There’s few times life or death issues are so widespread they not only engulf those close to us, but nearly everyone one hears about – this is one of those times.
KVUE news, whose images I’m using for this post, has an article title, “‘The choice now becomes vaccination or ventilator.’ 230 unvaccinated people hospitalized for COVID-19 in Austin in 2 weeks, versus 47 vaccinated.”
Hospitals across the country are – again – being pushed past capacity.
One can choose I suppose, ‘tween “the variant” or being unvaccinated. To me the stats point to the latter.
Granted, not everyone can get vaccinated, esp for medical or related reasons. My 94 year old mom, survivor of more than I care to try to go through, couldn’t take a vaccination, and while people around her did – those around them, did not.
Now she is in critical condition.
I pray to those who are unsure whether to vaccinate or not, to not just consider what will probably happen to my mother, but to the scores of younger people, many in their 30s and 40s, like a childhood friend of one of our 3 children, unvaccinated, who died yesterday of Covid-19’s latest variant, leaving a wife and 2 boys.
Also regarding Social Darwinism vs Evolutionary Darwinism, the former via Herbert Spencer, the latter of course via Charles Darwin, I lean toward the latter, favoring – as per my very limited understanding of the difference ‘tween the two – an intra species cooperation for evolution, vs, I believe, an intra-species destructive competition in the guise of survival of the fittest.
Seems to me, if we don’t correct our climate destructiveness and totalitarian tendencies, there’ll be no survival of the human race.
Which brings me back to my dear mom, possibly facing her most intimate test of patience (as we all hopefully will have the peace and presence to face) of returning to the universe, in whatever guise that may turn out to be ♥️
Yes, we all will meet our maker, in one form or another, but to be forced to that point by others’ pointless avoidance of a vaccine, and/or non-avoidance of those who don’t have that choice, is contrary to the benefit of the all of us.
Empathy, I believe, is what makes us most human….
Stay well everyone; I’ll keep ya’ll posted —
ps – I did get a little painting in, and contrary to my usual pattern lately, where I have the energy but not more time to paint, I did paint a bit more (time wise) and was visualizing what I wanted to do, but ran out of steam. Roll with the flow, adapt. And have a little empathy for my very full life ❤️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for “Charles Darwin, in Books” –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- July 05, 2022 – Small But Welcome 4th of July Celebrations from Our New Location at #TheLadyBird #AustinTexasThat I’m running late with today’s blog post is a bit of an understatement, it being 1/2 past 11 and nearly Wednesday! But Sheila and I stayed up late a bit, enjoying peeks of fireworks and seeing folks enjoying being able to ( mostly, but not everywhere : Chicago parade shooting ) be out –
- July 04, 2022 – Happy 4th of July! 🇺🇸Very little to say and so much to feel and think about this great country of ours.
- July 03, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “We Are the United States of America” : circa 2016 #DigitalPosterIronic, or simply apropos, seeing as tomorrow is the 4th of July, America’s anniversary birthday, my poster from 2016, “We Are the United States of America” was most viewed this past week on Fine Art America ❤️
- July 02, 2022 – #CrescentMoon at Sunset, Austin TexasI hoped, in yesterday’s post, I might be able to post this sunset off our balcony – a crescent moon floating above the sea of crimson orange air – and am so glad I could 🙏
- July 01, 2022 – Our First Pigeon at Our New Place Shows Up for Food, Atop Our New Ivy ScreenSheila and I’ve gotten to experience several 1st’s since moving into The LadyBird here in Austin, so it was specially nice when two 1st’s joined to make a memorable image through our window –
- June 30, 2022 – My Art and Prints on Special Sale At Primal Gallery 4th of July Weekend!Primal Gallery 4th of July sale! Including both my art work and posters 😊
- June 29, 2022 – Someone Very Glad to See Us Today!As per yesterday, still very exhausted feeling, but Sheila & I both beginning to also feel the move-fatigue to our new place is slowly being replaced by relief fatigue….
Thanks again, everyone! 😊