This is my 1st attempt combining these three elements in one digital file, creating a digital poster, and though I messed some things up and took longer than I expected, I’m very pleased with the result!
It bodes, I feel, very promising for future projects 😊
Probably the biggest problem I created for myself was not keeping the digital layers isolated well enough, thus when I wanted “fix” something, so as to mesh the line art with the poetry text better, I found I’d inadvertently merged some items and thus couldn’t resolve what I wanted to do without hurting elements I didn’t wanted changed.
Affinity Photo provides plenty of layers and layer options (most of which I don’t know how to use yet), so the program, I can tell, will and does work fine for my purposes. It’s just me, lol!
I could solve my basic problems by taking a screen shot without the line art and poetry text, create a new image file, work on those areas, then repast the line work and words back in. And maybe sometime in the future I will, but for now, I’ll just claim this is a good reminder to me 😊
So the question I had, to myself really, before pushing forward with trying new original line art of my own was, why not just keep using my own photos? They’ve worked pretty well, some better than others true, but well enough, right?
Well, to a point yes. Like with The Fisherman. Which came out great!
And yes I do have literally thousands of photos. But, finding, or having, the right one for the right saying, well, it’s proved a little beyond tricky. More like just not possible, ie, no image available, of my own anyways, and I really don’t want other than my own art with my own poetry right now.
So line art, as I’ve just recently’ve begun to see as I work on more and more images, is something I can more readily create. Factor in painting in my own digital colors, and, despite the learning curve, as mentioned at the beginning, very promising ❤️ My first line art (physical vs digital) w/watercolor (vs digital) wash, Floating Butterfly, assured me the potential –
And it would be nice if I could continue to meld the art I do physically, lately more line art / pen and ink w/(watercolor) wash, with the imagery I could use with my poetry and gift writings – like baseball, music, marathon runner, etc.
That also leaves me with a cleaner, clearer path at creating PhotoPoems directly related to my images themselves. Kinda the inverse relationship of image to pre-existing verse. My most recent example a photopoem to the same line art watercolor above, Floating Butterfly! –
Whew! No wonder I fell half turned around half the time, lol! ☺️
I think that’s about it for me today then –
Stay well everyone!
It’s a challenge, but it’s one worth living for! ♥️
ps – Please note: Little Dancer is included in my arts poetry collection at Amazon –
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for Affinity Photo Workbooks –
Please tap tweet above to like, share or see workbook 😊
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- January 01, 2023 – Happy New Year! : My Most Viewed Image the Last Week of 2022 @FineArtAmerica, Little Steps PosterA wonderfully fitting image as my most viewed this past week, the last week, of 2022 – Little Steps, my poster version ❤️ 🙏 ☺️
- December 18, 2022 – 1st Return Appearance Since Spring : My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, Blue with Gold Twilight – #PanoramaOcean waves of blue fill our skies and seas, cascading sighs and whispers of inspiration with each breath.
- December 11, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Austin Poster” ( circa 2021 ) #AustinTexas #AustinPhotographyMorning Light Poster also recently sold at the Old Bakery and Emporium 🙏😌
- December 03, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Costa Rica Sunset Panorama” : circa 2017I almost skipped even posting about it, but at 4x the views of the nearest most viewed of my images, I needed to drag myself out of my whatever-it-is recent posting stagnation, lol!
- November 21, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Dispatcher” : circa 2011I thought Dispatcher had once already been one of my most viewed of my work on Fine Art America, but I guess not! 😊 It’s been a popular poem, and with the holidays upon us, a great choice as a print or coffee mug ☕️ 🇺🇸
- November 13, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Cypress Creek Mid Afternoon Mid October” : Circa 2019Very unusual to have so many photos from my collection of images at Fine Art America show up among my 12 most viewed images there at FAA, and for so many showing up for the 1st time….
- November 08, 2022 – The Mid-Term Elections 2022 : This is It! If the Elections Are Important to You…VOTE!!!If the elections are important to you – vote! 😊🇺🇸🙏
Thanks again, everyone! 😊