I’ve talked awhile in several posts now, marveling how much I like “segments” of my paintings or photos, wishing or thinking they’d make great images in themselves.
I can more easily allow myself to call this little snippet from my watercolor “great” because it’s like I didn’t even really create it! I mean, I did – but, this piece of the whole was not my intent.
It’s more like an accidental find. That’s ok of course, lol! But I sure can’t claim other than creating something with a “find” within it – and that’s ok too 😊
Still mine, and, maybe, in the long run, more importantly, possibly a huge source of inspiration on how to create other work like, intentionally ❤️
The design itself lends itself to tons of differing gift ideas. My pillow tweet below’s one of my fav’s!
Reminds me of back in the 80s when I was freewheeling in acrylics just to enjoy and learn how color and paint felt and worked 😊- https://felipeadan-lerma.pixels.com/featured/butterfly-and-hand-surreal-abstract-felipe-adan-lerma.html
My other most recent full abstract is a watercolor back in September of last year (2020)! –
My Watercolor Abstracts – Exploring
Before that, it was Ridges of Light late 2019!
Maybe this time around it won’t be so long ‘tween abstracts, lol! 😊
Stay well everyone! Keep exploring and enjoying what you have 💕
ps – raining & cloudy in Austin today, but probably better than the near 100s we may get next week, lol!
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for Abstract Art –
Please tap tweet above to like, share or see product ♥️
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- October 26, 2021 – I’ve Been Reading, and It’s Triggered a Realization on My Part How Important the Surface of a Painting, My Own Paintings in Particular, Are to Me….…tinkering with the surface of my current art work. I enjoy doing that, immensely. The surface of my work often being as important, or I should say, as interesting to me, as the image as a whole. And of course now I want to make the image as a whole, whether seen from a short nose-to-the canvas space, to the further distance where the image is, well, simply just an image as a whole.
- October 25, 2021 – New Masking Fluid Project – “Angel”Continuing with more new paintings I’ve recently set in motion, Angel appears to be a dark swirl but is actually hiding some carefully but casually placed masking fluid lines. I’ll be showing some detail shots of “Angel”‘s more recent state tomorrow, but am still working on the painting as a whole. This particular masking fluid experiment is almost a direct descendant of an abstract study on paper I recently wrecked, lol!
- October 24, 2021 – My Most Viewed Image This Past Week @FineArtAmerica, Arm Chair View Paris, an early #watercolor #blackandwhite #figureart circa Sept 2020An interesting most viewed results on my Fine Art America site this past viewing period — Plus, as surprising, was the fact 4 of my top 6 most viewed images were Paris themed, 2 of the remainder were also from places we’ve visited (New York & Vermont), followed by most viewed “period” of an Austin pink sunset 😊 On top of that I’ve apparently never included an image of Arm Chair View Paris in one of my blog posts before! Well we’re remedying that here now ❤️
- October 23, 2021 – New #Acrylic Upload @FineArtAmerica – Mother and ChildIt’s been quite a development for this painting, growing from an idea of a previous work with a less defined at the time unrealized depiction of a younger and older person. Probably the most important development is my own realization of that development, lol! Frankly, though I often saw a realization-glimpse of that sort even from my 20s about my art, and maybe as a child, I literally blew it off and kept on going 😊
- October 22, 2021 – A Day With the 8 Year Old = Painting His Wooden Sword for Halloween, Circling the Trailhead to Barton Creek Greenbelt, Visiting Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center, Celebrating Veterans Art at the Old Bakery & Emporium, and Watching Big Hero 6 on Disney+!!!This post is long on pictures, mostly because it was a long day from getting up to getting back to bed, lol! But what a good day it was ❤️ Here’s hoping this long post of pictures brings a similar good feeling! First up, above, is a special project Max has had his heart on, re-creating a magical sword he sees and experiences using in one of his video games – Zelda Breath of the Wild! All part of his progressing Halloween costume….
- October 21, 2021 – Delivering New Art to the Old Bakery and Emporium (across from the State Capital) Austin, Texas – 3 Piece Floral Set and 1 Autumn 6×6, all #WatercolorsDespite my many gripes about living in Austin, Texas, there’s of course a handful of things I do like. Among them is the opportunity the city makes for artisans 50 or older living in the Austin area to show their creative work. I’ve been fortunate to have some sales, and am very grateful to be able to replenish my inventory with the paintings above.
- October 20, 2021 – Sold! At the Old Bakery and Emporium (across from the State Capital) Austin, Texas – Paris Dreams (Dreaming of Paris)I’m very grateful to my buyer at the Old Bakery & Emporium in Austin Texas! 🙏 With as few months as the Old Bakery’s been reopen, and all the precautions needed to be taken recently here in Austin, it’s a miracle to be able to share my art a this time 💕
Thanks again, everyone! 😊