back in. And maybe sometime in the future I will, but for now, I’ll just claim this is a good reminder to me 😊
So the question I had, to myself really, before pushing forward with trying new original line art of my own was, why not just keep using my own photos? They’ve worked pretty well, some better than others true, but well enough, right?
Well, to a point yes. Like with The Fisherman. Which came out great!
And yes I do have literally thousands of photos. But, finding, or having, the right one for the right saying, well, it’s proved a little beyond tricky. More like just not possible, ie, no image available, of my own anyways, and I really don’t want other than my own art with my own poetry right now.
So line art, as I’ve just recently’ve begun to see as I work on more and more images, is something I can more readily create. Factor in painting in my own digital colors, and, despite the learning curve, as mentioned at the beginning, very promising ❤️ My first line art (physical vs digital) w/watercolor (vs digital) wash, Floating Butterfly, assured me the potential –
And it would be nice if I could continue to meld the art I do physically, lately more line art / pen and ink w/(watercolor) wash, with the imagery I could use with my poetry and gift writings – like baseball, music, marathon runner, etc.
That also leaves me with a cleaner, clearer path at creating PhotoPoems directly related to my images themselves. Kinda the inverse relationship of image to pre-existing verse. My most recent example a photopoem to the same line art watercolor above, Floating Butterfly! –
Whew! No wonder I fell half turned around half the time, lol! ☺️
I think that’s about it for me today then –
Stay well everyone!
It’s a challenge, but it’s one worth living for! ♥️
ps – Please note: Little Dancer is included in my arts poetry collection at Amazon –
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for Affinity Photo Workbooks –
Please tap tweet above to like, share or see workbook 😊
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- August 04, 2021 – The Resurgence of COVID-19There’s few times life or death issues are so widespread they not only engulf those close to us, but nearly everyone one hears about – this is one of those times…KVUE news, whose images I’m using for this post, has an article title, “‘The choice now becomes vaccination or ventilator.’ 230 unvaccinated people hospitalized for COVID-19 in Austin in 2 weeks, versus 47 vaccinated.”
- August 03, 2021 – Working a New 16×20 Acrylic, Working Title : Testing the Water, Refining the Figure, Developing the BackgroundI wanted to do more on this but things are happening re Covid, in my life. I’ll have more on this very soon – nothing w/me or family here in Austin (despite horrid #s lately), but nearby, also here in Texas. Wonderful how fluid and flexible art is, giving us challenges one day, inspiration on another, and solace even when needed.
- August 02, 2021 – Prepping a New 16×20 Acrylic, Working Title : Testing the Water, 1st Figure Lay-inI included my most recent updated image from a post a few days ago further below. Besides the figure work (not yet complete), you can see where I continued to rework the area around the figure, setting her off more completely.
- August 01, 2021 – Some Interruptions in Life are BlessingsJust back from an incredible trip to the Galapagos west of Ecuador, wife & I got the opportunity to have the youngest grandchild over. This is from our mid-morning walk in warm dappled light ❤️ I only wish I’d realized the value of this with our own children more fully…
- July 31, 2021 – Prepping a New 16×20 Acrylic, Working Title : Testing the WaterThe initial goal was to simply select and mark the area for my figure. Then I freely applied Golden’s light molding paste, leaving the selected area for my figure much more level, and forming the paste into potentially vegetative designs as inspiration and malleable ground meshed —
- July 30, 2021 – What a Difference a New Keyboard Makes : LENRICH iPad pro 12.9 case with keyboardThis is an older now discontinued keyboard, but one of the few still available for my IPad Pro 2nd generation model (current model is 5th generation I believe), but I’m impressed with it enough to post about it and (if all continues well) my renewed ease of use not having to use the onscreen keyboard for blog posts, emails etc – that’s a big deal for me, lol! 😊
- July 29, 2021 – Whew! Yesterday Was a Day of Plowing Through, lol!Above is a picture of me November 2019 (notice the weather is warm but hot, finally 😊) and I look just a bit worn out? I’d just climbed the 218 steps to top of Old Baldy near Wimberley Texas! That’s kinda how I felt yesterday, only without as nice a view, lol! I’ll just say that….
Thanks again, everyone! 😊