The day after a wrenching if beautiful funeral and burial tribute for my 94 year old mom, infected with covid and other ills of being elderly, I read this grim statistic for where we live, Austin; and apparently true for most of the state of Texas.
That she lived her life fully belies the somewhat separate issue of a dire situation affecting basically the bulk of our state and (more and more) the rest of our country – we are losing people we love without a need for this to be so.
The Austin Chronicle puts it thus (emphasis’ via the Austin Chronicle) —
By the time you’re reading this, there’s a chance there are no more intensive care unit beds available in the Central Texas region. As of Monday, Aug. 9, the Department of State Health Services reported an all-time low of only two such beds available for Trauma Service Area O, which includes the five-county Austin metro area and six neighboring counties.https://www.austinchronicle.com/news/2021-08-13/covid-19-update-icu-bed-availability-drops-to-all-time-low/
An overview of the conflicting competing directives and mandates playing out in a game of life and death in Texas are detailed.
It is beyond frustrating for me to repeat them.
But it is essential that those of whose lives are on the line because of this surge and confusion of how to deal with it to have an idea where we need to go from, and to, in regard to vaccinations and where the sources of continued infections are coming from – so I hope you’ll give this relatively short but detailed post a look.
It could help you decide how and from which direction you want your voice heard.
Take care everyone ♥️ Please stay well so others can also 💕
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for “ethics, in Books” –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- July 04, 2022 – Happy 4th of July! 🇺🇸Very little to say and so much to feel and think about this great country of ours.
- July 03, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “We Are the United States of America” : circa 2016 #DigitalPosterIronic, or simply apropos, seeing as tomorrow is the 4th of July, America’s anniversary birthday, my poster from 2016, “We Are the United States of America” was most viewed this past week on Fine Art America ❤️
- July 02, 2022 – #CrescentMoon at Sunset, Austin TexasI hoped, in yesterday’s post, I might be able to post this sunset off our balcony – a crescent moon floating above the sea of crimson orange air – and am so glad I could 🙏
- July 01, 2022 – Our First Pigeon at Our New Place Shows Up for Food, Atop Our New Ivy ScreenSheila and I’ve gotten to experience several 1st’s since moving into The LadyBird here in Austin, so it was specially nice when two 1st’s joined to make a memorable image through our window –
- June 30, 2022 – My Art and Prints on Special Sale At Primal Gallery 4th of July Weekend!Primal Gallery 4th of July sale! Including both my art work and posters 😊
- June 29, 2022 – Someone Very Glad to See Us Today!As per yesterday, still very exhausted feeling, but Sheila & I both beginning to also feel the move-fatigue to our new place is slowly being replaced by relief fatigue….
- June 28, 2022 – Record # of 100 Degree Days in June. Then it Rained….This evening ( Monday, June 27, 2022 ) here in Austin, we broke the all-time record for number of days 100 degrees or more – and – the clouds and rain and cooler air swept through and we dared open the blinds and step outside before 10 pm, lol!
Thanks again, everyone! 😊