This is my 1st attempt combining these three elements in one digital file, creating a digital poster, and though I messed some things up and took longer than I expected, I’m very pleased with the result!
It bodes, I feel, very promising for future projects 😊
Probably the biggest problem I created for myself was not keeping the digital layers isolated well enough, thus when I wanted “fix” something, so as to mesh the line art with the poetry text better, I found I’d inadvertently merged some items and thus couldn’t resolve what I wanted to do without hurting elements I didn’t wanted changed.
Affinity Photo provides plenty of layers and layer options (most of which I don’t know how to use yet), so the program, I can tell, will and does work fine for my purposes. It’s just me, lol!
I could solve my basic problems by taking a screen shot without the line art and poetry text, create a new image file, work on those areas, then repast the line work and words back in. And maybe sometime in the future I will, but for now, I’ll just claim this is a good reminder to me 😊
So the question I had, to myself really, before pushing forward with trying new original line art of my own was, why not just keep using my own photos? They’ve worked pretty well, some better than others true, but well enough, right?
Well, to a point yes. Like with The Fisherman. Which came out great!
And yes I do have literally thousands of photos. But, finding, or having, the right one for the right saying, well, it’s proved a little beyond tricky. More like just not possible, ie, no image available, of my own anyways, and I really don’t want other than my own art with my own poetry right now.
So line art, as I’ve just recently’ve begun to see as I work on more and more images, is something I can more readily create. Factor in painting in my own digital colors, and, despite the learning curve, as mentioned at the beginning, very promising ❤️ My first line art (physical vs digital) w/watercolor (vs digital) wash, Floating Butterfly, assured me the potential –
And it would be nice if I could continue to meld the art I do physically, lately more line art / pen and ink w/(watercolor) wash, with the imagery I could use with my poetry and gift writings – like baseball, music, marathon runner, etc.
That also leaves me with a cleaner, clearer path at creating PhotoPoems directly related to my images themselves. Kinda the inverse relationship of image to pre-existing verse. My most recent example a photopoem to the same line art watercolor above, Floating Butterfly! –
Whew! No wonder I fell half turned around half the time, lol! ☺️
I think that’s about it for me today then –
Stay well everyone!
It’s a challenge, but it’s one worth living for! ♥️
ps – Please note: Little Dancer is included in my arts poetry collection at Amazon –
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for Affinity Photo Workbooks –
Please tap tweet above to like, share or see workbook 😊
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- May 20, 2022 – Will My New #Austin #Photography Poster, Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Join My Austin Pink Sunset Photo and Lou Neff Digital Art Poster in Sales?The question itself, whether Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt will match or join my currently selling best prints, is a question more of hope and companionship for my image of a truly usually bright spot in Austin, the system of greenbelts preserving the water that makes living here even possible ❤️
- May 19, 2022 – Hardest / Best Part of My Strength Class Recently – Releasing Myself a SmileIt’s nearing 8pm and I’m trying to apply an exercise lesson our online SilverSneakers instructor, Michelle, brought up a few times today – smile 😊
- May 18, 2022 – Places In or Near Austin Texas You Can See and Buy My Prints ( Art and Photography ) #PrimalGallery #OldBakery&EmporiumPrints have consistently out-sold my originals if for no other reasons than they are less expensive and usually have more items to choose from. Not bad reasons at all 😊 What I want to do now though is, begin to –
- May 17, 2022 – I Have a Lot of Happenings ( art & personal ) This Week, But Still Finding Moments To Start a New Painting : Morning’s PromiseIt’s nice to dance the surface of my canvas as needed. And able ☺️ And right now, a light step, at an easy pace, may give me the time – and energy – to get more than a handful of other needed things also done this week. Not a bad compromise. For now 😊
- May 16, 2022 – New Diptych : “Freedom” Almost Finished, Panels Need Signing ( front & back )And what I’ve come across figuring out how to make prints of this that folks can work with, ie, close to or within standard size dimensions, was how to get a 22×28 image convert into – in 2 examples – an 8×10 or 12×18, and I came up with this as a starting prototype….
- May 15, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Spring Rising”I’d done a lot of deep or darker night-like paintings for a bit, so it felt pretty nice to lighten up my palette for awhile. Working back & forth, from the two approaches – playing the potential good from both approaches seems to suit my Libra middle, lol!
- May 14, 2022 – My 1st Classical Stretch Workout with Miranda Esmonde-White ( via YouTube ) in Many Months!Though similar to SilverSneakers’ classes, Miranda’s classes focus largely on making the fascia network in our bodies more fluid. Some movements are very similar, but more extended, dance-like, reflecting Miranda’s ballerina and dance background!
Thanks again, everyone! 😊