I’ve looked for a way to take a day sorta-off from blogging yet keep continuity, and this may fit the bill. I could (and need to) reflect on my blog-week that’s passed, plus include some pictures and links, in case folks missed something they’d like to check out. My header image’ll simply be from one of the posts of the week 😊
Sunshine and higher temps broke out after nearly a week of slight to moderate rain and cloud cover.
Like most things in life, the cooling off before the big heat of summer was a welcome relief, and the return of sunshine and ability to get around with slip-sliding was also. Variability, in some things, must be a good thing indeed! 😊
Sheila and I celebrated our 40th anniversary yesterday by staying home and exploring the nearby Violet Crown green belt section of the trail near our new place, eating at home, and generally having a very nice time ♥️ The difference in the appearance of the Spyglass Barton Springs Greenbelt before and after/during the rains is almost startling, especially considering these were sustained yet mostly light to moderate rain. A deluge has and would shut down access to the trails down the hill from us. I hope to have a contrast post of the creek’s two “looks” this coming week.
We also made significant though certainly way beyond complete progress moving into our new apt. Experience tells us there’s no hurry, and our bodies agree, lol!
My most recent reblog, via American Watercolor, in the few days it’s been present for my April blog view count tied it at the top of my most viewed for the month. Should have a post on April’s top two most viewed very soon!
We even hosted the 8 year old grandson for a shortened intro-night (came over in the evening). When we took him for a short walk about the grounds, he skipped and hum and sang the whole way. Wish we’d take some pics of that, but there’ll be more of that too ❤️
And finally I managed to squeeze in one of my Interesting Tweets posts. Those are almost always fun to put together!
All in all, though still quite tired (and tiring easily), it’s been good.
Hopefully all will be well, for all of us 🙏
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for Hiking –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- August 03, 2021 – Working a New 16×20 Acrylic, Working Title : Testing the Water, Refining the Figure, Developing the BackgroundI wanted to do more on this but things are happening re Covid, in my life. I’ll have more on this very soon – nothing w/me or family here in Austin (despite horrid #s lately), but nearby, also here in Texas. Wonderful how fluid and flexible art is, giving us challenges one day, inspiration on another, and solace even when needed.
- August 02, 2021 – Prepping a New 16×20 Acrylic, Working Title : Testing the Water, 1st Figure Lay-inI included my most recent updated image from a post a few days ago further below. Besides the figure work (not yet complete), you can see where I continued to rework the area around the figure, setting her off more completely.
- August 01, 2021 – Some Interruptions in Life are BlessingsJust back from an incredible trip to the Galapagos west of Ecuador, wife & I got the opportunity to have the youngest grandchild over. This is from our mid-morning walk in warm dappled light ❤️ I only wish I’d realized the value of this with our own children more fully…
- July 31, 2021 – Prepping a New 16×20 Acrylic, Working Title : Testing the WaterThe initial goal was to simply select and mark the area for my figure. Then I freely applied Golden’s light molding paste, leaving the selected area for my figure much more level, and forming the paste into potentially vegetative designs as inspiration and malleable ground meshed —
- July 30, 2021 – What a Difference a New Keyboard Makes : LENRICH iPad pro 12.9 case with keyboardThis is an older now discontinued keyboard, but one of the few still available for my IPad Pro 2nd generation model (current model is 5th generation I believe), but I’m impressed with it enough to post about it and (if all continues well) my renewed ease of use not having to use the onscreen keyboard for blog posts, emails etc – that’s a big deal for me, lol! 😊
- July 29, 2021 – Whew! Yesterday Was a Day of Plowing Through, lol!Above is a picture of me November 2019 (notice the weather is warm but hot, finally 😊) and I look just a bit worn out? I’d just climbed the 218 steps to top of Old Baldy near Wimberley Texas! That’s kinda how I felt yesterday, only without as nice a view, lol! I’ll just say that….
- July 28, 2021 – New 25×40 #Acrylic on Canvas In-Progress : Barton Springs Greenbelt Indian SummerA chore heat filled day where my keyboard evidently is deciding it’s had it, lol! Hopefully I finish this post 😊 Basically I started the groundwork for my newest painting, acrylic, wanting to settle on my composition before hand, unlike how I handled my just finished watercolor, same size, where I inserted my figure at the end.
Thanks again, everyone! 😊