Those who may be new to my site here may be asking, “so what’s the gimmick in that title?” 😊
Those who do frequent my site will probably recall this work below, Spring is a Lady —
So when the idea of using Summer is a Lady for this newest variation of my preprinted line art figure work (with watercolor) first struck me, I loved it! Then I thought, no, too gimmicky, too close to the spring version.
But then, writing the new work’s description for Fine Art America —
Using my same line art template for the figure (though flipped right to left), I’ve created a similar but distinctly softer pinker version of my watercolor, Spring is a Lady.
Whereas my spring version is bursting with the exuberance of new life, my summer version I feel mirrors the almost lazy day to day heat coating all the days’ activities. The days are longer, but the days are still vibrant, just differently so ❤️https://felipeadan-lerma.pixels.com/featured/summer-is-a-lady-felipe-adan-lerma.html
I realized, this is not a gimmick, it’s apropos!
The title fits the new work!
And who knows, if I’m lucky enough, and think of it, I may later end up with either or both, Autumn is a Lady and Winter is a Lady. Might be kinda neat, if I can remember, and, pull it off 😊
Also, it’s been awhile since one of my images worked so well on so many products Fine Art America offers, included the tote bag – but see what you think ☺️
Thanks so much everyone! ❤️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for “watercolor art supplies” –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- May 18, 2022 – Places In or Near Austin Texas You Can See and Buy My Prints ( Art and Photography ) #PrimalGallery #OldBakery&EmporiumPrints have consistently out-sold my originals if for no other reasons than they are less expensive and usually have more items to choose from. Not bad reasons at all 😊 What I want to do now though is, begin to –
- May 17, 2022 – I Have a Lot of Happenings ( art & personal ) This Week, But Still Finding Moments To Start a New Painting : Morning’s PromiseIt’s nice to dance the surface of my canvas as needed. And able ☺️ And right now, a light step, at an easy pace, may give me the time – and energy – to get more than a handful of other needed things also done this week. Not a bad compromise. For now 😊
- May 16, 2022 – New Diptych : “Freedom” Almost Finished, Panels Need Signing ( front & back )And what I’ve come across figuring out how to make prints of this that folks can work with, ie, close to or within standard size dimensions, was how to get a 22×28 image convert into – in 2 examples – an 8×10 or 12×18, and I came up with this as a starting prototype….
- May 15, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Spring Rising”I’d done a lot of deep or darker night-like paintings for a bit, so it felt pretty nice to lighten up my palette for awhile. Working back & forth, from the two approaches – playing the potential good from both approaches seems to suit my Libra middle, lol!
- May 14, 2022 – My 1st Classical Stretch Workout with Miranda Esmonde-White ( via YouTube ) in Many Months!Though similar to SilverSneakers’ classes, Miranda’s classes focus largely on making the fascia network in our bodies more fluid. Some movements are very similar, but more extended, dance-like, reflecting Miranda’s ballerina and dance background!
- May 13, 2022 – “Angel” in AVAA’s 1st Austin Art Space Gallery and Studio Group Show in a Long Time!Just a very quick post to announce that my 18×24 inch acrylic on stretched canvas, Angel – has been accepted into Austin Visual Arts Association’s ( AVAA) 1st group show since ( I believe ) the pandemic. Definitely been a long time coming and feels great to be able to be showing with this long time Austin art association again! 😊
- May 12, 2022 – Updated My #Twitter Header Image and Pinned TweetThough Twitter’s future is up in the air, or ether, or virtual landscape; and my own “footprint” there and social media in general is micro-whatever, lol! — it’s still my micro existence, and I want to care for it best I can 😊
Thanks again, everyone! 😊