The header picture wasn’t the 1st thing I saw meandering into the Spyglass (named after the street) trailhead to this area of the Barton Creek Greenbelt, but I thought it the most emblematic of Austin – a vast usually unseen stretch of green growth, split by random flood force waters, all within eye view of probably the most sure presence of people – a symmetrically shaped structure. In this case, an office bldg, though more and more of these, at least here in Austin, are blends of residential and commercial.
I want to add in real quick, I placed all the images into the post very early this morning, very hopeful I’d have this up on my site by late morning the latest, but once again, it’s nearly 9pm, lol! But trips to the county’s registration bldg (tags/voting cards etc), a much more massively needed grocery restocking then expected needed, maintenance stopping by for minor but good-to-get-done touch-ups needed in our apt, and an evening run to the youngest grandchild and child’s now much closer distance to us, nixed that 😊
But, I’m game. So here goes a short quickshot pictorial of my 1st probe of the nearest Austin nature area new to us, one we’ve never explored before; all done yesterday evening at the last moment. I desperately needed to just walk and explore, vs walk with the weight of our possessions up and down stairs ❤️
Below, is the immediate look of a meandering trail straight off the road and down several carefully laid out blocks of rock for folks to step down from.
The growth along and around the meandering trail obscures this north-south path that suddenly opens up. Few folks were on it yesterday evening, but I hear tell by summer it’ll be swollen with people! 😊 This stretch of the trail face is facing south.
The opposite side of the same path is now seen facing north, towards town and Lady Bird Lake.
Just past this more well maintained surface for mountain bikes and runners and walkers, is my 1st glimpse of the area’s namesake, Barton Creek, the as-of-now dry creek bed that, I believe (I’ll learn more as I go) feeds into Barton Springs Pool, Barton Springs itself, and then into Lady Bird Lake.
Descending over the tumble of large rocks, I can see how the dry creek bed parallels the trail seen in the pics further above. This view is towards the north. Apparently, when it does rain, further down this way, there are places people can actually swim!
Looking south, we see my header image view. Clouds are gathering to the south. Moisture is trying to make its way from the Gulf of Mexico, where Sheila and I have lived several times and for many years, in Galveston ♥️
Turning back to go home, I see there’s two path leading back.
I chose the wide small rock tumbled path that contrasted with the windy path down I first took. It took a different type of constant mini-balancing of my ankles and feet to make the slight climb, the width of the path making me realize how much water much run down the hill I’d walk back up to our apt, to require such a wide path down the creek. The width I realized, wasn’t for us visitors, it was for the water to reach the creek bed!
So, not as much or fancy or arty as I would like in a perfect world, but yet, perfectly fitting finding this entry gem for Sheila and I to enjoy and explore. Slowly probably 😊 But that’s ok, the water rushing down to Barton Creek next time it rains can do the hurrying for us 💕
Stay happy and well everyone! There’s beauty in the preparation of deluge and dryness ♥️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for Austin Texas Wall Art Skyline –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- May 14, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, First Bird to Visit Our New Balcony Brings a FriendAdding on to yesterday’s pic of our 1st bird visitor to our new balcony at our new location is, I assume 😊, the same little bird, but with a friend, her red feathered boy cardinal I think! The expressions, I think, are priceless!
- May 13, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, First Bird to Visit Our Balcony in Our New LocationA simple pic tonight, a simple mingling of sentiments – innocence, curiosity, hunger….
- May 13, 2021 – Our #1 Learned Lesson This Move : Number the Boxes and Make a Digital List!“Such a simple idea, and Sheila says she’s either read or heard something similar, but only occurred to me this morning searching for random items I must’ve stuffed into a box with other stuff and now can’t find them – number each box, make a list of….”
- May 12, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, A Little Water in Barton Creek“…here goes a short quickshot pictorial of my 1st probe of the nearest Austin nature area new to us, one we’ve never explored before; all done yesterday evening at the last moment.”
- May 12, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, Map for Barton Creek Greenbelt Near Us via Google Maps“…here goes a short quickshot pictorial of my 1st probe of the nearest Austin nature area new to us, one we’ve never explored before; all done yesterday evening at the last moment.”
- May 11, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, Absorbing Nature“…here goes a short quickshot pictorial of my 1st probe of the nearest Austin nature area new to us, one we’ve never explored before; all done yesterday evening at the last moment.”
- May 10, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, Max Jumping Steps
Thanks again, everyone! 😊