Not quite what my wife and I had envisioned a year ago, anticipating our 40th wedding anniversary, but we’re grateful for where we’re at in our lives and still around 💕
A year ago the pandemic had proven itself the real thing, we still had hopes of a special anniversary trip somewhere by about this time, and family location changes hadn’t prompted us to consider moving back closer to our old Austin haunts.
As I wrote this and wondered what header image to use, I saw the My Related Posts feature below already was featuring my post of early last year celebrating my wife and I’s 40th anniversary of meeting, so I chose it for this post too. There’s all sorts of continuity for us of course, in the picture of us so young it seems now, both of us with children creating a new blended family. We did drop our smoking habits early on though, thank goodness!
So we begin our 2nd 40 year run 😊 both very grateful and very hopeful.
That’s a good combination. Like us 💕
Stay well, everyone!
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for Wedding Gifts –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- October 20, 2021 – Sold! At the Old Bakery and Emporium (across from the State Capital) Austin, Texas – Paris Dreams (Dreaming of Paris)I’m very grateful to my buyer at the Old Bakery & Emporium in Austin Texas! 🙏 With as few months as the Old Bakery’s been reopen, and all the precautions needed to be taken recently here in Austin, it’s a miracle to be able to share my art a this time 💕
- October 19, 2021 – Turning 71 Feels Like Turning on the Spigots!I’ve meandered around what to write for my birthday post this year, probably reflecting not exactly the chaos (though there’s enough of that, lol!) but the whirl of activity in my life right now – fitness activities, art – of all kind, family, and the stutteringly slow but certain shift from unbearable 6 month summer in Austin to, well, breathable walkable art-doable weather ❤️ Weatherman says the weekend days’ highs into my birthday (Tuesday) are the coolest temps since mid-April. That’s a very long time, lol! 😅
- October 18, 2021 – A Good Problem, Lots of Interesting Pics and Posts Developing in My Blog Pipeline! Part 3, 1st Completed Work of 5 – “Playtime, Mother and Child”I’m also breaking a bit of tradition in terms of my routine and going ahead and posting my completed image, not as good a resolution etc as I’d like (yet), and also not yet uploaded to Fine Art America. It’s simply a time choice. Paint and create. Or paint less but massage the photo capture & upload to FAA more. It’s not really a win-lose thing.
- October 17, 2021 – My Most Viewed Image For a 2nd Week @FineArtAmerica, Abstract Study 1, #watercolorThough I’ve had some of my images repeat a 2nd week or more, or return again after awhile to place top of my views for the week at Fine Art America, it’s still rare for an abstract of mine to do so. It’s sorta ironic for me, since I began painting in earnest in the 80s creating acrylic abstracts (after fooling around doing clouds and Dali-ish dripping clocks in my 20s 😊), and then….
- October 16, 2021 – My Idea for Promoting My WordPress Blog Posts on Twitter (Besides My Pinned Tweet), Part 2Knowing me, I doubt this’ll be my final tweet format I can use on Twitter to let folks see & know what my most recent blog posts are. I of course tweet the individual blog posts themselves out, often using them here in my posts. But I felt the need for a more inclusive, easy to change to keep up-to-date format and after some earlier incarnations, this tweet above may work for me for awhile, changing the screen shot of my current blogs as needed 😊
- October 15, 2021 – 2nd Time Out Sketching with Austin’s #UrbanSketchers Group! Still a Treat! #PeaseParkThough immensely more challenging this time around for October’s outting with Austin’s Urban Sketchers chapter (heat indexes near 100 – hopefully a forerunner to an expected cool front; traffic challenges due to Austin City Limits festival), and, not particularly enamored with my resultant efforts this time around — — it was so good to talk with other artists! Be out among so many folks and families, and, “try” my 2nd time out painting plein air since (I think) the early 2000s!
- October 14, 2021 – My Idea for Promoting My WordPress Blog Posts on Twitter (Besides My Pinned Tweet), Part 1I have my pinned tweet on my Twitter timeline of course, where I show images of my work on Fine Art America, with link to my site there of course, and, also list my blog site here on WordPress. But as you can tell above, the latter, my WordPress website, gets not that much focus. Though if you’d like to retweet it, please do, lol! 😊 So basically, I asked myself, how – beyond a 2 short lines in the text – can I better promote my WordPress site, along with my Fine Art America site?
Thanks again, everyone! 😊