The day after a wrenching if beautiful funeral and burial tribute for my 94 year old mom, infected with covid and other ills of being elderly, I read this grim statistic for where we live, Austin; and apparently true for most of the state of Texas.
That she lived her life fully belies the somewhat separate issue of a dire situation affecting basically the bulk of our state and (more and more) the rest of our country – we are losing people we love without a need for this to be so.
The Austin Chronicle puts it thus (emphasis’ via the Austin Chronicle) —
By the time you’re reading this, there’s a chance there are no more intensive care unit beds available in the Central Texas region. As of Monday, Aug. 9, the Department of State Health Services reported an all-time low of only two such beds available for Trauma Service Area O, which includes the five-county Austin metro area and six neighboring counties.https://www.austinchronicle.com/news/2021-08-13/covid-19-update-icu-bed-availability-drops-to-all-time-low/
An overview of the conflicting competing directives and mandates playing out in a game of life and death in Texas are detailed.
It is beyond frustrating for me to repeat them.
But it is essential that those of whose lives are on the line because of this surge and confusion of how to deal with it to have an idea where we need to go from, and to, in regard to vaccinations and where the sources of continued infections are coming from – so I hope you’ll give this relatively short but detailed post a look.
It could help you decide how and from which direction you want your voice heard.
Take care everyone ♥️ Please stay well so others can also 💕
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for “ethics, in Books” –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- August 19, 2022 – “Fantasy Walk” and “Walking in Light” in New Juried Art Show at Inspired Mind Art Center!The show overall has a great selection! Here’s a small sampling, with photos of the show from fellow Austin artist, Leslie Kell
- August 18, 2022 – #Inflation or #Deflation or Any One Nation : #ClimageChange Doesn’t Seem to Care…It’s Pervasively Here Now….It’s rare lately I post a second post the same day, but the news about the climate we all live within and depend on, is pervasive, even appearing on our local Austin Fox News news-scroll!
- August 18, 2022 – A Beginner’s View : Inflation, the Economy, Climate, Clean Energy, Health etc, How Are They Related in Our Current Everyday Lives? – An On-Going Inquiry, Part 2..life, unpredictable, full of both pleasant and difficult surprises – plus easy, and not so easy choices. That’s what the articles I’ve been reading also seem to reflect….
- August 17, 2022 – A Beginner’s View : Inflation, the Economy, Climate, Clean Energy, Health etc, How Are They Related in Our Current Everyday Lives? – An On-Going Inquiry, Part 1I’ve no idea how long this series on climate etc will run, but I need some kind of framework to place pieces of information together that are helping me understand the rapidly changing potentially deteriorating world we live in.
- August 16, 2022 – Me, 1st Full Day Without a Beard for “Awhile”Sheila patiently re-posed me for a re-take of my no-beard pic today….
- August 15, 2022 – Me, Last Day With a Beard for “Awhile”A very quick post this evening – had my pre-op appt with my surgeon for a slew of breathing related fixes he and my my ENT dr / surgeon will do together..and this is me with my several-years long beard I’ve sported 😊
- August 14, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Time at the Musee d’Orsay” : circa 2012I would hope Sheila and I get to make at least one more wonderful extended trip to Paris 🙏 ❤️ 🇫🇷
Thanks again, everyone! 😊