I think the relief of being done with the move between locations really konked us out last night, lol!
Slept little later than usual, made a leisurely healthy breakfast, sorted through a variety of boxes – emptying some, re-arranging others, and tossing out to recycle all we no longer needed – yay!
It was near noon, day heating up quickly toward near 90, before we worked our way to the car and headed to Target and Office Depot, both in the same center near our newer location.
Got a new smallish microwave (girl at the store got a full size plate to make sure that would fit), got a small set of drawers for the towels, and shopped several sturdy containers to fit my larger prints and watercolor paper – but didn’t decide on the latter yet. No hurries on our part right now.
Lunch ran kinda later than usual since we woke later too, but sure was yummy to have shrimp and salad! I kinda helped by mixing up fresh cole slaw w/dressing ☺️
Later, Sheila made out the inspection list for our new place to hand to the office. Not much to notate, a good sign so far!
And maybe make our 1st new, shorter-route trip to the younger grandchild’s place ♥️
The two paintings on the wall are Valentine’s Day Snow 2003 (painted about the same year) and Sailing Ship (done about three years ago). Both are oils and neither’s ever been photographed well enough to post on Fine Art America; but now, in our new place with it’s new light, maybe that can happen 😊
Meanwhile, #1 plan right now, to definitely rest & pace ourselves —
Take care everyone! Time to rest 💕
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for Moving Supplies –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- August 03, 2021 – Working a New 16×20 Acrylic, Working Title : Testing the Water, Refining the Figure, Developing the BackgroundI wanted to do more on this but things are happening re Covid, in my life. I’ll have more on this very soon – nothing w/me or family here in Austin (despite horrid #s lately), but nearby, also here in Texas. Wonderful how fluid and flexible art is, giving us challenges one day, inspiration on another, and solace even when needed.
- August 02, 2021 – Prepping a New 16×20 Acrylic, Working Title : Testing the Water, 1st Figure Lay-inI included my most recent updated image from a post a few days ago further below. Besides the figure work (not yet complete), you can see where I continued to rework the area around the figure, setting her off more completely.
- August 01, 2021 – Some Interruptions in Life are BlessingsJust back from an incredible trip to the Galapagos west of Ecuador, wife & I got the opportunity to have the youngest grandchild over. This is from our mid-morning walk in warm dappled light ❤️ I only wish I’d realized the value of this with our own children more fully…
- July 31, 2021 – Prepping a New 16×20 Acrylic, Working Title : Testing the WaterThe initial goal was to simply select and mark the area for my figure. Then I freely applied Golden’s light molding paste, leaving the selected area for my figure much more level, and forming the paste into potentially vegetative designs as inspiration and malleable ground meshed —
- July 30, 2021 – What a Difference a New Keyboard Makes : LENRICH iPad pro 12.9 case with keyboardThis is an older now discontinued keyboard, but one of the few still available for my IPad Pro 2nd generation model (current model is 5th generation I believe), but I’m impressed with it enough to post about it and (if all continues well) my renewed ease of use not having to use the onscreen keyboard for blog posts, emails etc – that’s a big deal for me, lol! 😊
- July 29, 2021 – Whew! Yesterday Was a Day of Plowing Through, lol!Above is a picture of me November 2019 (notice the weather is warm but hot, finally 😊) and I look just a bit worn out? I’d just climbed the 218 steps to top of Old Baldy near Wimberley Texas! That’s kinda how I felt yesterday, only without as nice a view, lol! I’ll just say that….
- July 28, 2021 – New 25×40 #Acrylic on Canvas In-Progress : Barton Springs Greenbelt Indian SummerA chore heat filled day where my keyboard evidently is deciding it’s had it, lol! Hopefully I finish this post 😊 Basically I started the groundwork for my newest painting, acrylic, wanting to settle on my composition before hand, unlike how I handled my just finished watercolor, same size, where I inserted my figure at the end.
Thanks again, everyone! 😊