Not quite what my wife and I had envisioned a year ago, anticipating our 40th wedding anniversary, but we’re grateful for where we’re at in our lives and still around 💕
A year ago the pandemic had proven itself the real thing, we still had hopes of a special anniversary trip somewhere by about this time, and family location changes hadn’t prompted us to consider moving back closer to our old Austin haunts.
As I wrote this and wondered what header image to use, I saw the My Related Posts feature below already was featuring my post of early last year celebrating my wife and I’s 40th anniversary of meeting, so I chose it for this post too. There’s all sorts of continuity for us of course, in the picture of us so young it seems now, both of us with children creating a new blended family. We did drop our smoking habits early on though, thank goodness!
So we begin our 2nd 40 year run 😊 both very grateful and very hopeful.
That’s a good combination. Like us 💕
Stay well, everyone!
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for Wedding Gifts –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- August 03, 2021 – Working a New 16×20 Acrylic, Working Title : Testing the Water, Refining the Figure, Developing the BackgroundI wanted to do more on this but things are happening re Covid, in my life. I’ll have more on this very soon – nothing w/me or family here in Austin (despite horrid #s lately), but nearby, also here in Texas. Wonderful how fluid and flexible art is, giving us challenges one day, inspiration on another, and solace even when needed.
- August 02, 2021 – Prepping a New 16×20 Acrylic, Working Title : Testing the Water, 1st Figure Lay-inI included my most recent updated image from a post a few days ago further below. Besides the figure work (not yet complete), you can see where I continued to rework the area around the figure, setting her off more completely.
- August 01, 2021 – Some Interruptions in Life are BlessingsJust back from an incredible trip to the Galapagos west of Ecuador, wife & I got the opportunity to have the youngest grandchild over. This is from our mid-morning walk in warm dappled light ❤️ I only wish I’d realized the value of this with our own children more fully…
- July 31, 2021 – Prepping a New 16×20 Acrylic, Working Title : Testing the WaterThe initial goal was to simply select and mark the area for my figure. Then I freely applied Golden’s light molding paste, leaving the selected area for my figure much more level, and forming the paste into potentially vegetative designs as inspiration and malleable ground meshed —
- July 30, 2021 – What a Difference a New Keyboard Makes : LENRICH iPad pro 12.9 case with keyboardThis is an older now discontinued keyboard, but one of the few still available for my IPad Pro 2nd generation model (current model is 5th generation I believe), but I’m impressed with it enough to post about it and (if all continues well) my renewed ease of use not having to use the onscreen keyboard for blog posts, emails etc – that’s a big deal for me, lol! 😊
- July 29, 2021 – Whew! Yesterday Was a Day of Plowing Through, lol!Above is a picture of me November 2019 (notice the weather is warm but hot, finally 😊) and I look just a bit worn out? I’d just climbed the 218 steps to top of Old Baldy near Wimberley Texas! That’s kinda how I felt yesterday, only without as nice a view, lol! I’ll just say that….
- July 28, 2021 – New 25×40 #Acrylic on Canvas In-Progress : Barton Springs Greenbelt Indian SummerA chore heat filled day where my keyboard evidently is deciding it’s had it, lol! Hopefully I finish this post 😊 Basically I started the groundwork for my newest painting, acrylic, wanting to settle on my composition before hand, unlike how I handled my just finished watercolor, same size, where I inserted my figure at the end.
Thanks again, everyone! 😊