The day after a wrenching if beautiful funeral and burial tribute for my 94 year old mom, infected with covid and other ills of being elderly, I read this grim statistic for where we live, Austin; and apparently true for most of the state of Texas.
That she lived her life fully belies the somewhat separate issue of a dire situation affecting basically the bulk of our state and (more and more) the rest of our country – we are losing people we love without a need for this to be so.
The Austin Chronicle puts it thus (emphasis’ via the Austin Chronicle) —
By the time you’re reading this, there’s a chance there are no more intensive care unit beds available in the Central Texas region. As of Monday, Aug. 9, the Department of State Health Services reported an all-time low of only two such beds available for Trauma Service Area O, which includes the five-county Austin metro area and six neighboring counties.https://www.austinchronicle.com/news/2021-08-13/covid-19-update-icu-bed-availability-drops-to-all-time-low/
An overview of the conflicting competing directives and mandates playing out in a game of life and death in Texas are detailed.
It is beyond frustrating for me to repeat them.
But it is essential that those of whose lives are on the line because of this surge and confusion of how to deal with it to have an idea where we need to go from, and to, in regard to vaccinations and where the sources of continued infections are coming from – so I hope you’ll give this relatively short but detailed post a look.
It could help you decide how and from which direction you want your voice heard.
Take care everyone ♥️ Please stay well so others can also 💕
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for “ethics, in Books” –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- January 17, 2022 – Art Delivery to Cypress Grill Austin for a Creative Arts Society Rotating Member ShowingI’m happy to post I’m placing my 1st piece of art work at a Creative Arts Society member venue in over a year and a half!
- January 16, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, Fantasy Landscape – New 16×20 #LyricalAbstract #AcrylicPaintingFantasy Landscape is currently residing at the Old Bakery & Emporium in downtown Austin across from the Texas State Capital. It’s a super playful acrylic I didn’t realize would be “so much” a landscape as it turned out, lol! All part of the “discovery” process inside each artist, often call the landscape inside, probably in more senses than one, as Joan Mitchell has alluded to.
- January 15, 2022 – New 12×24 Inch #Acrylic Upload @FineArtAmerica – Blue Impressionist Abstract 1Third of my 3 uploaded acrylic color blocks, each 12×24 inches on gallery wrapped canvas, Blue gives me a triad of sorts, the other two paintings being red and yellow. A link to related blog posts is – https://felipeadanlerma.com/?s=Impressionist+abstract I’ve always like panoramas, even in my….
- January 14, 2022 – Painting + Capturing Photos of the Sides of 2 #ImpressionistAbstract Panoramas Accepted by Art for the People Gallery AustinA few posts ago I announced about my art audition for an upcoming show at Austin local gallery, Art for the People, and mentioned I’d had a couple of my Impressionist Abstract panoramas chosen! One, the red version, already had its sides painted, but the newer blue version didn’t, so I got to work right away. Like I tell folks who like hearing ’bout how I put these together, painting the sides almost always takes as long or longer than the painting! Why?
- January 13, 2022 – 2 New Works In-Progress : Good Conversation + Healthy Vines Happy Hearts – #AbstractPainting #LyricalAbstraction #TheAdjacentPossibleWasn’t sure what I wanted to paint this particular day, just really needed to 😊 I’ve been reading a creativity book, The Adjacent Possible; filled with good ideas, one of which emphasizes “just starting.” A concept the author calls zero to 1, which she explains is like this huge leap, from nothing, to something. She says it over and over, all different ways, and I understood it. First intellectually. Then emotionally. And today, physically.
- January 12, 2022 – Auditioned 3 Paintings at #ArtForThePeopleGallery, Snuck in 3 Unannounced Works, Got 4 of 6 Accepted!!!Well, I didn’t really “sneak” 3 additional works into my art audition at Art for the People Gallery here in Austin — but I did pack 3 extra pieces into my car & after they’d seen the 3 they’d asked to see, I asked them if they’d like to see some even newer work, basically blocks of color, with texture, that I had with me? And they said yes! The 3 they first asked to see….
- January 11, 2022 – Adan’s #ArtPoems / #PhotoPoems : Light is But Darkness Feeling…I’ve had a PhotoPoems / Photo Poems series of posts seems since near when I 1st started my blog, and was tempted to call this verse, for Angel, a PhotoPoem also. But even though I’ve a few posts tying poem and art work together, I don’t think that would be in the spirit of the thought behind the poems anymore. An art poem, I feel instinctively, is….
Thanks again, everyone! 😊